OVH Community, your new community space.

Please read

Mirl
19-08-2013, 16:16
Quote Originally Posted by Jasgriff
*** eta

Subject to availability and money constraints
lol

Jasgriff
19-08-2013, 15:33
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
No we don't any more

Anyway, if you want your order to be cancelled and refunded, just send an email to customersupport@ovh.co.uk and will do it within 24h max***.
*** eta

Subject to availability and money constraints

S0phie
19-08-2013, 14:52
Quote Originally Posted by ctype_alnum
They use barclaycard merchant services for processing card transactions
No we don't any more

Anyway, if you want your order to be cancelled and refunded, just send an email to customersupport@ovh.co.uk and will do it within 24h max.

Trapper
19-08-2013, 14:21
Quote Originally Posted by RogEnk
Shame they do not quantify a lot, I guess that means more than two!
There is now a better response:

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7052

RogEnk
19-08-2013, 14:14
Got to admit this is something of a PR/CR disaster for OVH and does not show them in a good light.

Today's update for example, The latest update is:

Quote:
SP: the past week, we have delivered a lot of SP, but this is not enough. the changes in switches continue.
Shame they do not quantify a lot, I guess that means more than two!

Gomjaba
19-08-2013, 12:09
Issue with me is that I am a new customer - so I don't know / didn't know that OVH is good / bad etc.

My first impression is that the order process says X-Amount of days, after X-Amount of days no word from OVH - only response when asking is pretty much "It is done when it's done".

They seem to think that all customer are just kids with game servers and don't care. I for one do care and the first impression is what counts - especially when considering larger orders and / or servers.

Jasgriff
19-08-2013, 11:32
Quote Originally Posted by Gomjaba
Oh "I" will .. Just saying

Collections Agency? LOVE to work with these guys ... I used to work for one so it is always a pleasure to have one of those "people" at my front door ignoring the laws
I think he is actually suggesting that ovh will ignore requests where the customer hasn't asked for a refund and that would mean you would have to send a debt collecter to them to get the money back?

You have paid up front so it can't be the other way around.

Either way I can't see that being the case and he is potentially stoking the fire.

I know how you feel as we are mostly in the same boat. I just hope that you can stick with it for a bit longer

Gomjaba
19-08-2013, 11:13
Quote Originally Posted by ferryboi91
OR.... You could just ask for a refund like any other sane person.
Oh "I" will .. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewNylon
If a customer charges back without first requesting a refund, then OVH said they will send them to a collections agency for recovery of the money. So, if you want a refund, ask OVH first and do not be an ass and chargeback.

It costs OVH 25+ per chargeback.
Collections Agency? LOVE to work with these guys ... I used to work for one so it is always a pleasure to have one of those "people" at my front door ignoring the laws

ctype_alnum
19-08-2013, 10:39
If a customer charges back without first requesting a refund, then OVH said they will send them to a collections agency for recovery of the money. So, if you want a refund, ask OVH first and do not be an ass and chargeback.

They use barclaycard merchant services for processing card transactions (I have always used that when paying ovh from my card). Do you know 100% that barclaycard charge 25 per chargeback? Companies like worldpay charge 10 the above seems a little steep, just wondering where you got that figure from.

Jasgriff
19-08-2013, 10:37

Did you just pull that figure out of thin air? Can I ask how you know that OVH said they will refer cases to a collections agency?

I am sure that your refund would arrive well within the 30 days + its less effort to write an email asking for a refund than going into the in's and outs with your credit card company. Surely you would have to have been refused a refund first anyway?

You made a post on how you feel as we all have and its all fair. I guess the majority of us hope you can stick it out a little longer as you will end up with what you ordered.

AndrewNylon
19-08-2013, 10:11

theatheist
19-08-2013, 09:29
Quote Originally Posted by ferryboi91
I think his point is that chargebacks take allot less time then waiting for server or even refund, especially if its done via credit card.

I wouldnt do this but understand what he means.

ferryboi91
19-08-2013, 08:40
Quote Originally Posted by Gomjaba
Since chargebacks will cost OVH money, maybe this is one tool annoyed people can use. I'll give OVH until the end of the week until I will ask my bank to retrieve the money due to fraud.

