OVH Community, your new community space.

Has anyone received their mSP (1G Switch) yet?

Jasgriff
19-08-2013, 17:33
Quote Originally Posted by loveorhate
https://twitter.com/olesovhcom/statu...58039188750336

Oles
‏@olesovhcom
@KloudberryLtd we don't deliver the servers with 100M any more. We are working to deliver all orders in 10-14 days.
Just speachless.

Someone should make another post with this in as there are many people waiting on this news.

loveorhate
19-08-2013, 15:48
https://twitter.com/olesovhcom/statu...58039188750336

Oles
‏@olesovhcom
@KloudberryLtd we don't deliver the servers with 100M any more. We are working to deliver all orders in 10-14 days.

theatheist
18-08-2013, 16:19
I'm starting to lose faith and get really annoyed now. All the ETA's have come and gone and not a single sign of the mSP's I have ordered apart from one that was sent 100Mb.

Now also delay in giving them to us as 100Mb judging from how long I and others have been waiting.

Gomjaba
18-08-2013, 15:10
I ordered the mSP as test for future (larger) orders. I don't care if it is cheap - You pay for a service with a delivery time. If the service is not delivered by the time advertised then this is bad business. If you go to a cheap corner garage for your MOT - would you expect it taking two weeks rather than two hours just because it is half the price?

Bottom line, I used to work in a hosting company where small customer turned into very lucrative customer.

In my case - OVH is out of the question for future orders and unless OVH wants to have additional costs for chargebacks, they better get their sh* together.

orion
18-08-2013, 04:23
Quote Originally Posted by crowarth
no problems bursting above 200Mbps here, had a consistent 500 yesterday whilst running a speedtest from proof.ovh.net
Thanks for that.thats sold me for the mSP then nice to know the download is not 200mb max makes it more worth while.

crowarth
18-08-2013, 02:49
Quote Originally Posted by orion
Whats is the status with the mSP`s now are people having them delivered as i am tempted on ordering one but not if its going to take weeks as i would rather wait hold on to the cash until the delivery times are 24-72 hours.Also what are the download speeds on the mSP`s are the burstable above 200mbps on the download ?.

I know they are 200mbs max on upload.
no problems bursting above 200Mbps here, had a consistent 500 yesterday whilst running a speedtest from proof.ovh.net

ExW
18-08-2013, 00:57
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
Crikey!

Which datacentre did you go for?

Really hoping I don't have to wait that long.
Datacentre France, Nord (RBX)

wii89
17-08-2013, 20:47
Hopefully OVH might learn something for the next 2014 range of servers.......

LinuxGam
17-08-2013, 20:43
I am buying this server as a test for my business going forward and actually, the delay doesn't matter. However, I will judge this based on might what happen if there is a serious issue.

The thing that drew me to OVH, was firstly their prices, but also, the automation. I don't want to phone you up with an issue unless the server has blown up. I want to do my own DNS, I want to re-image my own servers, fix my own boot problems etc.. I don't need a company to do that.

However, I do need a server to start

xxx

LinuxGam
17-08-2013, 20:07
Pretty much 19 days for me RBX.

All the fan boys that say when you get it, its worth the wait; I am sure you are correct. Stop moaning? Why? I wonder if you really deal with day to day deadlines?, 'cos this would not wash in most of the business's I have worked at in London, not even close.

The issue is, nowhere does it say, 72 hours but its cheap so we may not be able to deliver. If it did then fine, but it doesn't.

I think the biggest let down is not being able to give a "real" estimate on timescales, or keeping their customers directly abreast of whats happening.

Forget all your BS about it's a good deal, look at the advertising laws in the UK and actually the reason people buy from Amazon etc.. because they are reliable (And Cheap {I mean as a brand for purchasing most things, not AWS} )

Balsca
17-08-2013, 19:45
18 days now. Rbx here.

rickyday
17-08-2013, 18:13
Quote Originally Posted by ExW
Still waiting after 2 weeks, even enabled the option to deliver with 100mbit
Crikey!

Which datacentre did you go for?

Really hoping I don't have to wait that long.

