OVH Community, your new community space.

Kimsurfi 16G (old)

DigitalDaz
29-07-2013, 11:36
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
+1 interesting. I've got 2 ripe blocks on a VPS server (which I'm replacing with the new cheaper EG64G), I also wonder whether I'll need to purchase professional or not :/

edit:

hmm when i went to move the ripe block all my servers appeared in the list, none of them of which had professional. i didn't actually do the move, im guessing it checks if professional is an option when you click the actual move button, or maybe they only check when you order for a server if it has professional.

if this is the case, then should be able to save the professional cost
I'm sure I've read somewhere that if it does not have pro usage but is eligible, it will add it to the order.

macole111
29-07-2013, 10:03
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
+1 interesting. I've got 2 ripe blocks on a VPS server (which I'm replacing with the new cheaper EG64G), I also wonder whether I'll need to purchase professional or not :/

edit:

hmm when i went to move the ripe block all my servers appeared in the list, none of them of which had professional. i didn't actually do the move, im guessing it checks if professional is an option when you click the actual move button, or maybe they only check when you order for a server if it has professional.

i don't think that current IP block should be included, because it is no like we are accelerating the IPv4 exhaustion, just moving our own IPs (that we pay for per month now) around different hardware.

There is no technical reason.

-macole111

Thelen
29-07-2013, 08:42
Quote Originally Posted by macole111
That is interesting, I wonder if your 'bonus' IPs can be transferred from other servers, I'll call OVH up tomorrow if no-one from OVH has replied here.

Thanks,

-macole111

edit:

macole111
28-07-2013, 20:54
Quote Originally Posted by K.Kode
If you can budget to pay the for server in months advance your IP 'bonus' is effective immediately.
That is interesting, I wonder if your 'bonus' IPs can be transferred from other servers, I'll call OVH up tomorrow if no-one from OVH has replied here.

Thanks,

-macole111

K.Kode
28-07-2013, 20:07
If you can budget to pay the for server in months advance your IP 'bonus' is effective immediately.

raxxeh
28-07-2013, 18:46
they will never make exceptions, been down this road before, and this was requesting an exception for a short period of time (2 days) on a $300eur/month server.

You're going to have to eat the cost for a while, or suck it up and use NAT while you wait for the ips to come through.

macole111
28-07-2013, 15:28
Hi all,

I have an older Kimsurfi 16G (2011 model) with a couple of RIPE IP blocks and 3 IPs attached to it doing some basic VPS servers (email server, VOIP pbx that sort of thing). However with all the new offers I was thinking of moving to one of the new servers, but there seems to be very little that fits what we want to do.

The new miniSP fits the price perfectly (only 3 more a month and much more powerful) but to use our RIPE IP blocks we have to add 15 (+3 VAT) for the professional option which takes it out of our budget. We can't get a new kimi as they don't support IP blocks ether so we are a bit stuck.

The new system where you get an IP per month of having the server is a great idea, but it only applies to current 'proper' OVH servers (which I have never seen the need to pay more for what seems to be the same level of support, when we don't need the spec). We have 4 OVH servers at the moment and have been a loyal customer (always paying our bills way beforehand, which seems to be unusual around here judging by the recent threat about renewing suspended servers ).

I wouldn't really want to move but this particular server has been running solid since 2011 and I am increasingly worried about a disk failure (no RAID - we use VMware ESXi so even if it had 2 drives...). We do have a backup (of course) but it would be such a pain to get everything back up in a disorderly fashion.

Sorry about the long post but it would be great if OVH could just let people like me in my position to move the RIPE IPs to the miniSP without the pro option (I have no need for the extra features in the pro option, and it sounds like the cost of pro is going up anyway with the new network equipment) to a new server before this one blows.

Thanks,
-macole111