OVH Community, your new community space.

maximum servers per nic handle

Thelen
04-08-2013, 07:34
Never applied, just there incase... well no idea why tbh

crowarth
03-08-2013, 22:48
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
That particular bit hasn't been enforced for as long I've been with OVH. I think its more for those "special cases" and have something to point to in the T&Cs.
That's good then - the plan for me at least is to have both servers running and just rsync stuff across, and do all the configuring / dependencies installation then cancel the older kimsufi when i'm done.

i've toyed with the idea of installing proxmox or similar maybe even hyper-v and running a VM or two for my needs, but i think the mSP and the super cheap kimsufi i have will be good enough for remote backups.

i also replicate the DB to my employee VM - where i work each staff member gets a VM for free so i use it for DB replication.

Myatu
03-08-2013, 16:48
Quote Originally Posted by crowarth
is this current? this would mean that if i wanted to take out a new server to replace a rather old one that i have (currently have two servers, one of which is one of the 2.49 serveres), i would have to take it out based on a 12 month period? that seems a bit unrealistic.
That particular bit hasn't been enforced for as long I've been with OVH. I think its more for those "special cases" and have something to point to in the T&Cs.

JakeMS
03-08-2013, 12:36
I just grabbed the PDF.

First thing I saw:
Version Date 29-09-10

It's very old and from 2010, so if that is indeed the case, OVH do not seem to enforce it (or at least, I've not seen anyone complaining about it)

HostRange
03-08-2013, 12:33
I think that's for the Kimsufi 3 server limit? If you want more than 3 you need to pay for 12 months?

JakeMS
03-08-2013, 12:29
Hmm, I do hope that is indeed a mistake or worded incorrectly. Because a limit such as that is both pointless and troublesome.

crowarth
03-08-2013, 01:40
so i've found the following in this:

"3.2 If the Customer wishes to use more than 2 dedicated servers in any month, the
Contract shall be for a minimum of 12 months, and Condition 11.2 of the General
Conditions shall not apply during such period. "

is this current? this would mean that if i wanted to take out a new server to replace a rather old one that i have (currently have two servers, one of which is one of the 2.49 serveres), i would have to take it out based on a 12 month period? that seems a bit unrealistic.