OVH Community, your new community space.

Load Balancers/Firewalls/VLANs

gigabit
27-07-2013, 02:58
Might sound a lot yeh, but I'm trying to be extra cautious. Basically we run a few back-ends for some medium sized mobile apps, DB storage and handling all monetary transactions. More important than just a site, going to have MySQL replication to keep everything more safe than our current backups every few hours.

What software based load balancer are you using? My only concern being if that's installed on a server that's a single point of failure?

As for firewall VPN - just thought it'd be nice to have everything on the same network, access some network shares easily, etc...

macole111
26-07-2013, 11:28
May I ask what you are running to need all that, not saying you don't I just want to be jealous :P

-macole111

Mark1978
26-07-2013, 10:39
Do you need all that for just two webservers?

The load balancer is text only control and complicated to work out, which is why we didn't use it and went with a software based solution instead.

gigabit
25-07-2013, 21:40
So the time has come to migrate away from our cosy SP server and get something a little more "Business grade".

Essentially would like to start with two EGs in a virtual rack with load balancing (i.e. two redundant web servers) and a firewall (for VPN from the office). Can all 3 things run simultaneously, I seem to remember someone somewhere saying they can't, that's really my main concern.

Regarding the load balancer, it starts at 30Mbps and goes up in increments - I assume we can "upgrade" this at any time with no major fuss?

Thanks!