ExW
17-08-2013, 17:59
Still waiting after 2 weeks, even enabled the option to deliver with 100mbit

orion
17-08-2013, 17:10
Whats is the status with the mSP`s now are people having them delivered as i am tempted on ordering one but not if its going to take weeks as i would rather wait hold on to the cash until the delivery times are 24-72 hours.Also what are the download speeds on the mSP`s are the burstable above 200mbps on the download ?.

I know they are 200mbs max on upload.

orion
17-08-2013, 17:03
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
Extra 10? Don't you mean an extra 3.

KS-24G - £29.99
mSP - £32.99

(I know you got to add VAT too)
Well £3.60p to be precise lol

theatheist
17-08-2013, 12:33
This has been the longest "72 hours" of my life.

village_i_diot
17-08-2013, 12:32
Quote Originally Posted by gjm
I am going to order a msp , but need it in bhs, but there is no choice of bhs when ordering anymore?
BHS is indeed showing up on the order form for mSP's, or was 10 minutes ago, I just wish it was there when I ordered mine on Monday.

Tz-OVH
17-08-2013, 10:56
Quote Originally Posted by orion
When i saw the 24G added on the website i was hoping that it would say its connected at 200mb which would of been a halfway point between the mSP.

I would rather pay the extra £10 and have the 4tb hard drive and 200mbit connection on the mSP.

Would of snapped that up in an instant.
Extra 10? Don't you mean an extra 3.

KS-24G - £29.99
mSP - £32.99

(I know you got to add VAT too)

gjm
16-08-2013, 21:32
Aha I see it now, but its 49.99 + vat at bhs!

gjm
16-08-2013, 21:23
I am going to order a msp , but need it in bhs, but there is no choice of bhs when ordering anymore?

Balsca
16-08-2013, 20:38
Ive got a 24g but paying 49.99 +VAT , thats why i want the mSP to hurry up

orion
16-08-2013, 19:42
You could always consider a Kimsufi 24G if it is suitable for your needs
When i saw the 24G added on the website i was hoping that it would say its connected at 200mb which would of been a halfway point between the mSP.

I would rather pay the extra £10 and have the 4tb hard drive and 200mbit connection on the mSP.

Would of snapped that up in an instant.

LawsHosting
16-08-2013, 16:21
Quote Originally Posted by Phixion
The 24G isn't worth the price in comparison to the mSP.
Maybe it's a ploy to get people to buy the mSP!!

Phixion
16-08-2013, 16:09
The 24G isn't worth the price in comparison to the mSP.

rickyday
16-08-2013, 12:39
You could always consider a Kimsufi 24G if it is suitable for your needs

nickb
16-08-2013, 12:29
am still awaiting

OrderNumber: 21534469
Date: 31-07-2013 12:30:36

wii89
16-08-2013, 11:28
still waiting for my sp mini

crowarth
16-08-2013, 09:53
it's definitely worth the wait.

just waiting on the kimsufi 2g now, in GRA.

theatheist
16-08-2013, 06:56
Damn, I wish I chose SBG now

Also been waiting since July 30.

LinuxGam
16-08-2013, 06:43
lucky for you, you chose SBG, I choose RBX and ordered first thing on the 30th July and still not a word about it :-( I see all these mails, flaming people that have moaned about their other server running out elsewhere and somehow it's their fault for not planning better??

However, if it says 72 hours from a large reputable company, you add in some leeway for issues, hardware problems, allsorts and luckily for me, I was quite generous with this risk aversion. However, do you really expect to still not have a confirmed date range over 17 days later?

I think the lack of certainty day to day is as frustrating as the wait

Hopefully today's the day :-)

crowarth
15-08-2013, 23:30
Recieved mine at 23:19 this evening, ordered on the 3rd of August late evening.

megaukhost
12-08-2013, 19:29
I am so bored and frustrated with waiting now I had to go out and buy some weed with the money I was saving for RIPE blocks I can only get 8 now.

If only I could blame my bad habits on my late server lol.

rickyday
12-08-2013, 17:24
Quote Originally Posted by megaukhost
lol if they turn't round and said look you can get your refund within 24 hours I would probably take it. Whats the point getting a refund when it can take as long as the server.

