OVH Community, your new community space.

lol is hetzner trying to beat ovh badly?

johnnyf
04-08-2013, 14:12
I found their network to be very poor. Pings during the day 30 ish (as you'd expect), evening pings > 100.

After a few days cancelled and got a refund.

rickyday
30-07-2013, 09:56
Quote Originally Posted by elcct
New ranges are 'meh'.

Every spec is lacking of something.

For example HG Standard should have SSD drives instead of SAS

HG Best Of is pointless

HG SSD should be Standard (they should downgrade cpu or ram)

HG Hybrid and SAS - would be great if someone explain what's the point of this configuration

I mean SAS is old and it is just a waste of powerful cpu and ram

Or MG 128G SSD - SSD should be 300GB, 2x160GB is way to little - these should go to SP range

So i'd love to buy but probably will look elsewhere as i already moved most of my servers to other companies

Ideal server for me would be HG SDD, but i don't trust them anymore - next day they change ToS and i am wasting setup fee...
This is all in your opinion, appreciate your reply, but some of these servers are perfect for some users, business or personal.

Extremely competitive as well, OVH have got it right in my opinion!

DigitalDaz
30-07-2013, 09:35
No ones saying they are perfect but do you have a decent comparison for the price?

elcct
30-07-2013, 00:37
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
Indeed they have!

I would have loved to have seen the ceos and employees faces after these big announcements and new ranges from OVH.

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall, I bet their faces were PRICELESS!
New ranges are 'meh'.

Every spec is lacking of something.

For example HG Standard should have SSD drives instead of SAS

HG Best Of is pointless

HG SSD should be Standard (they should downgrade cpu or ram)

HG Hybrid and SAS - would be great if someone explain what's the point of this configuration

I mean SAS is old and it is just a waste of powerful cpu and ram

Or MG 128G SSD - SSD should be 300GB, 2x160GB is way to little - these should go to SP range

So i'd love to buy but probably will look elsewhere as i already moved most of my servers to other companies

Ideal server for me would be HG SDD, but i don't trust them anymore - next day they change ToS and i am wasting setup fee...

rickyday
29-07-2013, 23:02
I was at Microsoft in Reading on the day the new ranges from OVH were announced and this was Bills reaction.

rickyday
29-07-2013, 23:00
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
Hetzner's chips have now well and truly been pissed on
Indeed they have!

I would have loved to have seen the ceos and employees faces after these big announcements and new ranges from OVH.

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall, I bet their faces were PRICELESS!

DigitalDaz
29-07-2013, 21:27
Hetzner's chips have now well and truly been pissed on

avizeke
27-07-2013, 12:59
the fact that you have to provide ID before purchase is a joke, there staff and half there website remains in german. and there customer service sucks. i would rather use the central eu with ovh and bee close to germany rather than touch hetzner directly in germany.

macole111
20-07-2013, 17:53
Forums should be open to read, sometimes people have similar issues as ones that are posted Google them and find the answer on forums - can't do that with closed forums.

I have looked at them before, but I don't have any there, so I have no idea what they are like.

-macole111

ebony
20-07-2013, 15:58
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
They're obviously hiding something because their forum is registration only...
ya you have to have a server to use them. i find there network ok just not as good as ovh's or though i did like the free kvm when the server went down.

Andy
20-07-2013, 10:49
They're obviously hiding something because their forum is registration only...

dan
19-07-2013, 23:16
Quote Originally Posted by RikT
links ??
http://forum.hetzner.de/wbb2/thread....738#post202738

http://forum.hetzner.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=20092

RikT
19-07-2013, 22:35
links ??

dan
19-07-2013, 22:06
I got this info from their customer forum.
The CEO have posted this info there. (in german)
Also there are a lot of threads where customers are complaining about packet loss.

RikT
19-07-2013, 21:40
Quote Originally Posted by dan
Hetzner can only make such offers because their network sucks hard.
Packet loss very often.
20 servers in a rack are connected only with 1gbit, if one of your rack neighbour got ddosed you are also affected.
They also doesnt have any protection against ddos.
Stay with OVH, the OVH network is much better.
I really do not know where you got your information from I have a few servers with them and the network is pretty good I have never experienced any major packetloss and always had good speeds to from hetzner network.

jonlewi5
19-07-2013, 20:45
Quote Originally Posted by dan
Packet loss very often.
20 servers in a rack are connected only with 1gbit, if one of your rack neighbour got ddosed you are also affected.
Do you have any evidence to back this up as that really is pretty ****ty!

I've certainly no plans to leave OVH, iv had nothing but a fantastic experience with them for the past 4+ years (i think)

dan
19-07-2013, 20:34
Packet loss very often.

cartwright118
19-07-2013, 16:35
I regularly look on Hetzner, to look at various prices and server specs. Including the bidding process they have to get rid of some of the older models. On more than one occasion I have been tempted but it was only due to the price as I have no experience in the network. I feel although I would rather be loyal to OVH. Knowing the prices, what I get for my money in terms of service etc. I would rather splash out a few more $$$ for the service.

Tz-OVH
19-07-2013, 16:23
I used hetzner a long time ago, really good network, akin to LeaseWeb

LawsHosting
19-07-2013, 09:42
It's the extras that they get their money from.

Anyone know if their IPv4 blocks can be country based or just German?

jonlewi5
18-07-2013, 22:55
That is impressive. Shame about the setup fee though. Saying that, iv no experience using their network.

turbanator
18-07-2013, 04:25
they just released new servers..

http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/pro...ootserver/ex40

man that is a sweet deal even with the set up fee and 20TB is more than enough..why cant ovh do something like this :/ is hetzners network bad?