OVH Community, your new community space.

FS range for backups

K.Kode
27-07-2013, 10:44
My OwnCloud quotas just sky rocketed.

Vmlweb
27-07-2013, 08:57
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
I've wanted for years to do a bulk storage/backup company, have had the site etc ready all this time, just haven't had servers to use, now I do
Well good luck!
Hope it works out for u.

Thelen
27-07-2013, 08:04
Quote Originally Posted by Vmlweb
Same here new opportunities are surfacing .
I've wanted for years to do a bulk storage/backup company, have had the site etc ready all this time, just haven't had servers to use, now I do

Vmlweb
26-07-2013, 22:20
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
The FS-24T certainly is tempting, this is actually making me look at quite a lot of business opportunities now.

I've always wanted to go freelance and some of these deals may help this vision actually materialise

The old brain is working overtime now
Same here new opportunities are surfacing .

rickyday
26-07-2013, 21:59
The FS-24T certainly is tempting, this is actually making me look at quite a lot of business opportunities now.

I've always wanted to go freelance and some of these deals may help this vision actually materialise

The old brain is working overtime now

Andy
26-07-2013, 21:18
Wow, OVH is going insane with these new offers. I'm loving every single one!

Thelen
26-07-2013, 16:44
wow that is insane. even more cost effective storage than a bunch of mKS2g (which we cannot order more than 3 of anyway). network not so much of a problem, imagine the backup solutions you can offer with this!!!

Vmlweb
26-07-2013, 15:51
Quote Originally Posted by Mark1978
Will definitely be getting an FS-24. Much better space than we have now and a much better processor.

Is it possible to put these servers as part of a vrack? I don't see the pro use option so I'm guessing no?
These are hosted in GRA along with the new super cheap KS servers.
Looks like they're taking the cheap bare bones approach cutting out additional features.

I don't think you'll be able to do much in terms of pro options with this server.

Mark1978
26-07-2013, 15:43
Will definitely be getting an FS-24. Much better space than we have now and a much better processor.

Is it possible to put these servers as part of a vrack? I don't see the pro use option so I'm guessing no?

Vmlweb
26-07-2013, 14:17
Great update Some competitive pricing per TB of storage.

oles@ovh.net
26-07-2013, 13:58
Hello,

We have updated the range of backup servers. It replaces the old backup and SP Storage servers.
The servers are hosted at our new DC in Gravelines (GRA). They are 1Gbps connected, but bandwidth is not guaranteed in the same
way that we guarantee bandwidth on the SP/EG/MG/HG servers. This means that on the FS, 1Gbps is possible on the internal network
between DCs and from the external network but if everyone backs up at the same time, you won't get 1Gbps. On the SP/EG/MG/HG range, bandwidth is guaranteed, so even if everyone performs the same action as you at the same time, you will still be able to use 200M/500M/750M/1.5G/3.0G bandwidth.

Today we are offering 2 servers:
- FS-8T
It's powered by an Intel Core i3 and 8GB.
It comes with 2 4TB disks in SATA3.
So you can have 8TB or 4TB disk space depending on the type of SoftRAID
The disks are 7200tr/min

- FS-24T
It's powered by an Intel Core i5 and 16GB.
It comes with 6 4TB disks in SATA3.
So you can have 24TB, 20TB or 12TB
disk space depending on the type of SoftRAID
SoftRAID. The disks are 7200tr/min

There is 1 IPv4 and 1 IPv6, but no IP Fail-over. We route it on a new kind of routers that make plenty of bandwidth but have few specific functionalities. The servers will be delivered starting from the end of next week.

For more information:

http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_serve...kup_fs_8To.xml
http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_serve...up_fs_24To.xml

Best wishes,

Octave