OVH Community, your new community space.

Are the switch replacements still ongoing?

csc2ya
05-09-2013, 22:08
The order was placed on the 3rd of August, and delivered on the 8th after I requested it on a 100MB connection.

Server is in rack 08E02 in RBX1

theatheist
05-09-2013, 18:20
Quote Originally Posted by csc2ya
My server has now been upgraded to 1GBit, and from speed tests I've done, it appears to exceed 200MB for both upload and download. Very happy

Can you tell us when your order was placed/validated please bud?

Or maybe the rack number aswell?

csc2ya
05-09-2013, 00:21
My server has now been upgraded to 1GBit, and from speed tests I've done, it appears to exceed 200MB for both upload and download. Very happy

csc2ya
23-08-2013, 11:02
I wasn't going to respond to that last post by you, raxxeh, but looking over some of your own posts asking for updates on things, or moaning, I think I will.

Firstly, we're not complaining. We merely want an update from OVH (that's the reason I started this thread (to find out what's going on from the horses mouth, so to speak)).

Secondly, when the manager starts saying one thing, and the server says another, that makes me think something has gone wrong, or OVH have forgotten to actually move the cable into the new switch.

Lastly, the last thing I can find on the status page mentioning switch upgrades has been completely closed for over a week. I think we are within our rights to ask for an update on what's going on.

As I say, I looked over some of your posts, and found some where you're asking for updates. Should I reply to each one of those saying
Quote Originally Posted by raxxeh
Stop complaining.
No, because that would be petty, and you're entitled to ask, as are the rest of us.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, then please stay out of my thread.

raxxeh
23-08-2013, 02:08
You guys selected 100mbit.

I hope OVH are going to deliver the orders that aren't even delivered yet, before you get gigaibt.

Stop complaining.

jtreal
23-08-2013, 00:01
Don't even have my mSP yet so keep waiting...

rickyday
22-08-2013, 16:38
Quote Originally Posted by geoffreyc
It doesn't even look like there is a lot of mSP being delivered, so I'm assuming they are still waiting on switches?
I would be quite happy being put on a 100Mbps switch, but Oles has tweeted that wont be happening anymore which is a shame to even the people that modified it within manager.

rickyday
22-08-2013, 16:37
Copy and paste from a ticket I opened with commercial almost 2 days ago now, which has not had an answer yet:

'The reason I ask, is that there seems to have been no more updates regarding them, and my minisp server is still on a 100MB connection according to both the OS and the manager.'

Just wanted to find out if mine had maybe been missed.
The priority will be to get all the mSP orders deployed first, not upgrading people onto 1Gbps who are currently on 100Mbps.

That will be last on the list as there are still 100s of customers waiting for a mSP in Roubaix.

You are a lucky person indeed having a mSP even @ 100Mbps

geoffreyc
22-08-2013, 16:33
It doesn't even look like there is a lot of mSP being delivered, so I'm assuming they are still waiting on switches?

RogEnk
22-08-2013, 16:26
Good to know i'm not the only one.

For some reason I've got visions of several servers (mine included) in some dark corner of RBX1, still connected to a forgotten 100Mbit switch, and only ever visited by the tech's if they stop responding to pings (they were pretty quick to boot it into rescue mode when I tried to force it to 1Gbit, and they're quick to turn it back on if I shut it down)
I get that feeling too.

I discovered the option to turn monitoring off the other day, in v5 of the manager. Quite handy to keep those pesky hyperactive techs off the box when you are rebooting or rebuilding!

csc2ya
22-08-2013, 14:39
Good to know i'm not the only one.

For some reason I've got visions of several servers (mine included) in some dark corner of RBX1, still connected to a forgotten 100Mbit switch, and only ever visited by the tech's if they stop responding to pings (they were pretty quick to boot it into rescue mode when I tried to force it to 1Gbit, and they're quick to turn it back on if I shut it down)

RogEnk
22-08-2013, 14:14
Any update to this from any OVH staff? The manager shows 1GB for my server, yet according to windows, it is still at 100MB:

http://winserv.csc2ya.co.uk/ovhmanager.png
http://winserv.csc2ya.co.uk/networkconnection.png

Speedtest result is also in my signature, and this points to it still being on a 100MB connection, despite the manager saying otherwise.

I have (rather stupidly) tried setting it to 1GB manually (don't try this unless you've got a KVM by the way), and instantly lost connection to the server, and had to do a reinstall to get it online again (the tech's weren't willing to edit the registry to put it back on auto negotiate, and winrescue mode didn't show the registry hive that needed changing).
Ouch!
On Linux it is relatively easy to script changes like this, with an auto fall back after a set period of time. You run script, get a DC and if the config loads ok you reconnect and can break out of the script. If config is bad and you are unable to reconnect script continues and auto falls back the change, and restores connectivity.

You can do similar with Windows by scripting the registry changes, or even use run once to roll back by restoring a backup of the known working config.
Would require a restart via manager, but got to be easier than rebuilding!

Damn.
Meant to say for a while my manager showed 200Mb up/down but the switches had not been upgraded, they have since corrected the manager view. And I await switch upgrade.

csc2ya
22-08-2013, 12:01
Any update to this from any OVH staff? The manager shows 1GB for my server, yet according to windows, it is still at 100MB:

http://winserv.csc2ya.co.uk/ovhmanager.png
http://winserv.csc2ya.co.uk/networkconnection.png

Speedtest result is also in my signature, and this points to it still being on a 100MB connection, despite the manager saying otherwise.

I have (rather stupidly) tried setting it to 1GB manually (don't try this unless you've got a KVM by the way), and instantly lost connection to the server, and had to do a reinstall to get it online again (the tech's weren't willing to edit the registry to put it back on auto negotiate, and winrescue mode didn't show the registry hive that needed changing).

theatheist
13-08-2013, 04:35
Copy and paste from a ticket I opened with commercial almost 2 days ago now, which has not had an answer yet:

'The reason I ask, is that there seems to have been no more updates regarding them, and my minisp server is still on a 100MB connection according to both the OS and the manager.'

No its not been missed. I had 6 on order, Only one has been delivered and that is because I asked for it with temp 100Mb line.

csc2ya
13-08-2013, 00:25