OVH Community, your new community space.

Our own Predictions of delivery

rickyday
20-08-2013, 10:20
Quote Originally Posted by KeiranBrown
ORDERED FROM: OVH.com (FR)
ITEM: Mini server SP1
DATE OF TRANSACTION: August 11
ORDER NUMBER:21903270

I didn't find out out about switching to 100 m/bits because it wasn't mentioned when I ordered from FR and the time said 72 hours for delivery not 2 weeks or more. I switched to 100 mbits on August 17th after I found out how from OVH forums.

I understand OVH has a backlog but this wasn't mentioned when I ordered at all.

I sent in 5 support tickets to OVH FR throughout the last 10 days before I found the information on the forums. All my tickets were not answered, the first answer I got was when i asked on twitter OVH fr and en and they just said "it'll be asap"

I've been a customer of OVH FR and OVH US for over a year now, I don't spend millions but I do expect OVH FR to meet their stated delivery times regardless (give or take a couple of days) and also to reply to tickets via their own support system.
A long long wait for msp, could be another month, don't forget you have the option of a refund, s0phie has stated these will be done fast within 48hrs.

You wont get any more information about delivery time other than the sticky updates on these forums.

Just telling you like it is.

davidhogan
20-08-2013, 03:50
I would order from OVH US but order it in BHS you will get your SP 1 very fast from there. I placed an order today and they have been nothing but amazing about communicating with me. I created a ticket after it did not arrive within an hour and they apologised and gave me an eta of 8 hours thats right a REAL ETA in writing. I think OVH UK could learn a lot from them. My company has a base in Europe and in the US and we are currently considering moving all our servers from the UK to the US as there support cannot be matched. I had 5 msp on order 4 of which I have now canceled yet ovh has not responded nor have I received a refund for them. the 5th Im going to chance it was ordered on the 7th of August but like everyone here I don't think I'll get it anytime soon I will update this when it arrives. I also have a ks2g on order from the 26th of July but I don't really care when that arrives as its for basic low level testing.

KeiranBrown
20-08-2013, 01:45
ORDERED FROM: OVH.com (FR)
ITEM: Mini server SP1
DATE OF TRANSACTION: August 11
ORDER NUMBER:21903270

I didn't find out out about switching to 100 m/bits because it wasn't mentioned when I ordered from FR and the time said 72 hours for delivery not 2 weeks or more. I switched to 100 mbits on August 17th after I found out how from OVH forums.

I understand OVH has a backlog but this wasn't mentioned when I ordered at all.

I sent in 5 support tickets to OVH FR throughout the last 10 days before I found the information on the forums. All my tickets were not answered, the first answer I got was when i asked on twitter OVH fr and en and they just said "it'll be asap"

I've been a customer of OVH FR and OVH US for over a year now, I don't spend millions but I do expect OVH FR to meet their stated delivery times regardless (give or take a couple of days) and also to reply to tickets via their own support system.

randomsk1tzo
18-08-2013, 15:23
Quote Originally Posted by loveorhate
Like what have you ordered? When/where?
The First SP and Mini SP with the SSD, Ordered one on the 2nd, one on the 6th, 3 on the 12th (Dont expect these ones anytime soon).

ctype_alnum
18-08-2013, 11:36
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Boo hoo. So OVH came along and decided to do servers from 5-30% of the price other people charge, and they didn't have the stock on hand as they didn't really know how many orders they'd get.

boo hooo hooooo.
See the bigger picture here.

loveorhate
18-08-2013, 11:28
Quote Originally Posted by randomsk1tzo
Estimation, I think people would be a bit annoyed if someone said your parcel will be delivered in roughly 72 hours, 336 hours later, no parcel. I aint annoyed with them, I just think they could have updated it to say wait times unknown or 2weeks+ lol

I am waiting on many SP servers.
Like what have you ordered? When/where?

randomsk1tzo
18-08-2013, 11:20
Quote Originally Posted by AndrewNylon
It's not pretty poor. I won't even bother explaining because, and that's probably why OVH won't explain either, because they have already told people about it. If you don't listen then that is your own problem.

When you paid you agreed that the ETA on the website was only ESTIMATED. Not definite, as explained in the terms and conditions. What are OVH suppose to do, wave a magic wand and hey, arrives 10,000 new servers?
Estimation, I think people would be a bit annoyed if someone said your parcel will be delivered in roughly 72 hours, 336 hours later, no parcel. I aint annoyed with them, I just think they could have updated it to say wait times unknown or 2weeks+ lol

I am waiting on many SP servers.

Jasgriff
17-08-2013, 08:39
Quote Originally Posted by AndrewNylon
It's not pretty poor. I won't even bother explaining because, and that's probably why OVH won't explain either, because they have already told people about it. If you don't listen then that is your own problem.

When you paid you agreed that the ETA on the website was only ESTIMATED. Not definite, as explained in the terms and conditions. What are OVH suppose to do, wave a magic wand and hey, arrives 10,000 new servers?
No but after the first day they would have realized that they had sold far more than they had anticipated and they could have made a more informed decision about their estimates and adjusted the site accordingly.

We have to remember its not just people waiting for £2.99 servers some people are still waiting for their mSP's to be delivered after weeks. This is because they don't have enough switches in most cases. They still state 72 hours now and you can still order them though.

AndrewNylon
17-08-2013, 08:23
Quote Originally Posted by randomsk1tzo
+1

What is ridiculous is that their site script still says 72 hours. You would think they would update that. Additionally, they don't email you to let you know what's happening. Pretty poor.

randomsk1tzo
17-08-2013, 06:30
Quote Originally Posted by Gomjaba
Some customer, or potential customer, might not know that and go by the first impression.

