OVH Community, your new community space.

Waiting over 48 hours for failover IP's

crowarth
09-08-2013, 13:50
Quote Originally Posted by bloodkil
Mine said 1 - 10 days, it is now day 14, could you at least check how far along my order is and if anything is wrong? Order No. 21486295
I ordered my 2G on 01/08 and my SP on 03/08, still waiting on them too. good thing i have my existing kimsufi box running!

bloodkil
09-08-2013, 13:23
Mine said 1 - 10 days, it is now day 14, could you at least check how far along my order is and if anything is wrong? Order No. 21486295

megaukhost
09-08-2013, 13:20
If this is the case can you change it to Estimated or get rid of it. As that little box is the reason to everyones moaning.

marks
09-08-2013, 13:15
Quote Originally Posted by ancilenet
Hi,
Anyone else experienced waiting over 48 hours for failover IP's ?
could you tell me your order number, so we'll have a look?

Whats not pleasing me is I had a customer lined up to use this hardware which would have lead to a few more machine orders, however, after the customers project being delayed 5 days by waiting on me - they have now moved on else where, so I have lost out on a potentially great contract for me.
we don't offer guaranteed delivery times. Most of the times it is very quick, but not so these first weeks with the server model.

I would suggest not to guarantee something to your customers that we don't guarantee to you, unless you implement it yourself (having your own pool of servers ready to deliver)

elcct
09-08-2013, 00:37
I ordered one last night and still waiting...

ancilenet
06-08-2013, 12:15
Got them now thankfully.

ebony
05-08-2013, 17:37
i got some at the weekend and i got mine in a few hours

it goes down to if they need to check the older ovh sales UK does not work at the weekend when i was new at ovh i had to wait a few days over the weekend.

Trapper
05-08-2013, 16:54
Ordered a Failover IP last night, came in within 5 minutes...

(paid with points)

~Trap

crowarth
05-08-2013, 15:33
Quote Originally Posted by elcct
I ordered two failovers last night and waited maybe half an hour each
Takes me about the same period of time for failovers. looking forward to the loyalty thing where you get to rent an extra per month you have the server from the 4th onwards

elcct
05-08-2013, 14:33
I ordered two failovers last night and waited maybe half an hour each

Thelen
04-08-2013, 07:35
Yep took 2 days or so for me to get an extra /27.

ancilenet
03-08-2013, 16:10
Hi Dragon,

Thanks I do realise that the machine rental period is from when it was deployed, that I am happy about at least!

Whats not pleasing me is I had a customer lined up to use this hardware which would have lead to a few more machine orders, however, after the customers project being delayed 5 days by waiting on me - they have now moved on else where, so I have lost out on a potentially great contract for me.

So yup, a bit miffed!

dragon2611
03-08-2013, 16:03
Hi,

Starting to get a bit annoyed with how long EVERYTHING seems to take at ovh.

I waited a week for the hardware even though I was amoungst the first to order, and here I am waiting again on IP's to bind to the machine. The machine is of no use to me if i don't have any addresses I can delploy VM's on - so here we are day 9 or 10 after paying for the machine and 9 or 10 days out of pocket, not to mention wasted time waiting on the hardware going online in the first place.

Sorry, just a bit miffed!
Might be worth checking the renewal dates, sure I saw a post on here stating that the period does not start until the machine is delivered.

I.e if you paid for 30days then your renewal is 30 days after the machine is provisioned NOT 30 days after you placed the order.

At least I'd hope that to be the case as otherwise we'd be paying OVH for a service that's not being provided.

ancilenet
03-08-2013, 15:43
Hi,

Starting to get a bit annoyed with how long EVERYTHING seems to take at ovh.

I waited a week for the hardware even though I was amoungst the first to order, and here I am waiting again on IP's to bind to the machine. The machine is of no use to me if i don't have any addresses I can delploy VM's on - so here we are day 9 or 10 after paying for the machine and 9 or 10 days out of pocket, not to mention wasted time waiting on the hardware going online in the first place.

Sorry, just a bit miffed!