OVH Community, your new community space.

SLA 1001

IainK
16-08-2008, 19:34
Yianni, it's easy to look at the ovh website and think 100mbit isn't much, but in fact 100mbit is a hell of a lot, and 1gbit is -big time- ammounts of bandwidth, especially when you know you will be using it 24/7.
Any ISP will consider you a big time customer when you reach gbps level, even if they themselves provide 300+ Gbps.

Yianni
16-08-2008, 18:59
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
> I've read your post a few times and its all too confusing for your
> everyday customer.

if you are everyday customer, you don't need a pro service for the
big customers. It's only if you have EG/MG/HG servers. Do you have
one ? will have ? If yes, maybe one day you will need this service.
In another words, today Ovh is working for your futur
Hello,

We have just purchased an EG server today actually this is why I was interested in this topic.

I don't think you need to be a pro user/service to rent an EG server. The 1Gbit link alone makes it worth having one.

Keep up the good work. And hopefully things can be easy for everyone to understand.

Cheers

oles@ovh.net
16-08-2008, 18:52
> I've read your post a few times and its all too confusing for your
> everyday customer.

if you are everyday customer, you don't need a pro service for the
big customers. It's only if you have EG/MG/HG servers. Do you have
one ? will have ? If yes, maybe one day you will need this service.
In another words, today Ovh is working for your futur

IainK
16-08-2008, 18:20
The everyday customer will not need SLA 1001. An average customer in OVH is not using > 30Mbps, according to Oles. So you shouldn't need to worry.

Yianni
16-08-2008, 17:42
Why does OVH continue to confuse its customers with these ridiculous proposals?

Keeping things simple is the best way.

I've read your post a few times and its all too confusing for your everyday customer.

IainK
16-08-2008, 14:11
Surely this would be on top of the free 100mbps per client though yes? So €1200/month for 500Mbps?

Say I allow 10mbps to France, but then I find that more people in France are streaming just now and no one in Germany is using the line, and say I've given Germany 200mbps. Can I then chuck Germany down to 100mbps and move France up to 100mbps in the manager with only a few minutes delay?
(If so, this would make or break this service.)

And for the record this is extremely reasonable pricing!
I will be staying with OVH and I will be paying for my bandwidth. No complaints what so ever! Great stuff!
Glad to see this!

P.S. Oles will you still be offering the ability to pay per 100mbps connection per peering provider at €100/mo?

unclebob
16-08-2008, 11:43
Good morning,

We are thinking of proposing 'SLA1001' on servers with servers EG / MG / HG. The goal is to offer a Service Level Agreement (SLA) on the bandwidth up to 1Gbps for all clients.

Proposal:
You buy X Mbps of 'SLA1001'. For example 400Mbps, shared among your 3 servers. You are entitled to 30% in transit and 70% in peering. So that is 120Mbps purely in transit and 280Mbps purely in peering. You can choose how Mbps you want to allocate to each
operator (Teleglobe, Global Crossing, Level3, DTAG and free) and how much you want to allocate to each peering point and private peering.

If your customers are mostly in Germany, you can, for example allow 100Mbps on DTAG and 5Mbps on Teleglobe, Global Crossing, Level3 and Free, and 250Mbps on Decix and on other peering points.

If your customers are predominantly in France, you can put 100Mbps on Free and 5Mbps on others, especially on Sfinx and Panap, and private peering on Nine, T-Online, Numericable.

And if you want a equal distribution, you put a little everywhere.

The cost of Mbps would 3 Euro +Tax / Mbps. Therefore our example would cost 3€ x 400Mbps = 1200€ and you may allocate it as you wish.

Yours
Octave

slayer2005
16-08-2008, 11:35
Hello, One thinks of proposing SLA1001 on the waiters with waiters EG/MG/HG. The goal is to propose a service SLA on the band-width jusqu' with 1Gbps for l' together of waiters of the customer. L' is refined; offer. Proposal: You buy X Mbps in SLA1001. For example 400Mbps for your 3 waiters. You are entitled to 30% in transit and 70% in peering. C' is to be said 120Mbps in transit pure and 280Mbps in peering pure. You can choose how much Mbps you wish to allocate yourselves on each operator (Teleglobe, Total Crossing, Level3, DTAG and Free) and how much you wish to allocate yourselves on each not private peering and peering. If your customers are especially in Germany, you can for example allocate 100Mbps on DTAG and 5Mbps on Teleglobe, Total Crossing, Level3 and Free then 250Mbps on Decix then the remainder on other points of peering. If you customers are especially in France, you put 100Mbps on Free and 5Mbps on others and especially on Sfinx, private Panap and peering like Last nines, T-Online, Numericable etc And if you want one homogeneous trick, you put a little everywhere. The cost of Mbps would be of 3Euro HT/Mbps. And thus in our 3x400=1200E example then you allocate like you want. In a friendly way Octave

oles@ovh.net
16-08-2008, 09:38
Bonjour,
On pense proposer SLA1001 sur les serveurs avec les
serveurs EG/MG/HG. Le but est de proposer un service
SLA sur la bande passante jusqu'à 1Gbps pour l'ensemble
de serveurs du client. On affine l'offre.

Proposition:
Vous achetez X Mbps en SLA1001. Par exemple 400Mbps
pour vos 3 serveurs. Vous avez droit à 30% en transit
et 70% en peering. C'est à dire 120Mbps en transit
pure et 280Mbps en peering pure. Vous pouvez choisir
combien de Mbps vous souhaitez vous allouer sur chaque
opérateur (Teleglobe, Global Crossing, Level3, DTAG et
Free) et combien vous souhaitez vous allouer sur chaque
point de peering et les peering privés. Si vos clients
sont surtout en allemagne, vous pouvez par exemple alouer
100Mbps sur DTAG et 5Mbps sur Teleglobe, Global Crossing,
Level3 et Free puis 250Mbps sur Decix puis le reste sur
les autres points de peering. Si vous clients sont surtout
en France, vous mettez 100Mbps sur Free et 5Mbps sur les
autres et surtout sur Sfinx, Panap et peering privé comme
Neuf, T-Online, Numericable etc. Et si vous voulez un
truc homogene, vous mettez un peu partout.

Le cout de Mbps serait de 3Euro HT/Mbps. Et donc dans
notre exemple 3x400=1200E puis vous allouez comme vous
voulez.

Amicalement
Octave