OVH Community, your new community space.

Kimsufi max 3 IP addresses?

megaukhost
07-08-2013, 12:19
if you had the old deals o I could of made XEN, KVM and OpenVZ nodes for the same price . I will be happy with the mSP and proxmox its just getting it thats the issue :P

marks
07-08-2013, 11:58
Quote Originally Posted by megaukhost
Thanks all,

I purchased the mSP instead now with professional use option I do miss the old kimsufi range though. Still the most competitive for price and hardware in Europe just gotta wait for it now be checking email every 5 minutes for next 24 hours :-D
one of the biggest improvements of the mSP is that it's a professional server, so it's got SLA and full support. Don't overlook that! The previous ks, even with similar price, they come with no support or guarantees.

Thelen
07-08-2013, 10:24
you don't need professional option if you only want 3 additional IPs on the mSP, but yea.

megaukhost
06-08-2013, 18:21
Thanks all,

I purchased the mSP instead now with professional use option I do miss the old kimsufi range though. Still the most competitive for price and hardware in Europe just gotta wait for it now be checking email every 5 minutes for next 24 hours :-D

johnnyf
06-08-2013, 13:44
Is it true with all Kimsufi servers you can only get 3 IP addresses now and no additional RIP ip addresses?
This is correct. This has killed the range for me, which Im a bit gutted about as I lose the chance of having a faster server for less money.

Paying more for less leaves a bad taste.

raxxeh
05-08-2013, 23:36
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
You get 0 failover IPs. And trying to route an existing failover IP you may have to the new range of KS will not work (I had to try ).
You could theoretically NAT it over to gravelines from another kimsufi in rbx, or one of the SP series.

Myatu
05-08-2013, 20:20
You get 0 failover IPs. And trying to route an existing failover IP you may have to the new range of KS will not work (I had to try ).

ebony
05-08-2013, 18:32
Is it true with all Kimsufi servers you can only get 3 IP addresses now and no additional RIP ip addresses?
Now this is not true. with the fall of 2013 ks's one ipv4 and one ipv6

the old KS you can get a extra 3 ip's no rip and a /64 block of ipv6

If you want ip's then you have to go for a Mks

megaukhost
05-08-2013, 18:02