I am abit cheesed off for waiting but I am more cheesed off as I felt I been mislead.
I can totally understand, I am just looking at this from a purely selfish view now as my order date is approaching when I want my servers lol.

Again all I can say is stick with OVH and once people get their servers, they will see they are worth the wait

I do agree that OVH could have handled the communication for this much much better, I expect/hope Oles agrees and has learnt something from this whole affair, because to not learn anything from this would be a real shame...

Trapper
12-08-2013, 16:59
Does anyone know if the mSP "waiting for switches" issue will also affect SP-Best-Of (Ordered yesterday)

~Trap

megaukhost
12-08-2013, 16:42
lol if they turn't round and said look you can get your refund within 24 hours I would probably take it. Whats the point getting a refund when it can take as long as the server.

I am abit cheesed off for waiting but I am more cheesed off as I felt I been mislead.

rickyday
12-08-2013, 16:40
Yeah you cannot fault OVH for nothing but this I just had a massive go on the phone. No apology and no answer to my question. Why did it say 24H? laziness? incompetence or a misleading selling tactic?

When I phone up last week the said I can wait days for a refund so I thought I wait it out. I don't know to get a refund or wait for the server cause they tell you jack ****.

They said it was 24 hour setup then it was saturday or Sunday when I asked Oles last night it be 48 hour max as he said that my server was in Bench and this morning they telling me it can be at the end of the week.

Like a wild bloody goose chase just to find out information on something you paid for. O yeah they said the delivery time is not a guarantee which I can understand am sure we are all abit technical on this forum and we know things can go wrong. However they knew about the backlog for weeks and it states "delivery time" not estimated delivery time not time build but DELIVERY TIME. I had enough of them using it as an excuse as its misleading whatever way u cut it.
I cannot understand if you are soo cheesed off about the whole situation why you just wouldn't cancel your order/s and get a refund, people have posted cancellation requests on here and they have been dealt with, see Sophies posts earlier today.

In fact everyone that is not happy please cancel your orders ASAP please as I have 4 servers to order on Thursday and would like them as soon as possible!!

megaukhost
12-08-2013, 16:03
Yeah you cannot fault OVH for nothing but this I just had a massive go on the phone. No apology and no answer to my question. Why did it say 24H? laziness? incompetence or a misleading selling tactic?

When I phone up last week the said I can wait days for a refund so I thought I wait it out. I don't know to get a refund or wait for the server cause they tell you jack ****.

They said it was 24 hour setup then it was saturday or Sunday when I asked Oles last night it be 48 hour max as he said that my server was in Bench and this morning they telling me it can be at the end of the week.

Like a wild bloody goose chase just to find out information on something you paid for. O yeah they said the delivery time is not a guarantee which I can understand am sure we are all abit technical on this forum and we know things can go wrong. However they knew about the backlog for weeks and it states "delivery time" not estimated delivery time not time build but DELIVERY TIME. I had enough of them using it as an excuse as its misleading whatever way u cut it.

nickb
12-08-2013, 16:02
ORDER 21534469 - Ordered the 31st July still awaiting

szisti
12-08-2013, 15:45
am so pissed off I wont get mine til end of the week. OVH takes no responsibility for misleading customers and banging out the crappy KS range more then professional servers.

I do love OVH but i feel like they have misled us and let us down and then piss on us from a great height by not apologizing. I am even tempted to say bugger it go else where pay more and I never thought I do that.
Sadly i have worse experience on other places
Like power cut and not announced server moves overnight which resulted servers being unreachable for 9 hours without any warning or anything
(talking about 20 servers)
all production used!

So waiting to get them, and once I have them use them without issues, it's not that bad
At least they don't charge us £100 for setup as back in the days I do remember paying that much a couple of years ago to get my KS

megaukhost
12-08-2013, 15:40
am so pissed off I wont get mine til end of the week. OVH takes no responsibility for misleading customers and banging out the crappy KS range more then professional servers.

I do love OVH but i feel like they have misled us and let us down and then piss on us from a great height by not apologizing. I am even tempted to say bugger it go else where pay more and I never thought I do that. I didn't even want SBG I wanted RBX but only went with SBG cause it said 24 hour setup.

