OVH Community, your new community space.

Will asking for mSP on MBit speed order up?

LinuxGam
15-08-2013, 14:48
I'd quite like a rough estimate of times, only because they apparently got all orders for SP's made before the 30th July done by the end of last week, yet I am still waiting for mine which was made first thing in the morning on the 30th July.

I am not saying I should have made that last batch, but if they were all done, how much further down the SP queue can I be?

Corobo
15-08-2013, 14:39
Quote Originally Posted by FrenchTart
I've created a ticket asking for this to be done but as I'm a bit paranoid I would like a message from OVH to confirm that they will switch us to 200mbit once the backlog is clear. Here's hoping I can get the new server sooner rather than later and don't have to stick with Hetzner for another month...

Edit: Actually, I re-checked the wording in the manager where you can modify this and it's fairly clear that we'll get switched over to our proper speed. Away we go I guess...
From the text that pops up when you go to change this setting:

"Once 1 Gbps connectivity becomes available in your server rack, it will automatically move up to 1 Gbps, without you having to take action. "

Edit: Wow I was completely blind to that edit.. I'm gonna go get my eyes checked while I wait for the mSP to arrive..

Balsca
15-08-2013, 11:08
I had an icon asking me if i wanted to change to 100mbit on my invoice. selected yes there instead of raising a ticket. hopefully it will work.

FrenchTart
15-08-2013, 10:51
I've created a ticket asking for this to be done but as I'm a bit paranoid I would like a message from OVH to confirm that they will switch us to 200mbit once the backlog is clear. Here's hoping I can get the new server sooner rather than later and don't have to stick with Hetzner for another month...

Edit: Actually, I re-checked the wording in the manager where you can modify this and it's fairly clear that we'll get switched over to our proper speed. Away we go I guess...

village_i_diot
15-08-2013, 10:43
Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
I changed my SP Best of in RBX and it came though within 90 minutes...

Not sure about GRA..

~Trap
WOW, I changed my mSP in RBX just before you posted yesterday that you had and still nothing. My order was only placed beginning of the week though so probably at the back of the queue

Quote Originally Posted by Balsca
Went for the 100mbit. Been 12.5 hours now but they prolly dont do anything at night.
Hopefully comes today but you never know.
Would be nice if it happens

Balsca
15-08-2013, 10:36
Ordered it in july. Hoping it will be quickish but we'll see

skegyuk
15-08-2013, 10:03
Hi,

Just spoke to OVH, 100MBiT server should be around 24/48 hours. SBG and RBX have the same delivery times roughly.

Danny

Balsca
15-08-2013, 10:01
Went for the 100mbit. Been 12.5 hours now but they prolly dont do anything at night.
Hopefully comes today but you never know.

rickyday
15-08-2013, 09:25
You wont get any deployment time from OVH.

theatheist
15-08-2013, 08:53
Quote Originally Posted by raxxeh
Will doing this affect the 1000/200 later down the track?

I kind of want to do this for one I have on order for a friend - but I will not do it if it comes with risk of not being upgraded to 1000/200 in order of order number (ie, will get switched to 1000/200 before others who ordered 2 weeks later get 1000/200)

I too would like clarification on this.

I already have a 100Mb mSP but would also like the others early if there would be no future complications/delays in switching to 1Gb.

Could somebody from OVH please clarify if it would cause further delay or not?

[edit]

Don't think it should cause any delays as the modify option states that as soon as switch is ready for rack it will be auto upgraded so its not on a server to server basis its on a rack to rack so us modifying shouldn't cause any further delays.

Would still like to have some sort of idea how long more its going to take. Oles mentioned they have 2000 switches but that doesn't really mean anything unless we know how many orders they have had and if this covers them all or to what date.

Dulayne
15-08-2013, 08:06
Quote Originally Posted by Trapper

Not sure about GRA..

~Trap
Eh not good then, still waiting at this point. Hopefully it will be up when I awake.

Trapper
14-08-2013, 20:46
Quote Originally Posted by Dulayne
Thanks for the update, changed my server to be the 100mbit for now. How soon can I expect it to take from this point? (GRA)

Not sure about GRA..

~Trap

Dulayne
14-08-2013, 19:48
Thanks for the update, changed my server to be the 100mbit for now. How soon can I expect it to take from this point? (GRA)

Trapper
14-08-2013, 18:45
Quote Originally Posted by skegyuk
Hi Neil,

I have just done this, any ideas on an ETA once changed to 100MBiT?

Thanks,
Danny
Ditto (SP Order number below)

village_i_diot
14-08-2013, 18:07
I have just done this, thanks Neil.

arcadia171e
14-08-2013, 16:47
Just did this for my mSP. Can live with 100mb for now :P

raxxeh
14-08-2013, 16:38
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

It will improve the delivery time and it can be done from the OVH Manager, login, click on administration, then my invoices, and orders in progress. You see the order listed, then click on the modify icon on the order and change it to 100Mbps.

You should also do this if you requested it via email to make sure the request is processed.
Will doing this affect the 1000/200 later down the track?

I kind of want to do this for one I have on order for a friend - but I will not do it if it comes with risk of not being upgraded to 1000/200 in order of order number (ie, will get switched to 1000/200 before others who ordered 2 weeks later get 1000/200)

skegyuk
14-08-2013, 16:04
Hi Neil,

I have just done this, any ideas on an ETA once changed to 100MBiT?

Thanks,
Danny

Neil
14-08-2013, 15:38
Hi

It will improve the delivery time and it can be done from the OVH Manager, login, click on administration, then my invoices, and orders in progress. You see the order listed, then click on the modify icon on the order and change it to 100Mbps.

You should also do this if you requested it via email to make sure the request is processed.

Ollie_
14-08-2013, 15:09
When I requested the 100mb line for my mSP it was deployed almost an hour later.

rickyday
14-08-2013, 14:51
I will go out on a limb here and say yes requesting 100Mb would speed up deployment time of your server.

village_i_diot
14-08-2013, 14:40
I didn't order my mSP until Monday, aware of the delays and I did contact support asking to be put on the 100mbit switch for now.

Neil emailed me this morning saying he has requested my server be delivered with the 100mbits connection, I was just wondering if those that had requested this before had actually got their server and was it sooner than maybe others are seeing?

rickyday
14-08-2013, 14:01
A good question indeed, and I doubt anyone here apart from OVH support can actually answer it.

I have seen numerous posts on Oles twitter feed of people requesting a temp 100Mb installation which can then be upgraded when the 1Gb switches are delivered and he has arranged this for them and tweeted back.

As you say though new switches have been delivered albeit not all OVH are waiting for, what are the chances of your server being deployed soon via those new switches? and of course you have no idea of delivery time have you.

I would be inclined to just get the server connected at 100Mbps even if it causes a delay in the future when being changed to 1Gbps switch.

I am in fact looking at ordering a mSP tomorrow! (don't laugh please folks lol)

village_i_diot
14-08-2013, 13:55
I've read a few times that due to the lack of 1Gbit switches some have asked that their mSP's be put on the 100Mbps switch and then upgraded to the 1gbit later.

Will doing this speed up the setting up of the server or do people think you will still be left until they get to you in the queue? Has anyone who has done this had their server delivered?

This question actually may be pointless because I see they have had delivery of some 1gbit switches.