OVH Community, your new community space.

Debian + ISPConfig 3 distribution

Tz-OVH
11-09-2013, 21:19
Operating system ISPconfig 3.0.5.3 (Debian 7 64bit) (BETA)
Well darn. Thanks Felix, you're right.

It took us a while to figure out a particular issue with postfix as we updated the Debian 6 install ourselves. In the words of the intelligent linux buddy who figured it out:

The default configuration for ISPConfig on Debian Wheezy includes a Postfix configuration that may cause problems. If an email address is set up through ISPConfig, outgoing mail works as expected, but incoming mail is returned to the sender with an "unknown user" error. To fix this, open /etc/postfix/main.cf and check the "mydestination" line. If anything except "localhost" or "localhost.localdomain" appears on that line, remove it. ISPConfig adds the hostname of the server to this line at setup, but this prevents Postfix from delivering mail properly.
I wish OVH would share more...it would be good to know why its in BETA - and why even offer a BETA setup like that.

Felix
11-09-2013, 20:36
Tz-OVH wrote:
> I would hope that OVH update their OS choice with an updated Debian
> distro in the near future!

Happened just a couple days after your post, hope it still is of any help!

Tz-OVH
26-08-2013, 22:33
The upgrade from Debian 6 to 7 took 2 tries, it finally got done properly. Though it seems to have broken some stuff in ISPConfig, dovecot is partly to blame.

I would hope that OVH update their OS choice with an updated Debian distro in the near future!

Till then I'll be following a guide @ howtoforge.com

Tz-OVH
03-08-2013, 18:49
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
dist-upgrade?
I know thats an option, but I was wondering if OVH were going to offer it any time soon

Myatu
03-08-2013, 17:51
dist-upgrade?

Tz-OVH
03-08-2013, 10:38
Any plans to update the Debian portion to 7 as an offering?

As on today it comes as Debian 6 with ISPConfig 3.