Phixion
12-08-2013, 15:37
Ordered 26th July RBX.

My tweet to Oles did nothing as I did not want my server on 100Mbps... I had a feeling that if that happened I'd end up fighting to get it onto a 1Gbps switch.

szisti
12-08-2013, 15:36
Quote Originally Posted by Phixion
Finally delivered today at 11am.

Order # 2148****
Can you please tell us which DC and what date you ordered?

LinuxGam
12-08-2013, 14:12
Maybe I should tweet Ole!! My is not a huge jump from that number and obv all the orders arn't mSP's, hopefully mine should be soon :-)

crowarth
12-08-2013, 14:00
Looks like they're trickling through - still waiting for mine though

Phixion
12-08-2013, 13:54
Finally delivered today at 11am.

Order # 2148****

Phixion
12-08-2013, 02:28
Oles tweeted me finally - He said that they are waiting on switches still.

megaukhost
11-08-2013, 23:00
Am waiting for a mSP in SBG probs noticed from the other threads o :P

JaiRagwani
11-08-2013, 21:27
Waiting for my 1 in RBX

theatheist
11-08-2013, 21:02
Quote Originally Posted by crowarth
still waiting for my mSP in SBG, and 2G in GRA
Still waiting for 5 in RBX

rickyday
11-08-2013, 19:29
Quote Originally Posted by KingJ
Pings are 19ms from my home FTTC connection to my mSP in GRA, versus around 24ms to my old Kimsufi 4G in RBX. Other than that, just been trying to get ESXi 5.1 playing nicely so nothing further to report yet
Enjoy it!

Once you get a OVH server they are pretty rock solid unless you are unlucky and have a hardware fault and the network performance is pretty damn good now!

RBX 3 8G Kimi maxes out my 125Mb Virgin Media connection.

GRA speed tests seem great for me as well, lower ping and latency, so might order my mSP to be located in GRA next week.

crowarth
11-08-2013, 19:16
still waiting for my mSP in SBG, and 2G in GRA

KingJ
11-08-2013, 17:09
Very good to hear

Datacentre performance good @ GRA?
Pings are 19ms from my home FTTC connection to my mSP in GRA, versus around 24ms to my old Kimsufi 4G in RBX. Other than that, just been trying to get ESXi 5.1 playing nicely so nothing further to report yet

rickyday
11-08-2013, 16:17
I wasn't calling you a kid btw, apologies if you thought I was :-) we all have different experiences with OVH and of course if you aren't receiving that support then its not acceptable, i can only offer my experience of when I had a Pro server, and thankfully that was good.

Yes i am an old fart! Bet im one of the oaps of the forum lol

And apologies for going off topic everyone

gjm
11-08-2013, 15:48
I am no kid and expect I am older than both of you. I have lots of other servers and yes I am waiting for a kimsufi 2g as well as another, I am not saying the pro users are not important, what I am saying is, no matter if its a kimsufi or pro customer, ovh should do them in order of when they were ordered subject to hardware availability of course. What you guys don't seem to realise is, with the 2.49 kimsufi, ovh probably picked up lots of new customers, and those customers will probably upgrade sooner or later if they get good service.

And at the end of the day, new customers is what ovh is after.

Also to add, I am not saying kimsufi should get telephone support, I was saying as I have pro servers, and have a issue that has been ongoing for 5-6 months that is still not sorted, professional services is not quite up to the level you would expect from my experience.

megaukhost
11-08-2013, 14:01
I agree and thats what the kimsufi is all about, why do you think they are so cheap.

Saying that if kimsufi still done RIPE blocks i would of got 3 16Gs instead lol.

rickyday
11-08-2013, 13:56
So what you are saying is then GJM, if you were running your business, you would glady spend 30mins talking to a customer that is spending £2.50 a month clogging up the telephone support line, when there is a customer that has been with OVH for 5 years and has £10k of servers with OVH that has an issue and is being kept on hold trying to obtain support.

