OVH Community, your new community space.

Setup Time For SPmini Still Slow ?

Jasgriff
11-08-2013, 17:40
Whoops I was expressing my views in the wrong thread

megaukhost
11-08-2013, 13:35
Quote Originally Posted by Jasgriff
If I went to a shop and bought a tv that was on offer and the salesperson told me that it would be with me tomorrow and it wasnt. Then after calling im told up to 10 days and I call on the 11th day to be told that you will actually have to wait another 2 months and that you cant call anymore because were too busy? how would you feel?
They told you your mSP could take 2 months?

Jasgriff
11-08-2013, 13:29
Quote Originally Posted by ctype_alnum
Forget whether they do or don't offer support this is more about how the business is being run. My main point being you don't answer the phone and straight away tell a potential customer that there is no support offered in a condescending tone, there are better ways to enter that particular subject into a conversation. I have a service which we offer to large clients and smaller clients, if a smaller client phones or emails they don't get told straight away there is NO support offered.
I agree is there is not phone or email support then it costs nothing to be polite. Regardless of what they make its just as quick to e polite as it is to be snappy.

If OVH didnt want emails or phone calls asking where their kit is then they could have either kept us up to date with group emails or made it very clear when we were ordering that support was through this forum only.

It is not the customers fault that they sold more than what they anticipate and that it took over a week before someone could talk to a manager efore the decision was made to stop taking any more orders. Has anyone had an email since to ask them to only use the forum for support? probably not.

If I went to a shop and bought a tv that was on offer and the salesperson told me that it would be with me tomorrow and it wasnt. Then after calling im told up to 10 days and I call on the 11th day to be told that you will actually have to wait another 2 months and that you cant call anymore because were too busy? how would you feel?

ctype_alnum
11-08-2013, 12:17
Forget whether they do or don't offer support this is more about how the business is being run. My main point being you don't answer the phone and straight away tell a potential customer that there is no support offered in a condescending tone, there are better ways to enter that particular subject into a conversation. I have a service which we offer to large clients and smaller clients, if a smaller client phones or emails they don't get told straight away there is NO support offered.

macole111
11-08-2013, 12:11
Kimsufis have never had telephone support - so that it to be expected. Older Kimsufis used to have email support but that seems to have gone now - it might just be the 2G that doesn't have this?

I can see why OVH have done this, but public forums aren't the best place for all issues - you really need email for things like IP addresses etc.

-macole111

JaiRagwani
11-08-2013, 12:09
It clearly says on the Kimsufi page that support is forum only.

Also about the support tickets, getting only a 3-4 hour wait is amazing - I've had 8hr waits before. The Kimsufi range is intended for testers and developers and is unmanaged like most of OVH services, a support ticket function for servers and that you got responded to quickly is a bonus.

ctype_alnum
11-08-2013, 12:02
The staff answering the phones are clueless and have a negative effect on the business.

Oles: I called up to enquire about four servers and was told straight away (yes after I had mentioned what I was looking for! about 10 seconds into the call.) that NO support was offered with KS-4G and KS-16G, I already know the KS-2G is forum support only but wasn't aware of the others. I'd say about 30 seconds into the call I had enough of the call handlers tone and decided to end the call. Based on the previous 3-4hr wait on urgent support tickets, recent events and that particular call suffice to say I will not be hosting my business with OVH.

All of the above is factual, I suspect certain people will defend ovh by saying "high spec, loads of bandwidth for cheaps" yes thats about the only thing they offer.

bushybaker
11-08-2013, 11:13
Hi again, just got my mSP in GRA.

Placed my order late on 05-08-2013, got the login at 04:13 this morning (on a Sunday ?!) its also got the 200mb/s

Thanks OVH.

Thelen
08-08-2013, 08:41
At which location, SBG?

megaukhost
07-08-2013, 09:57
If this is true why did the mSP had 24 hours setup on it until after 12 last night.

Thelen
07-08-2013, 09:54
it could cause more delay, they could provision new servers with the switches, but from the sounds of it they have ordered more than enough switches to replace everything, so i don't see it doing any harm..

theatheist
07-08-2013, 03:00
Quote Originally Posted by raxxeh
They have all the hardware to deliver the physical servers now.

They are now waiting on 1gbps switches to be able to deliver them.
Yes but no ETA.

You can opt to have a temp 100Mbps switch and have server now but that will probably cause more delay for you getting the 1gb switch when they arrive?

raxxeh
07-08-2013, 02:16
Quote Originally Posted by bloodkil
I'm not sure what's going on atm, phoned support today and they just seemed clueless
They have all the hardware to deliver the physical servers now.

They are now waiting on 1gbps switches to be able to deliver them.

bloodkil
07-08-2013, 01:57
I'm not sure what's going on atm, phoned support today and they just seemed clueless

megaukhost
07-08-2013, 01:27
Are you guys still waiting I just ordered a mSP then noticed the delays they are having on the forum. I wanted to choose RBX but selected SBG as it had a 24 hour setup time :-(

crowarth
06-08-2013, 10:15
Quote Originally Posted by roger198
There must be a big back log then as I have been waiting since 28th for a RBX sp one, be a good idea to set em up with 100 meg for the mo and change the switch over later as I personally would prefer that so i can get on with moving all the data off the old 16gig one before the renewal date..
i ordered mine just after my renewal so i've got it for a month before i cancel it. gives me plenty of time to migrate data though.

roger198
06-08-2013, 10:08
There must be a big back log then as I have been waiting since 28th for a RBX sp one, be a good idea to set em up with 100 meg for the mo and change the switch over later as I personally would prefer that so i can get on with moving all the data off the old 16gig one before the renewal date..

Thelen
06-08-2013, 06:12
Planned yes, they didn't realise how much demand there would be for all the new servers.

Not quite sure why, the prices are insanely good, but there you go.

orion
06-08-2013, 02:42
Quote Originally Posted by Bambooz
So they do not even have the right switch`s for the servers at the moment thats something they surely could of planned for ?

Bambooz
06-08-2013, 02:12
Quote Originally Posted by bushybaker
I had an mSP order for RBX placed on 31-07-2013 and I canceled it today as I would prefer GRA.
OVH say the delay on mSP in RBX is because they are waiting on 1gb switches that are needed due to the change from 100mb to 200mb and that they have enough servers to complete all orders [...]
Related & unexpected: https://twitter.com/olesovhcom/statu...56007646576640

avizeke
06-08-2013, 01:33
i have 2 GRA orders placed today, that was 9 hours ago. if what your saying is right bushy then i should have my server by now.

bushybaker
06-08-2013, 01:31
I had an mSP order for RBX placed on 31-07-2013 and I canceled it today as I would prefer GRA.
OVH say the delay on mSP in RBX is because they are waiting on 1gb switches that are needed due to the change from 100mb to 200mb and that they have enough servers to complete all orders, I'm guessing GRA wont have this prob.
Placed a new order for GRA today so I'll let you know when it complete.

avizeke
06-08-2013, 01:26
take no notice of there website and what they say if they call.

i called twice yesterday to get ETA times, and both people i spoke to said they honestly dont know when as they have a backlog of around 80 servers yet at the time 26 showed as available.

I asked can you give ETA times on each datacentre and they still said they dont know. How on earth they did not expect this happening i dont know. at least have them good to go before selling a product.

they are creating around 50 sp mini's per week due to back log.

orion
06-08-2013, 00:44
I am thinking about getting a spmini as well when selecting data center it gives the option of the gravelines data center but on the details page it gives not show gravelines with a eta.Central europe has a 24hr setup time are the spminis still being effected by slow deployment ?.