OVH Community, your new community space.

IP adress for cluster - HA/Failover

jozo
22-08-2013, 15:55
Thanks,
loadbalancer is right solution for me.

andha
20-08-2013, 00:20
technically, you could utilise the API and write your own little app / script that monitors for a failover and auto switches all of your IP's, not sure if the API access if free though, if it is i might give it a shot.

szisti
20-08-2013, 00:06
I was thinking about the exact same thing

have 2 thoughts:
1, if you lucky and the 2 servers are on the same /24 network (using the same gateway) it might just work
2, using the API might be able to switch it over to the other server, but you would also need to update the VMs (change gateway)

andha
19-08-2013, 22:14
I believe the loadbalancer solution is the one you want, ip failover isnt really for what you require.

There may be other hacky ways around this somehow, but not sure.

jozo
19-08-2013, 21:29
Hello rickyday,
thank you very much for your response.

I do not have experiences with clusters.
For me is not clear how work IP adres in cluster.
Example:
I have cluster with 2 nodes and 1 public IP. This IP is redirect (in OVH manager IP failover) to server A. When server A failture IP stay offline. When i connect to ovh manager and failover this ip to server B ip is again online. Or hyper v can comunicate with ovh manager and redirect IP adress automatically for online nodes?
Or i can set one IP concurrently redirect to 2 or more nodes?

I know how set up software, but i don not how to setup IP adress in ovh manager or i need some special services (for example ovh load ballancer).
Thanks

rickyday
18-08-2013, 23:55
Server 2012 has some very good HA/Failover Clustering options, also some very nifty DR features as well, oh and don't forget Virtualisation and the options there for instance VM Live migration or Hyper V replication.

Set that up and you shouldn't have to worry about moving IP Failovers from each server, is the movement of the IP failovers really necessary? Can you not use internal addressing for what you want to achieve?

jozo
16-08-2013, 18:17
Dear,
i find solution how to redirect my IP when server is failture. I need create high availability cluster.

For example:
I have 2 server (server A, server B) with cluster and i have some RIPE block in server A. How i set when my server A is offline all IP will be automatically redirected on server B?

I found Failover ip. IP have to redirect manually (or script). But time for redirect IP takes some minutes.

Load ballancer cisco ace is not appropriate for me. I have a lot of traffic.

Have You some idea to solve?

Thanks