My point is about no telephone support with Kimi which is completely how it should be, telephone support is for your "premium" customers, not a kid with a Kimi 2G moaning about where his order is and preventing professional server customers getting through.

Because that IS what has been happening, there are only a handful of support afaik in the London office to answer the calls and Kimi customers CANNOT and MUST NOT prevent Pro server customers receiving the support they deserve.

megaukhost
11-08-2013, 13:47
Yeah I was gonna pay it when I get my RIPE IPs then I thought of that so I paid it off.

There don't seem many people to be getting mSPs I know a guy that ordered 2 weeks ago at SBG and he still hasn't got his >.<

gjm
11-08-2013, 13:47
And it shouldn't matter who has ordered what, everyone is a paying customers, and lots of kimi people maybe new customers which is what ovh are likely looking for, so in no way should they take 4g or pro servers over 2g deployment , it should be first come first served, as long as the hardware is available.

gjm
11-08-2013, 13:44
I have a 'pro' server and have a long running issue that ovh support have been notified of and not helping.. so I would honestly say from my experiences, the pro option is worthless, stick to a kimi lol

rickyday
11-08-2013, 13:38
They seem to banging out KS 2GBs today according to his twitter as well. Will be annoying if we don't get our mSPs today because of that.
Have you cleared your OVH slate yet?

Would be a shame not to receive your server over an £8 debt!

Otherwise you might be waiting longer than you thought

and this is no way a pop at you, I am in fact just concerned that if you do have a debt with OVH it could impact the deployment of your server.........and I don't want anyone to wait any longer than they have to, you've all waited long enough already.

rickyday
11-08-2013, 13:35
They seem to banging out KS 2GBs today according to his twitter as well. Will be annoying if we don't get our mSPs today because of that.

I highly doubt the rollout of Kimi 2G el cheapo servers would disrupt or affect the rollout out of professional servers.

In fact it would be the complete opposite, OVH look after their professional server customers and prioritise them over £2.50 server customers

I will be dumping my 2 kimi servers and replacing them with a professional one next week, the support is just much much better when you are a Pro server customer from my past experiences, which is exactly how it SHOULD be!

Also the no telephone support for Kimi servers is an absolute must, imagine if you were a pro server customer, SP, EG or HG for instance and the support lines were clogged up with 2G kimi users, that would be totally unacceptable.

gjm
11-08-2013, 12:33
I hope I get my 2g today then!

megaukhost
11-08-2013, 12:25

rickyday
11-08-2013, 11:56
Quote Originally Posted by KingJ
Received my mSP in GRA late last night.
Very good to hear

Datacentre performance good @ GRA?

KingJ
11-08-2013, 11:55
Received my mSP in GRA late last night.

theatheist
11-08-2013, 11:11
Well Oles said SBG mSPs be done by end of today max so I would of thought alot of people receive them already.
He also said 80% would be done by Friday.

megaukhost
11-08-2013, 10:42
Well Oles said SBG mSPs be done by end of today max so I would of thought alot of people receive them already.

JaiRagwani
11-08-2013, 09:47
Looks like another few days wait for me too...

theatheist
11-08-2013, 08:47
Still no mSP's

megaukhost
11-08-2013, 00:34
if you aint got yours then I can't see me getting mine any time soon >.<

Phixion
11-08-2013, 00:31
Well, I tried...

@olesovhcom J'ai commandé mSP 26 Juillet dans #RBX, numéro de commande 2148****. Est-il être livré prochainement?

Probably makes no sense, but he's ignoring my English tweets anyway

megaukhost
11-08-2013, 00:30
Maybe his not very good at English I mean I am an Englishman and I am not very good at it. He has tweeted saying they will be delivered Saturday night if not Sunday max. There also working threw the night so fingers crossed we might be lucky and get an email soon.

Phixion
11-08-2013, 00:24
Getting very irritated with this now.

I've tweeted Oles numerous times but it seems he only replies to fellow countrymen.

Maybe I should learn French?

megaukhost
10-08-2013, 22:48
Then tomorrow again I assumed you would of had by now as they said RBX at end of the week and SBG Sunday. I have my fingers crossed for you buddy and for my self lol.