Plus you never know what the customer does. Sometimes the customer uses a small server as trial before going bigger. A company I used to work for had a customer paying £50 / month for shared hosting .. Little did we know at that time, he ended up being the biggest customer paying 128k / month for several racks full of blades ..

Never underestimate the people who sign up for the smallest packages, cheap or not.

Plus, it doesn't matter if they sell servers which are 95% cheaper. If you order something and delivery is advertised within 72hrs, you expect to be delivered within 72hrs, cheap or not.
+1

What is ridiculous is that their site script still says 72 hours. You would think they would update that. Additionally, they don't email you to let you know what's happening. Pretty poor.

Gomjaba
16-08-2013, 15:09
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Boo hoo. So OVH came along and decided to do servers from 5-30% of the price other people charge, and they didn't have the stock on hand as they didn't really know how many orders they'd get.

boo hooo hooooo.
Some customer, or potential customer, might not know that and go by the first impression.

Plus you never know what the customer does. Sometimes the customer uses a small server as trial before going bigger. A company I used to work for had a customer paying £50 / month for shared hosting .. Little did we know at that time, he ended up being the biggest customer paying 128k / month for several racks full of blades ..

Never underestimate the people who sign up for the smallest packages, cheap or not.

Plus, it doesn't matter if they sell servers which are 95% cheaper. If you order something and delivery is advertised within 72hrs, you expect to be delivered within 72hrs, cheap or not.

Thelen
16-08-2013, 14:25
Quote Originally Posted by ctype_alnum
Yes its known as smoke and mirrors.

boo hooo hooooo.

ctype_alnum
16-08-2013, 10:48
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
Mines in my sig. I know folks who ordered 1 day before me and the same day as me and who have received their KS-2G already. So I dunno...
I am basically in the same position as you in regards to same product and date it was ordered

rickyday
16-08-2013, 10:47
My orders will arrive when they arrive!

There we go

Would be nice if the mSP arrived sooner rather than later, no rush on the 4G

Tz-OVH
16-08-2013, 10:45
Mines in my sig. I know folks who ordered 1 day before me and the same day as me and who have received their KS-2G already. So I dunno...

ctype_alnum
16-08-2013, 10:43
Quote Originally Posted by ezdub

OVH seem to be very good at the moment at promoting themselves and their accomplishments with building projects and finance but not very good at delivery of the actual product. Example is just look at some of Oles tweets today.
Yes its known as smoke and mirrors.

RogEnk
16-08-2013, 10:20
Hi all.

08-08-2013
Mini SP 3 months, RBX.
Holding out for 1Gbs
Waiting...

Mirl
16-08-2013, 09:59
Howdy,
mini SP server ( RBX )- opted for temporary 100Mbs
Your order was paid on 14/08/2013 a 21:56:16
Order # 21938637
i did cancel my GRA order as gave up waiting and thought RBX be faster. we shall see

Regards
Mirl

Balsca
16-08-2013, 09:15
mSP Order 2153...... ordered on 31st. Opted for 100mbit on 14th.

Nothing yet.

Trapper
16-08-2013, 09:11
As per my footer. SP (Best of) waited the 72 hours, then changed to 100Mb option. Delivered about 90 minutes after that

~Trap

village_i_diot
16-08-2013, 09:10
Quote Originally Posted by hooglecraft
Mini SP server RBX ordered 30th July at 1am Status undelivered no eta order number 21515869 opted for 100 mbit line
KS 2g server GRA, ordered 05th August after earlier paypal order was cancelled. Not delivered and no real eta info. Order 218346**

Mini SP server RBX ordered 12th August 22:48, was advised by support on twitter that ETA of mSP's was about a week so still hoping. Order 219191## Opted for 100mbit line.

ezdub
16-08-2013, 08:54
Mine Mini SP Server RBX originally ordered 31st of July but was cancelled because of the paypal issue so had to re-order 14th August as I was out of the country so did not know until my return.

Edited order via manager for the 100MB option as it stated it would be delivered NOW, of course this has not happened.

Though I have never relied on stock and times on the website as I know this is not a real guide of deployment, at best it is a guess . What I do find strange is that orders are being taken for a product they do not currently have or at least showing that the product is sold out at this time. IE: like the KS 2G.

OVH seem to be very good at the moment at promoting themselves and their accomplishments with building projects and finance but not very good at delivery of the actual product. Example is just look at some of Oles tweets today.

Been a very happy customer for a long-time so very rarely do I need to complain but they really need to look at this, IMO disaster of a launch of products. Though waiting on this order is yet to effect my business I am sure it is to some people.

hooglecraft
16-08-2013, 07:56
Ok I am guessing you all know by now delivery times of servers are way delayed and eta's on delivery are very much anyones guess I have been told 1- 10 days then by end of week and 1 week on still no delivery of the server.

So here is the idea of this thread we all post details on what server we ordered, where we ordered it for ie RBX the date we ordered and if we opted for 100mbit lines (supposedly quicker delivery date). This way maybe then when we get some people saying theirs have been delivered we can maybe get a rough guess on when ours will be delivered, Hey you never know if you put your order number in it may enourage staff to look at yours specifically and they may respond.

Please note this thread is not here to flame ovh but more customers compiling their own predictions based on their personal experiences. So I will kick mine off

Mini SP server RBX ordered 30th July at 1am Status undelivered no eta order number 21515869 opted for 100 mbit line

I will post when server is delivered