OVH Community, your new community space.

Network troubleshooting

Bilge
12-08-2008, 12:02
I thought it might be a routing issue out of my control, so I pinged some adjacent servers in my range, but everyone else's box seems fine.

EDIT: Oh, what do you know. It seems fine again now. Still, this kind of thing is disruptive and I wish it wouldn't happen.

EDIT: Turns out that it was because payment had lapsed for 2 hours, so everything was working "as intended".

Andy
12-08-2008, 11:32
There could be a routing issue to your main IP. Because the fail-over IP is on a different range its routing may be different. I suggest either waiting a while or phoning support to see if there is an issue.

Bilge
12-08-2008, 10:55
This morning I lost my SSH connection to my server, but I discovered that some services were still accessible. It turns out that anything bound to my servers main IP is now rendered inaccessible, but anything that is bound to the failover IP is still operating as normal. It is fortunate that I can reconnect via SSH to my server using the failover IP, because all the controls in the OVH control panel are now greyed out, including rebooting.

It would appear that my server was completely down if it wasn't for the failover IP. It will not respond to ping or anything. However I have noticed that if I try to connect to it on its main IP and then run netstat, the connection is visible and the state shows up as SYN_RECV.

I was not doing anything at the time that my box started behaving in this way. What could possibly cause it to fail to respond on its main IP all of a sudden?