OVH Community, your new community space.

mSP whats going on with them??

megaukhost
10-08-2013, 12:08
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Yep still waiting on some mSP. Have had 6 delivered so far, and a new EG and a new HG during all of this.

Really not pissed off for having to wait, the remaining servers I could get just 1 or 2 elsewhere for the same price, so...
When did you get them delivered m8?

Thelen
10-08-2013, 12:03
Yep still waiting on some mSP. Have had 6 delivered so far, and a new EG and a new HG during all of this.

Really not pissed off for having to wait, the remaining servers I could get just 1 or 2 elsewhere for the same price, so...

ctype_alnum
08-08-2013, 12:00
Thelen,

Are you waiting on anything?

megaukhost
08-08-2013, 11:59
Its not the fact that people are waiting why people are pissed off. Most people are pissed off because they brought a product under false description about the delivery.

If you went to a restaurant and got told your meal would be an hour and then it was 4 wouldn't you be pissed off? Its not us thats acting like 4 year olds m8 if OVH have a development team for there websites why don't they pull there finger out and say something on the dedicated server page about the backlog or change the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Pay peanuts get monkeys. OVH is an awesome service even with these issues, if you can't recognise that, and as well recognise OVHs limitations, then leave, do everyone a favour and leave!
No one is moaning about OVH service people moaning have said OVH are great however like you say pay peanuts get monkeys we are still waiting for the monkey.

Thelen
08-08-2013, 09:40
Quote Originally Posted by avizeke
At what stage does OVH step it up to getting these servers online quicker, does it have to get to the stage of flaming?. where you realise that this step you have taken as a company is an actual negative outlook on the business and you step it up then.

This is borderline pathetic now, your websites dont sync with each other ovh website giving acurate info on time scales, and the staff there at ovh are also inconsistent with time scales, things are spiralling here. And its now affecting others without any real discretion.

i am greatly disapointed, and this will not leave me for a while when people will mention ovh i will remember this as the service you provide.
If they did it your way OVH would be out of business tomorrow.

Pay peanuts get monkeys. OVH is an awesome service even with these issues, if you can't recognise that, and as well recognise OVHs limitations, then leave, do everyone a favour and leave!

Quote Originally Posted by megaukhost
I would personally take away delivery times and say can take upto 7 days to deliver server that way no one can moan and not giving people false expectations.
People are already/still moaning about the current delivery times, so that won't help.

Bottom line, we got a bunch of people that got super excited when they saw something shiny, and now that they are being made to wait they are having 5yr old temper tantrums.

Phixion
07-08-2013, 22:21
Ah so you ordered at SBG... mine is at RBX, that clears things up a little

megaukhost
07-08-2013, 19:27
Oles ‏@olesovhcom 1:58 AM - 7 Aug 13
#OVH 7 August. #SP: at #SBG will be delivered Sunday, at #RBX the orders < 30 July will be delivered before the end of the week.

I ordered mine at SBG and that comment said no ifs or buts and as I ordered it when it said 24 hours I expect it to be sunday now. If I don't get it sunday then its very misleading just like there website lol.

heres the post for the mSPs http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?p=47882#post47882

Think you would get yours around friday Phixion as it says <30th by the end of the week which could be Friday. If it wasn't he wouldn't of had to of put it if it was the same orders.

MattGarner
07-08-2013, 19:26
Quote Originally Posted by Phixion
I agree with you, but you only ordered yesterday? Get in line mate!

I doubt you'll get your server Sunday with the huge backlog, I ordered on the 26th July and am still waiting.

I thought Oles said on his twitter that 80% of mSP's would be delivered on Friday, now it's Sunday all of a sudden?

/confused.
Where's the Sunday being mentioned?

Phixion
07-08-2013, 19:22
I agree with you, but you only ordered yesterday? Get in line mate!

I doubt you'll get your server Sunday with the huge backlog, I ordered on the 26th July and am still waiting.

I thought Oles said on his twitter that 80% of mSP's would be delivered on Friday, now it's Sunday all of a sudden?

/confused.

megaukhost
07-08-2013, 19:09
Mark m8 you should try this thing called a mailing list there really useful lol and apparently you got a development team for the websites how long would it take to get a box up to say your having issues? I would say it was a customer issue as most people understand you cannot pull Xeons from you bum, but they expect to be kept updated regularly.

As it looks like OVH don't care about misleading customers and don't tell you the truth til you got there cash. I am a lot chilled about the situation now as I know it be about Sunday and as I been with you guys before I know I am going to get what I asked for. But if your a new customer with OVH and trapped in this backlog it doesn't look good m8.

I would personally take away delivery times and say can take upto 7 days to deliver server that way no one can moan and not giving people false expectations.

theatheist
07-08-2013, 19:02
The SPs be ready Sunday now m8 if your at SBG earlier if your RBX, I feel your frustration but every hosting company has a down fall. I am glad OVH downfall is with customer relations and not their network and hardware.
Where did you get that info, from Oles twitter?

