OVH Community, your new community space.

Admins etc?

macole111
21-08-2013, 14:36
Oh don't get me started on those BT call centres!

-macole111

LawsHosting
21-08-2013, 14:31
As long as they don't do a BT and outsource to India, we will be ok.

What, too much?

macole111
21-08-2013, 14:21
This is it: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6674 although it was devised as a way of supporting software/management on customer servers which OVH doesn't do.

-macole111

LawsHosting
21-08-2013, 14:10
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
keep in mind OVH is trying to get started their reseller program (just sent in my paperwork) that might be another way to bring about some of these community support things.
What is this "reseller" programme? Support programme? Considering I pay over 100p/m to OVH (yes, peanuts compared to some) I ought to have some support directly from OVH, Kimsufi's or not - although over the years, I only have had network & hardware issues, but even so.

I can see these forums getting out of hand soon.....or even repeatedly crashing just for the shear amount of Kimsufi orders.......

macole111
21-08-2013, 10:31
That is exactly what I thought, but they seem to be vetting the partner program carefully, so it is not like there is going to be a lot of us.

-macole111

Thelen
21-08-2013, 10:24
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
So you'll be working over weekends then....... I think not.

And if you tell me the "community" could help with tasks.. Yeah, maybe little things like software, kernal, rescue pro, etc, but I'd be damned if I'd trust anyone with sensitive server details (no offence guys)
I suspect it might not be too hard to establish a 'trusted community members' group, which while might not do moderation, might be able to be in a position to provide aforementioned support for software kernel etc.

and while some might not trust, i'd think a lot of people would and alot of people already get help on lots of other forums and post information that can be sensitive.

keep in mind OVH is trying to get started their reseller program (just sent in my paperwork) that might be another way to bring about some of these community support things.

macole111
20-08-2013, 13:33
I agree with the latest posts - one of OVH's things is a server for life (I know that is hardware - but I think the sentiment is the support will be the same). Also if you aren't on the forums you won't know about this change until it is too late. OVH should really send an email to current Kimi clients.

-macole111

Trapper
20-08-2013, 13:27
As I say, a 3 server.... yeah, no support guaranteed, I agree..... but if you have an old Kimi (worth 75+), then I'd expect to be able to open my own tickets for that server.
+1

I have a collection of servers which cost a whole lot more than 20. These were taken out with email support, which has now been removed

~Trap

LawsHosting
20-08-2013, 13:21
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
after all, even though they're paying a tiny amount, it comes with "forum support".
As I say, a 3 server.... yeah, no support guaranteed, I agree..... but if you have an old Kimi (worth 75+), then I'd expect to be able to open my own tickets for that server.

LawsHosting
20-08-2013, 13:15
Quote Originally Posted by marks
If you need to open a Level 2 incident ticket, do post in the "incident" section of the forum, with all the required logs.
So you'll be working over weekends then....... I think not.

And if you tell me the "community" could help with tasks.. Yeah, maybe little things like software, kernal, rescue pro, etc, but I'd be damned if I'd trust anyone with sensitive server details (no offence guys)

Tz-OVH
20-08-2013, 12:39
Quote Originally Posted by macole111
Thanks for that marks - I thought that all incidents would have to posted here also. No more monitoring.

It seems that the forums are for software issues that makes more sense anyway - the community can help with that.
Help, sure. But customers would have an expectation of staff answering them first and foremost - after all, even though they're paying a tiny amount, it comes with "forum support".

macole111
20-08-2013, 12:01
Thanks for that marks - I thought that all incidents would have to posted here also. No more monitoring.

It seems that the forums are for software issues that makes more sense anyway - the community can help with that.

marks
20-08-2013, 12:00
Unless a drive fails on a weekend in a Kimi, I know there's no SLA at all on Kimi's (which, IMHO, is wrong, hardware should be important), you're screwed. Unless of course you block pings, therefore a ticket will be generated...
So, yeah, I waited over 12 hours for a new drive for a 2010 Pro Kimi few months ago, and now all Kimi's are abided by the new support rules. Wrong IMHO
the Level 1 incidents will be taken into account as usual: no SLA but there will be someone sent automatically to check the server very quickly (2-3 hours or so).

And if you block the pings, but the server is not down, our engineers won't do much but to disable the monitoring system, as the reason why the server doesn't ping would be the firewall, not the broken drive.

If you need to open a Level 2 incident ticket, do post in the "incident" section of the forum, with all the required logs.

yonatan
20-08-2013, 11:56
Unless a drive fails on a weekend in a Kimi, I know there's no SLA at all on Kimi's (which, IMHO, is wrong, hardware should be important), you're screwed. Unless of course you block pings, therefore a ticket will be generated...
So, yeah, I waited over 12 hours for a new drive for a 2010 Pro Kimi few months ago, and now all Kimi's are abided by the new support rules. Wrong IMHO
from what i understand if you have to wait a long(er) time for a drive, it means there are no drives in the location your server is at, which match your drive model 100%.

does your drive happen to be 1.5TB size?, that's the only delay case i remember on this matter ( from old MG range which still works great)

Normally when i had to replace drives, it took under an hour, even one time took 16 minutes on the clock.

macole111
20-08-2013, 11:44
Surely it takes more staff to work our what on earth is going on with a forum that by email? Or is that just me?

Also as an existing Kimi customer, I have had no word that it is forum only - just on here. What about the thousands of customers who don't know that their server now is only supported here. You can't have people posting sensitive server details here on a public forum - I can understand this for the 3 quid servers, but not my 50 quid 2011 versions.

-macole111

Tz-OVH
20-08-2013, 11:14
Quote Originally Posted by AndrewNylon
I disagree. I think it's fine how it is now. No need for more mods, atleast for now.
You've just got the entire KS line of customer who can only get support on the forum. Basically every support ticket that was created for non-hardware related issues is now going to be a new thread here. Do you not foresee a need for more official forum personnel? I do...

Also keep in mind they've added near abouts what...50-75,000 new servers with these recent offers. Granted many are existing customers, doesn't take away from the fact that this place will get very busy soon.

LawsHosting
20-08-2013, 10:59
Quote Originally Posted by AndrewNylon
I disagree. I think it's fine how it is now. No need for more mods, atleast for now.

Mark1978
20-08-2013, 10:04
Agreed. 99% of the posts here have been people complaining about delivery times, and new threads from people who think their situation is ever so different.

It'll go back to being a few posts per day!

AndrewNylon
20-08-2013, 09:25
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
Considering the volume of users that are going to be posting here now that its their support area as well, it'd do them good to either appoint some community mods or hire some full/part-time support staff to respond to threads here.

Thelen
20-08-2013, 09:05
I think the posts of new people will go down, its mostly been *****ing about kimsufis and general lack of delivery. but i could be wrong, and in that case maybe community mods might help for some things :/

Tz-OVH
20-08-2013, 07:43
Considering the volume of users that are going to be posting here now that its their support area as well, it'd do them good to either appoint some community mods or hire some full/part-time support staff to respond to threads here.

Thelen
20-08-2013, 06:56
And Oles, don't forget him

jadrake
09-08-2013, 15:53
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showgroups.php

D3LL
09-08-2013, 14:23
Who are the Administrator and Moderators on this forum? Also what groups are there?

Just wondering?