OVH Community, your new community space.

Bad Practice.

jadrake
15-08-2013, 14:33
Yep. You're right. Assumptions are what get everyone into trouble! Very often, facts are hidden behind all sorts of appearances, comments and general opinions. If I have made incorrect assumptions re:megaukhost, I apologise.

I've also tried to keep my mouth shut about waiting for the servers I've ordered. As mentioned by many others, for 3 per month, you really can't make much fuss, can you? And, of course, if you don't like it, there are PLENTY of other hosting and server companies available. (Unfortunately, none that appear to be offering 3 servers!)

Still, it does seem to be a reasonably friendly forum to chat to other like-minded individuals. I'm hoping to learn some stuff along the way!

theatheist
15-08-2013, 13:53
Quote Originally Posted by jadrake
Looks like he's currently banned from the forum. At least that's what it says below his username.

I also took a look at his site - seems like he's reselling Kimi 2Gs at 1000% markup! 29 per month. Unfortunately, OVH specifically state that they're not for resale.
Or could be the old "mini K2G" and not the new "K2G". He also has one of the old K8G's listed. If so both are fine for reselling.

Either way you can only have 3 per customer for new K2G so he wont be able to resell them anyway.

gjm
15-08-2013, 13:35
Quote Originally Posted by jadrake
Looks like he's currently banned from the forum. At least that's what it says below his username.

I also took a look at his site - seems like he's reselling Kimi 2Gs at 1000% markup! 29 per month. Unfortunately, OVH specifically state that they're not for resale.
Thats what I noticed and also says fast support... how as if direct people can't, how can he if its a ovh issue?

jadrake
15-08-2013, 13:21

Jasgriff
15-08-2013, 13:05
Looks that way when you look at his site.

gjm
15-08-2013, 12:57
Was megahost one of these resellers we heard about as I just looked at his site and can see possible kimsufi's for sale?

theatheist
15-08-2013, 12:43
Probably have a huge amount of tickets to get through. Which is one of the reasons why KS users cant create them anymore.

Its a shame they stopped them for all KS and not just. the new ones though.

megaukhost
14-08-2013, 11:26
I have slept on it now and calmed down abit. Just frustrating you pay for a pro server and they wont answer you back.

Fair enough if they dont know anything but please tell us that then leave me thinking we are being ignored.

rickyday
14-08-2013, 10:05
Quote Originally Posted by ctype_alnum
2. "Just sit tight sugarplum" - He is already agitated and that comment is not going to help anyone.
ok Sugarplum

I do feel megahost's pain and frustration, I really do.

Hope you get what your ordered VERY soon megahost!

cartwright118
13-08-2013, 22:34
Quote Originally Posted by Jasgriff
There is a consequence to us opening more threads!

We don't know what bandwidth limit the forum has. We could end up breaching the fair usage policy and taking the forum offline for the rest of the month
Don't put that idea on the table!

Jasgriff
13-08-2013, 22:16
There is a consequence to us opening more threads!

We don't know what bandwidth limit the forum has. We could end up breaching the fair usage policy and taking the forum offline for the rest of the month

JakeMS
13-08-2013, 22:16
megaukhost,

It has been brought to my attention that you have an uneven number of threads about the same topic, as such I would like to kindly request that you make an extra thread to ensure the number is even again thus creating 10 threads instead of the current odd number of threads 9.

Kind Regards,
Jake .

cartwright118
13-08-2013, 22:11
Quote Originally Posted by ctype_alnum
2. "Just sit tight sugarplum" - He is already agitated and that comment is not going to help anyone.
The way he is speaking he can't possibly be more p!ssed off. Easier to pass it off with a light hearted comment - He probably should sit tight though, as I think he gets a nervous twitch and decides to add yet another thread to his 9+ (and encounting)

All in jest, of course

ctype_alnum
13-08-2013, 22:05
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
If anything megahost this sort of behaviour could have a detrimental effect on your order deployment time rather than helping matters.