If yes he also said that ALL EG/MG would be ready yesterday and they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by marks
it would more fair to say that this backlog and supply problem is the problem, not customer relations. It's difficult to get everyone informed, even if we can't give much information.
I'm sorry but I fail to understand how difficult it is to simply change the availability on front pages to a realistic ETA rather then false claims of 72 & 24 hours?

marks
07-08-2013, 18:45
The SPs be ready Sunday now m8 if your at SBG earlier if your RBX, I feel your frustration but every hosting company has a down fall. I am glad OVH downfall is with customer relations and not their network and hardware.
it would more fair to say that this backlog and supply problem is the problem, not customer relations. It's difficult to get everyone informed, even if we can't give much information.

megaukhost
07-08-2013, 18:32

avizeke
07-08-2013, 18:16
there is at least a 7 working day wait, bought mine on monday, and now they are saying it will take at least that.

when you order something, your are at the belief that the website provides factual information, thats what keeps a expectation level of a service that you provide. This is now become a ill informed matter and unprofessional in my eyes.

i am not one for flaming but this lack of unprofessional ism from a already sterling company is not what i expect or expected or else i would of left three years ago after my first month of been with you.

At what stage does OVH step it up to getting these servers online quicker, does it have to get to the stage of flaming?. where you realise that this step you have taken as a company is an actual negative outlook on the business and you step it up then.

This is borderline pathetic now, your websites dont sync with each other ovh website giving acurate info on time scales, and the staff there at ovh are also inconsistent with time scales, things are spiralling here. And its now affecting others without any real discretion.

i am greatly disapointed, and this will not leave me for a while when people will mention ovh i will remember this as the service you provide.

Andy
07-08-2013, 16:19
I think a small notice in a nice bright red box would be appropriate at the moment to say that servers on order are experiencing a backlog. It's not that difficult to communicate to your customers Even an e-mail to those without outstanding orders would be good too Come on OVH, use your noggins

orion
07-08-2013, 15:52
this is a very special and unusual situation. There are lots of orders and the supply of parts is not yet as streamlined as it should be.

The servers will be delivered in order as their orders were placed.

We're looking towards the end of the week or early next week for this mSP servers, but it's not 100% guaranteed and it would also depend on the possition of your order.

And we can't give more information. And this info applies to all orders for mSP servers.
The KS servers are not being delivered in order i ordered a KS 2g on saturday and then someone who placed a order on sunday last week got their server yesterday ?.

theatheist
07-08-2013, 15:03
We're looking towards the end of the week or early next week for this mSP servers
And what about EG or FS servers?

megaukhost
07-08-2013, 12:57
of course we can understand technical issues and I am sure we understand things can go wrong it happens to everyone. However this is a backlog and surely you saw it coming an email with confirmation orders to tell you would of been nice.

I am an inpatient git that just wants to play with his new toy so apologize about the moaning. I still wouldn't use any other provider but OVH but all I can do at the moment is wait and moan lol.

marks
07-08-2013, 12:46
the availability on the website just shows strictly speaking the servers delivered within that time, as they are coming up from our production lines, but I agree that, with such a massive disruption of the stocks and supplies, the info is a bit confusing.

in any case, we cannot anyhow guarantee the delivery times, with or without backlog. Think that in normal circumstances, there could still be a supply problem with a particular model, or an incident installing the OS on a server, and then, the delivery time would be delayed aswell. There are too many things that could go wrong, it's just the type of product and the technology.

To offer 100% guarantee of all orders within hours or even day, just this, would take the service costs to a new different level.

megaukhost
07-08-2013, 12:12
I think you guys need to understand customers frustration with this these servers been delayed for upto 12 days and from yesterday it still said 24 hour setup for SBG. You go on twitter and boast that you sold 15,000 kimsufi's in 10 days and your constantly giving updates for them. It just feels like your sorting out kimsufi and the rest of us can wait. You have put me and many others in a awkward situation as I gotta wait days now for a refund or my server so there is no point getting a refund.

I understand OVH is very busy and in my opinion you guys cannot be beaten in service and price and at the moment I do feel for the staff as they must be rushed off there feet. However having 24 hour setup times knowing you got a 11 day backlog can only come down to 3 things and that is laziness, incompetence or greed. We get told different stories all the time first of you didn't have enough stock of servers then it was the switches I just got off the phone and they say its because of stock of servers again.

Like I said I feel for the staff at the moment but there was no excuse to keep accepting orders without warning them about the backlog.

marks
07-08-2013, 11:33
this is a very special and unusual situation. There are lots of orders and the supply of parts is not yet as streamlined as it should be.

The servers will be delivered in order as their orders were placed.

We're looking towards the end of the week or early next week for this mSP servers, but it's not 100% guaranteed and it would also depend on the possition of your order.

And we can't give more information. And this info applies to all orders for mSP servers.

megaukhost
07-08-2013, 10:39
I see you keep giving up dates for the kimsufi but what about us that has paid for other servers with professional use when are you going to give us an update on them.

I ordered my mSP only yesterday but got people here saying they been waiting for up to a week but when I ordered yesterday the site still said 24 hours setup. Could someone please check on my order please and let me know if am actually going to get it today or not please.

My order number: 21851032

Thanks