OVH Community, your new community space.

False-Positive Issues on the DDoS Mitigation feature

K-Xander
08-08-2013, 18:44
Thanks for the help!

marks
08-08-2013, 18:19
yes, the mailing list listed above is the best thing to report issues with the IP API. That sounds like a bug to be honest.

Trapper
08-08-2013, 18:15
Welcome to the Forum!

The best option for you would be to subscribe to the dDOS Mailing list:

ddos-subscribe@ml.ovh.net

You can then ask questions there. I have seen some talk of settings which can be made, which may help you.

~Trap

K-Xander
08-08-2013, 18:09
Hello and first of all it's great to be here and part of OVH.

Any of you out there that are hosting gameservers and tried the ddos protection? I personally activated a few days ago but unfortunately there are quite some many false-positive issues which causes a mass disconnect among my users every few hours. This is random and so far I had like 10-14 hours or so without issues but in the other days happend to get that 2-3 times in less than a hour or two.

Bought the PRO usage so I can tweak and add some of my own rules but just noticed that by trying to add multiple ips separate by a comma can cause your rule to stay in createPending state for days and if the rule is not correct it just should be denied.

Anyway, I am interested in how can we reduce the false-positive alarms so we can keep our server under permanent protection but not worry about mass disconnect of our players which sometimes can be even half of their number.

Thank you for listening