OVH Community, your new community space.

Xenserver network issue

alex
16-08-2013, 16:49
You said done from the beginning on assigning virtual mac addresses, with the downtime, OVH's Switches that your Dedicated server is connected too may have lost the mac address to ip translation you originally created
Had no issue before, should be no problem now - we are talking about 10 VMs only - I am not overselling resources, the VMs are normally running very fast and on average 0 tickets per month per VPS.

alex
16-08-2013, 16:47
created solution - migrate all VMs to new mode, already done 2 VMs working without any modifications, the old 2012 server will be recycled as it's cheaper to get new server with much better specs.

I have checked the IPs are not blocked by OVH.

andha
16-08-2013, 12:46
You said done from the beginning on assigning virtual mac addresses, with the downtime, OVH's Switches that your Dedicated server is connected too may have lost the mac address to ip translation you originally created, try removing one of the virtual mac addresses from the manager and creating a new one for it, then assign that new mac address in xenserver to the relevent VM,

I had a problem with one of mine a while back where the virtual mac assginment through the manager hadnt automatically updated the switches @ OVH which meant the ip would not route properly

gjm
16-08-2013, 12:17
I have centos and ubuntu on xenserver and the problem I have is the first centos vm is fine, the other centos and ubuntu have never worked because ips wont route properly

alex
16-08-2013, 10:02
All the VMs worked before, without any issue on the XENserver, suddenly after downtime for 5 minutes all VMs impossible to access via internet.

Have you tried assigning them new virtual mac addresses?
done from beginning

It could be that the network downtime (whatever caused it) wiped the settings for the mac addresses and routing information off the switches in question?
the VMs setting are untouched, I have checked, it seem to me the XENserver

And make sure the IPs are not blocked by OVH?
I need to check, if all IPs are not blocked.

Are the VM's connected through the same gateway as the xenserver?
yes.

What os are onthe vm's alex?
from centos to ubuntu os

andha
15-08-2013, 14:16
Have you tried assigning them new virtual mac addresses?

It could be that the network downtime (whatever caused it) wiped the settings for the mac addresses and routing information off the switches in question?

(just a guess)

gjm
15-08-2013, 13:14
What os are onthe vm's alex? Altho sadly I cannot give any advice on it, i have a problem with ips on my xencenter server , the main server ip works, one vm works, yet no other vm ip works at all. And if I try and add one of the ip's to the working server, they still dont work, ovh have tried fixing and can't. So I have a xencenter machine that can only run 1 vm

Just wondering if you experienced any of this with yours?

Mark1978
15-08-2013, 12:14
Are the VM's connected through the same gateway as the xenserver? Also have you tried changing the IP of one of them? And make sure the IPs are not blocked by OVH?

alex
15-08-2013, 02:41
Quote Originally Posted by JakeMS
Have you tried turning it off and back on again? this way allowing the network in the vm's and host to try to renegotiate themselves?
yes, I have tried.

What I have noticed after the downtime, all VMs were off. I tried to restart node and VMs, but no network appeared on VMs.

JakeMS
15-08-2013, 02:33
Have you tried turning it off and back on again? this way allowing the network in the vm's and host to try to renegotiate themselves?

alex
15-08-2013, 02:26
Hi all,

I had today a downtime caused by network loss at OVH, but when it's come back the VMs are lost network connection, very strange as the xenserver is connected and I have access to it.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?