Just sit tight sugarplum.
1. "a detrimental effect" - No the company should remain professional at all times.

rickyday
13-08-2013, 20:51
If anything megahost this sort of behaviour could have a detrimental effect on your order deployment time rather than helping matters.

Just sit tight sugarplum.

Phixion
13-08-2013, 20:35
The thing is though, the availability on the website has been wrong since OVH launched.

I know you are frustrated - as was I before I got my server, but just wait and you will get your server(s).

I agree that OVH should have handled this better, there's been a distinct lack of admins on here the last few days.

Jasgriff
13-08-2013, 19:53
Your right avizeke,

It is very difficult not to act like a child

megaukhost
13-08-2013, 19:45
I would bet that he is fed up of sitting on his twitter all night getting moaned at ha

Not many CEO's would be doing what he is doing if they c0cked up
Your right I guess we have to at least give him that. Even if his pumping out lies (i might get my server tonight and could be the guy on the phone that lied)

If thats the case I will be man enough to apologize

avizeke
13-08-2013, 19:45
I would bet that he is fed up of sitting on his twitter all night getting moaned at ha

who we foolin, he is on minecraft, he doesn't wanna entertain peeps on twitter.

avizeke
13-08-2013, 19:44
No one disputes what they are trying to do however there is no excuse for them being realistic and keeping us informed.

Why should companies not strive to deliver great customer service at a great price?
Every company goes through crap from time to time, but these changes displays there weaknesses and in time they will change that am sure. but right now, customers come first, they am sure are trying to get the orders out firstly, then they will re evaluate how that could of been avoided.

Being misinformed, is borderline, and there website is inconsistent, some of that I do agree with, but where do you think you will get by flaming on there forums over and over.

During the new SP range, bare in mind they where dealing with the KS reseller issue as well. We can all rage,gets us no where though. Anyone would think this is a forum for kiddies complaining about not getting there happy meals at mc donnalds.

Jasgriff
13-08-2013, 19:41
Quote Originally Posted by avizeke
well it wouldn't be fun otherwise

oles is kickin back laughin xD

avizeke
13-08-2013, 19:39
well it wouldn't be fun otherwise

oles is kickin back laughin xD

megaukhost
13-08-2013, 19:37
Its the fact that they have lied as well, from what Oles said my server should be ready today and now I am being told they dont have the hardware.

There is no reason to blow smoke up peoples (_!_)

Jasgriff
13-08-2013, 19:35
Quote Originally Posted by avizeke
stop your whining, everyone whines, even I did last week, clearly what they did with the product is not expect the amount of business that has actually happened, we cant blame ovh for giving us what we want what no other company can. We all should really be applauding them.

If you have to wait and in the process moan about it then get a refund and go somewhere else, and pay the premium for that. You will only find yourself coming back to OVH anyway, when they do have it in stock.

All they are trying to do is improve there service and inbetween that if it discomforts you whilst they are in the transition of improving there services then too bad, you cant have everything.

took me 7 days to get my server, and now am really happy about what I have, am happy because of what OVH do and provide. Its consistant !

imagine what it would be like if they did the SPMINI server at 25 euros a month. then there would of been even more orders
No one disputes what they are trying to do however there is no excuse for them being realistic and keeping us informed.

Why should companies not strive to deliver great customer service at a great price?

megaukhost
13-08-2013, 19:33
Your moaning at me eve known you moaned last week (hippocrit springs to mind) and I have to keep repeating my self cause u all say the same thing.

REFUNDS CAN TAKE UP TO 30 DAYS IF THATS THE CASE JUST AS WELL WAIT FOR THE SERVER!!!

avizeke
13-08-2013, 19:30
stop your whining, everyone whines, even I did last week, clearly what they did with the product is not expect the amount of business that has actually happened, we cant blame ovh for giving us what we want what no other company can. We all should really be applauding them.

If you have to wait and in the process moan about it then get a refund and go somewhere else, and pay the premium for that. You will only find yourself coming back to OVH anyway, when they do have it in stock.