Phixion
10-08-2013, 22:46
RBX here.

megaukhost
10-08-2013, 22:42
If you ordered at SBG tomorrow they said the servers will be delivered.

Phixion
10-08-2013, 21:35
16 days and counting, 80% promised on Friday... still nothing... Saturday almost over.

#justsayin'

theatheist
10-08-2013, 19:08
Quote Originally Posted by JaiRagwani
Neither, been a week now for me
10 days for me. Hopefully have them tomorrow.

JaiRagwani
10-08-2013, 18:25
Neither, been a week now for me

Phixion
10-08-2013, 18:17
Still nothing here.

szisti
10-08-2013, 08:04
Congrats Matt
Hopefully not too long for the rest of us ..
I expect mine around Wednesday but will see

MattGarner
10-08-2013, 07:40
Quote Originally Posted by theatheist
Cool, When did you order? and just to check, you ordered the mSP and it has 1Gbps switch?
mSP with 1Gbps switch according to the OVH Manager and I ordered on the 25th

theatheist
10-08-2013, 07:20
Quote Originally Posted by MattGarner
Got an email at around 3:28am with the server details. Thanks OVH!
Cool, When did you order? and just to check, you ordered the mSP and it has 1Gbps switch?

MattGarner
10-08-2013, 05:43
Got an email at around 3:28am with the server details. Thanks OVH!

megaukhost
09-08-2013, 22:44
I just don't think OVH understand why people are pissed off. Its not the fact its taken so long its the fact they mislead people on the delivery time no matter how u cut it. They knew from last month about this backlog but there was still 24 hour wait times on the website. Then for some reason think we are in the wrong for being inpatient.

I really do like OVH they do the bare minimum at the same time giving us the best to cut costs and then pass that onto the customer not many people do that and would prefer to pocket it. However telling people 24 hour waiting times knowing you had a backlog over a week ago is just silly.

ctype_alnum
09-08-2013, 22:37
I'd put money on you not getting it.

megaukhost
09-08-2013, 22:33
I know alot people been waiting longer then me but if I don't get mine by monday I am gonna be pissed. As this means the website just hasn't misled us but the MD of OVH has also.

szisti
09-08-2013, 20:25
Oles ‏@olesovhcom 1:58 AM - 7 Aug 13
#OVH 7 August. #SP: at #SBG will be delivered Sunday, at #RBX the orders < 30 July will be delivered before the end of the week.
I think this means that if you ordered before the 30th, you will get it this week
they work 24x7
so I would guess you will get sunday or so

Me .. maybe middle next week / end next week, as i've only ordered on the 4th

theatheist
09-08-2013, 18:37
I have about 3 mSP on order from 30July and not had anything yet.

Phixion
09-08-2013, 18:37
Yep, but no news from them all day regarding this.

I hope they are still working at the DCs...

macole111
09-08-2013, 18:33
They'll have gone home now.

You might see them Monday morning - the UK office is only standard office hours.

-macole111

Phixion
09-08-2013, 18:00
Sooooo... any news admins?

MattGarner
09-08-2013, 17:52
Ordered on the 25th and heard nothing so far. Fingers crosses it's soon! :P

JaiRagwani
09-08-2013, 17:12
Same, I just hope that they come soon because my old 2012 range server has expired already and the 100gb or so is stored on my pc.. I have to download and upload it

LinuxGam
09-08-2013, 17:07
Mine is 2151**** and not heard a squeak about it, I have been checking my mail like a mad man today, hoping it would be today.

JaiRagwani
09-08-2013, 16:52
I've tried messaging but no reply, but in his latest tweets if you ordered before the 30th July it should arrive today, and someone in another post said that the rest will be delivered on Sunday. I haven't had mine delivered yet, but I only ordered 6 days ago.
My order is in the 2180 range, a lot behind!

Phixion
09-08-2013, 16:48
Oles said that 80% of mSP's would be delivered by today once the 1G switches are installed.

I am still yet to receive mine, I'm wondering whether anyone out there has actually had theirs delivered yet with the promised speed - if so which order #?

Order # 2148****

I have tweeted Oles and haven't had a reply yet.