OVH Community, your new community space.

Thank you! To all the OVH staff (even you oles!)

AndrewNylon
20-08-2013, 15:19
Quote Originally Posted by Ukd4v1d
beside the point, but my current server is 2yr old, and I didn't order the cheap ass 2g either!

business's need customers to function, if OVH can't provide their offered services, in a timely manner, then it's a matter of time before someone sweeps over and robs them of their business
Are you cancelling your server?

Ukd4v1d
20-08-2013, 15:03
Quote Originally Posted by cartwright118
You have a very narrow way of looking at things, you obviously haven't been around here long!

+1 @ Tz-OVH / rickyday
beside the point, but my current server is 2yr old, and I didn't order the cheap ass 2g either!

business's need customers to function, if OVH can't provide their offered services, in a timely manner, then it's a matter of time before someone sweeps over and robs them of their business

rickyday
20-08-2013, 11:41
Ive tweeted Intel on Twitter, and told them my friend Oles needs some more motherboards and processors

No tweet back yet though lol

macole111
20-08-2013, 11:39
It is hard to prepare for that many orders - but they could have told Intel to ramp up the Atom production line :P

-macole111

cartwright118
20-08-2013, 11:27
Why kiss ass?

OVH are a company which however cheap their products are are in it to make money! Their tact for new business on this new line of products is an absolute school boy error. They have been around long enough to forecast sales and yet have jumped in two feet first with absolutely no prep whatsoever, then they give their long time served customers little or no updates and your thanking them for doing a great job?????

You could teach apes to slide a server into a rack, switch it on with a single man setting off the auto install scripts for the os's whilst linking them to the nick handles

Unhappy customer!
You have a very narrow way of looking at things, you obviously haven't been around here long!

+1 @ Tz-OVH / rickyday

Trapper
20-08-2013, 09:41
....Their tact for new business on this new line of products is an absolute school boy error....
The only School Boy Error was not making them un-available for order early enough.

....jumped in two feet first with absolutely no prep whatsoever
Reading between the lines and indeed between this forum and Twitter: I think you'll find they had enough kit for 5000 of the KS2G's. So to say "no prep whatsoever" is obviously wrong.

I do not think they realised how utterly good the deal was. And then did not react quickly enough when orders took off.

~Trap

ctype_alnum
20-08-2013, 01:03
Why kiss ass?

OVH are a company which however cheap their products are are in it to make money! Their tact for new business on this new line of products is an absolute school boy error. They have been around long enough to forecast sales and yet have jumped in two feet first with absolutely no prep whatsoever, then they give their long time served customers little or no updates and your thanking them for doing a great job?????

You could teach apes to slide a server into a rack, switch it on with a single man setting off the auto install scripts for the os's whilst linking them to the nick handles

Unhappy customer!
Yep I agree, someone with some sense. I was reading this and did wonder.

Ukd4v1d
19-08-2013, 23:27
Why kiss ass?

Unhappy customer!

nodokodo
15-08-2013, 23:40
+1.
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
and also I should add Oles is keeping everyone in the loop on twitter, genuine and transparent guy, there aren't many CEOs like that on Twitter.
I've never followed him until the recent offer and have to say I'm pretty amazed he's made time let alone the way he handles himself. Top notch.

cartwright118
15-08-2013, 22:16
+1

I personally haven't had any issues. Not that I would call an issue anyway, I was more than happy waiting the amount of time that I did to get a server that "was half the price of a Big Mac" - to be honest, I'd be fine waiting around now still for that server that costs me less than a Big Mac

However, I ordered mine on the 26/07 and it was delivered on 06/08. So I'm a happy bunny

rickyday
15-08-2013, 21:26
and also I should add Oles is keeping everyone in the loop on twitter, genuine and transparent guy, there aren't many CEOs like that on Twitter.

rickyday
15-08-2013, 21:24
I said the very same thing as you in an email to support earlier, there are only a handful of people in the UK office and believe me they are working their butts off.

Well done folks.

You can deploy Tz-OVH and my servers quicker now please (Joke!)

gjm
15-08-2013, 21:14
I know I've been moaning , but even tho I want my server soon, I do appreciate the work of the ovh employees, they are in the firing line from all of us and this issue isn't under their control.

Tz-OVH
15-08-2013, 20:01
Thanks to all of you. I think with all that's happened these past few weeks, most of us have been complaining a lot, be it over email, forums or over the phone.

Just like to say, thanks! We know you must be working over time, weekends and be crazy busy like never before...

Like always, we see more negative than positive, anyone who has got their server usually doesn't bother coming back to mention it here, unless its to complain again.

Once this all settles down, it'll be business as usual and hopefully it'll be sooner than later.

(No, I didn't get my server yet )