All they are trying to do is improve there service and inbetween that if it discomforts you whilst they are in the transition of improving there services then too bad, you cant have everything.

took me 7 days to get my server, and now am really happy about what I have, am happy because of what OVH do and provide. Its consistant !

imagine what it would be like if they did the SPMINI server at 25 euros a month. then there would of been even more orders

megaukhost
13-08-2013, 19:27
Why people complaining about me complaining if you dont like it don't click on the thread :S they seem more interested in stupid kimsufi the mSPs thats why I am posting everywhere.

village_i_diot
13-08-2013, 18:56
Quote Originally Posted by megaukhost
I love OVH hardware and network pay double the price else where. You guys need to understand I am not moaning about OVH as a business their service is fantastic.

But no one should get away of misleading customers. Some people haven't spent a poxy 3 some of us paid a lot more for professional servers.

There is no reason to bull**** people and its bad whatever way u look at it.
you are correct but posting so much on the forum isn't going to get you any better or faster replies.

megaukhost
13-08-2013, 18:37
I love OVH hardware and network pay double the price else where. You guys need to understand I am not moaning about OVH as a business their service is fantastic.

But no one should get away of misleading customers. Some people haven't spent a poxy 3 some of us paid a lot more for professional servers.

There is no reason to bull**** people and its bad whatever way u look at it.

ctype_alnum
13-08-2013, 18:34
I suggest you take your business elsewhere. Sure you'll have to pay a premium but there is a reason for that.

wii89
13-08-2013, 18:29
everyone needs to just wait and stop making new posts for the same topic!

Myatu
13-08-2013, 18:01
Right, so you were "told".

I can understand you're upset when you had thought you would get it within a certain period of time, but haven't. However, making what appears to be a factual statement is a quite significant difference to expressing your personal opinion.

megaukhost
13-08-2013, 17:34
I was told on the phone by OVH staff and I cannot see why they would wanna piss me off even more by lieing to me like that as you can see I can be annoying little twit when I am pissed off. If I get my server today and the guy on phone lied to me I put a dedicated thread apologizing which is something you never see OVH do.

Myatu
13-08-2013, 17:31
How is hearsay
Have you directly witnessed that the hardware is in fact available or not? Or is this all based on "someone told me"?

megaukhost
13-08-2013, 17:00

And today as I phoned there telling me they haven't even got my hardware for my server in stock. If that is not lieing what the hell is?

megaukhost
13-08-2013, 16:54
How is hearsay I got twits and emails saying my server is in bench now telling me they havent got the hardware when I ordered it said 24 hour delivery time.

They said its not misleading as thats the time for production of the server but it doesn't say that it says DELIVERY TIME!!!

Myatu
13-08-2013, 16:46
They been misleading people on availability all week saying they got hardware and its in bench and they haven't.
Hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by alex
Yes, they do mislead and they can't admit - it's French customer service for you, I had plenty of experience with them.
Slander.

alex
13-08-2013, 16:14
They been misleading people on availability all week saying they got hardware and its in bench and they haven't. I cannot decide to get a refund or wait for server as they both can take the same amount of time.
Yes, they do mislead and they can't admit - it's French customer service for you, I had plenty of experience with them.

You better of to wait and you will eventually get your server.

megaukhost
13-08-2013, 15:57
Misleading actions and omissions

Misleading acts and omissions are unfair commercial practices. In each case, the action or omission must cause or be likely to cause the average consumer to take a different decision.

A misleading action contains false information or in some way deceives (or is likely to deceive) the average customer. Examples include:

providing misleading information about the main characteristics, availability or origin of a product, or false information about the trader himself (e.g. qualifications or awards);

Source: www.out-law.com

They been misleading people on availability all week saying they got hardware and its in bench and they haven't. I cannot decide to get a refund or wait for server as they both can take the same amount of time.

You think its ok for the 2nd largest server provider in the world cannot even apologize for these bad practices.