OVH Community, your new community space.

URL for sites hosted on VPS

cartwright118
15-08-2013, 21:02
Quote Originally Posted by jadrake
RTFM!!!

Off topic....but, the first and last time I heard this quote I was in a Uni lecture and my lecturer said it out aloud in front of everyone. I had NO idea what it was. Google helped me out and found it highly hilarious that he said it. VERY random, but you made me laugh!

szisti
08-08-2013, 19:23
Adam: if you are running plesk on it, that deals with DNS server (bind) also, and you can do what you originally wanted
set up your domain on the VPS, manage your own zone on the VPS
plesk makes it really simple and easy
I'm moving my domains from OVH's DNS servers to my plesk server + the secondary they provide, once i get my mSP in a couple of days

jadrake
08-08-2013, 16:54
Thanks for the help. That solution used to work on my old VPS, but not this one.

Actually, I'm an *****. Rather than RTFM, I wrote on the forum! Plesk is pretty comprehensive in its documentation, but I failed to read it.

All read now, and all working.

Trax
08-08-2013, 16:26
Would it not be vps12345.ovh.net/~mysite ? Not 100% but worth a shot.

jadrake
08-08-2013, 16:21
Can someone tell me the URL structure for a secondary site hosted on a VPS prior to that site's domain name being pointed to the VPS?

I've just uploaded a secondary site to my VPS and want to check it works before flipping the details of my domain name to the the new host.

Eg:

My secondary site is called mysite.com
My VPS is vps12345.ovh.net

I can see my primary site by simply viewing vps12345.ovh.net in my browser. What must I enter to view my secondary site?

I've tried: mysite.com.vps12345.ovh.net and mysite.vps12345.ovh.net and vps12345.ovh.net/mysite but neither work.

Thanks,

Adam