OVH Community, your new community space.

ovh automatic server install

Andy.
26-08-2008, 15:37
Well it's a pity they don't explain in more length the fact that some users may be asked to provide personal documentation. Forewarned, most of us would first check we can, or want to provide this documentaion before placing an order.

What a waste of time this has been.

Ordered server last night, payment refused DESPITE ensuring the details on the card and my OVH card matched and now I'm being asked to provide MY personal data which could comprimise ME BEFORE they'll accept the payment.

I'm beginning to think I'd rather pay a bit more to avoid the bloomin hassle.

IainK
26-08-2008, 14:51
OVH are a company that need lengthy explanations from time to time. We have come to expect this on the message boards. If you don't want to use them feel free to try and find another company anywhere close to their price range with unmetered bandwidth in Europe.

Andy
26-08-2008, 14:36
Quote Originally Posted by Andy.
1-24 hours is far easier than that lengthy explanation
And common sense would explain it even more easily.

Andy.
26-08-2008, 14:07
1-24 hours is far easier than that lengthy explanation

Andy
26-08-2008, 13:56
Quote Originally Posted by Andy.
If it might be 1 hour, 8 hours or 24 hours they should say 1-24 hours, not 1 hour.
If you had read how this operates they have a 1 hour stock and a 72 hour stock level.

If OVH have a 1 hour stock and you order, and your payment has been processed, you should get your server in 1 hour, unless the level hadn't been updated when you ordered.

If OVH have no 1 hour stock but you order, and your payment has been processed, you should get your server in 72 hours or less.

Sometimes it takes longer than 1 hour on a 1 hour stock level but not often and usually you get it in under 2 hours.

Easy no?

Andy.
26-08-2008, 13:53
If it might be 1 hour, 8 hours or 24 hours they should say 1-24 hours, not 1 hour.

helpseeker
23-08-2008, 16:56
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
It updates pretty quickly but not that fast. I think if it were possible they would have done it already. I'd say 8 hours is reasonable.
the funny thing is that to me it seems that the numbers appearing there are always bigger than the real numbers...

if it just a matter of "delay" at a certain point of the day we should see "0" in 1h for at least 8hours (the period slayer2005 waited)...

Andy
23-08-2008, 12:46
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
they should change it then.
i mean when i orderd there was 45 in 1 hour stock according to the page.
i got it in about 8 hours i think witch is still the good.
It updates pretty quickly but not that fast. I think if it were possible they would have done it already. I'd say 8 hours is reasonable.

slayer2005
23-08-2008, 12:45
The page doesn't update in real-time. You might see there is 1 hour stock but the page may not have been updated to reflect there no longer is.

It is up to 72 hours deployment, and OVH will tell you the same. They do not guarantee a 1 hour deployment.
they should change it then.
i mean when i orderd there was 45 in 1 hour stock according to the page.
i got it in about 8 hours i think witch is still the good.

Andy
23-08-2008, 11:21
Not true as there are plenty in 1 hour stock.
The page doesn't update in real-time. You might see there is 1 hour stock but the page may not have been updated to reflect there no longer is.

It is up to 72 hours deployment, and OVH will tell you the same. They do not guarantee a 1 hour deployment.

slayer2005
23-08-2008, 01:12
The deployment scheme is an "up to 72 hours" scheme. If they have them in stock for 1 hour deployment, you'll get it in 1 hour. Otherwise you have to wait for a server to be built for you.
Not true as there are plenty in 1 hour stock.

Andy
23-08-2008, 00:47
Is ovh not auto anymore once you have paid?
I mean twice now with 2 servers its not the normal 45minutes or less like it used to be.2 hours ago nearly i orderd a server and still nothing.
dont get me wrong i dont mind waiting some hours just wondering if smthing has changed in the procedures.
The deployment scheme is an "up to 72 hours" scheme. If they have them in stock for 1 hour deployment, you'll get it in 1 hour. Otherwise you have to wait for a server to be built for you.

slayer2005
23-08-2008, 00:43
Is ovh not auto anymore once you have paid?
I mean twice now with 2 servers its not the normal 45minutes or less like it used to be.2 hours ago nearly i orderd a server and still nothing.
dont get me wrong i dont mind waiting some hours just wondering if smthing has changed in the procedures.