OVH Community, your new community space.

KVM and NAS

DigitalDaz
31-07-2013, 23:18
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
If you use the HG range servers, you could get a 2nd NIC for internal data transfers and throw GlusterFS on it. Space grows with the number of HG servers and is redundant (provided you set it up that way). Then you're also using the SAS disks...
I've got an mHG at the moment, I'm still a bit wary of internal congestion on the switches to do anything serious.

As an example, today I was pulling some stuff from my mHG box to my new EG64 Hybrid and the maximum speed I achieved was just over 100mbit.

Granted, the mHG is Strasbourg but I can pull that from Roubaix to my servers in a UK datacenter sometimes.

elcct
31-07-2013, 21:00
Unfortunately solution with HG servers is not economical. Maybe cheaper would be MG and vRack - but then MG are no longer on 10Gbps

Myatu
31-07-2013, 19:58
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
I know the HA is a big plus point but I'm toying with the idea, now that SP is gigabit, of getting myself the storage SP with the 6 discs in and getting some sort of ZFS going on on it and then using that as an iscsi target for either KVM or ESXi in a vrack.
If you use the HG range servers, you could get a 2nd NIC for internal data transfers and throw GlusterFS on it. Space grows with the number of HG servers and is redundant (provided you set it up that way). Then you're also using the SAS disks...

elcct
31-07-2013, 12:38
Here:

Also Xeon E5 is incorrect, as CPUs in mHG are not E5

marks
31-07-2013, 10:18
Quote Originally Posted by elcct
Thanks

Can you tell me what bandwidth mHG has, as site says 1.5Gbps (main offer table), 750Mbps (left hand side table) and 1000Mbps (checkout) and so far nobody could tell me which is right.
10Gbps "OVH to OVH" and "Internet to OVH". 750Mbps "OVH to Internet"

where have you seen otherwise?

Thelen
31-07-2013, 03:06
mHG has 750mbps, as per panel.

elcct
31-07-2013, 01:42
Thanks

Can you tell me what bandwidth mHG has, as site says 1.5Gbps (main offer table), 750Mbps (left hand side table) and 1000Mbps (checkout) and so far nobody could tell me which is right.

DigitalDaz
30-07-2013, 21:47
Yes,

I have a couple of ESXi VMs running off a mHG at the moment but I have done KVM in the past too without problems.

IO is not very good, I've used far better and far worse.

I know the HA is a big plus point but I'm toying with the idea, now that SP is gigabit, of getting myself the storage SP with the 6 discs in and getting some sort of ZFS going on on it and then using that as an iscsi target for either KVM or ESXi in a vrack.

elcct
30-07-2013, 19:23
Is it possible to run KVM virtual machine off NAS-HA partition at OVH?