Gomjaba
19-08-2013, 08:22
Since chargebacks will cost OVH money, maybe this is one tool annoyed people can use. I'll give OVH until the end of the week until I will ask my bank to retrieve the money due to fraud.

sbedigital
19-08-2013, 03:29
Hogglecraft, May I ask how much ovh paid you to write such a long essay? I think most of the people would agree with me on one point, we are not angry of the backlog itself, our disappointment is that why ovh is misleading the customers, fact is they are advertising their servers available within 72 hrs and then taking the money NOT supplying the servers even after waiting 15 to 20 days.

I find most of ovh's action so far UNPROFESSIONAL. Most of their customer service representatives hardly understand customers language. I have called their London office twice and both occasions my call has been answered by a Chinese man (gathered from the tone), who hardly speak any English and put the phone down on me.

And there is a girl called Sophie, I think she so obsessed playing knot and crosses on her computer, she has turned in to a robot - every single enquiries I have sent came back with same response - asking me to visit this forum, where I have yet receive a reply from an OVH staff.

The simple fact is OVH don't care. It does not matter of cheap pricing, it's all about informing customers. Can you imagine Tesco advertising the bread for cheap and taking your money at the till then telling you that you must wait 15 days and counting for your item?

If any of OVH STAFF including owner, founder and chirman, reading this and have slightest of dignity and respect for your customer, then tell us how long we need wait and return all the money you have taken without supplying the goods. We rather have our money sitting in our account and generating interests in there than yours.

RogEnk
18-08-2013, 22:31
Good post Hooglecraft

I have been a customer for a long time (years) and have always found OVH to be responsive and quick to deliver, this hiccup I see as a consequence of their success and popularity.

Could it have been prevented? Of course.
Should it have been prevented? Difficult as it could have driven customers, who help drive cost down and features up as you say, away to never return.

They ought to indulge in some PR right now though, rather than rely on existing customers such as you or I to do it.

I had to smile at your MC DDOS attempts too though - I too run a few game servers and have cornered the NA community for one, and have had to deal with a fair bit of DDOS mitigation as a result from a peeved spotty faced individual. Shame he failed to mask his IP

LinuxGam
18-08-2013, 11:25
That was possibly the longest sentence ever. I am just asking for a date so we can run like business's not someones exciting hobby. The delay sucks, but I understand why, their lack of information is the weak point, while taking more orders...

hooglecraft
18-08-2013, 11:12
to be honest that is true and I think we are sort of expected to to look at order numbers and compare them to people who have had theirs delivered, all though this will vary on server type etc

and to be honest I would rather not be told again it will be delivered within 10 days or it will be next week and get dissapointed when they fail to deliver it at that time (it happened) now I am just tootling a long drumming up members again trying to push my server to the limit and then getting excited on what my new server will be able to do I would really like it to be delivered asap though as my server counts on kids playing a game and I would have missed the best time to get new members during school holidays if it is delivered in september when they are all back to school

LinuxGam
18-08-2013, 09:40
Great post. But... if you tell some one that they are x in queue they will wait 3 times longer for a beer than if you look like you are never going to serve them. That was a scientific test... I think OVH could learn a lot from that

hooglecraft
18-08-2013, 08:57
Ok many of us are in the same boat paid for a server in July still dont have it now 3 weeks on etc some people have come to the forums but I am willing to bet there are probably thousands of us in this boat and 99% of them have not come to the forum so it is hard to believe on what you see on why delivery times are taking so long.

Well the truth is there is not really any companies out there that can offer the quality of products anywhere near the price ovh does so of course there is going to be thousands of orders.

Reason why they probably didnt stop selling servers when they realised there were huge backlogs I am guessing it is partly because they want customers which is rightfully so remember the more people buying here the cheaper they can make their prices. It also gives them an indication of hardware to order and machines to build. I am fairly sure they spend hundreds of thousands of Euros in hardware the more they order the cheaper they get it which means the cheaper we get it.

So on that theory it is only a theory as I do not work for ovh or affiliated to them in any way it makes sense not to advertise 3+ weeks waiting on servers when ordering they dont want to drive people away.

I myself am a newbie when it comes to dedicated servers I have been running a kimsufi 8g for 6 months from the time I ordered it to now everything has been a brilliant service even if I am just a single customer whener I had an issue I got support when needed. I run a minecraft server along with website and forum all on 1 low specked 8g machine in fact I have run 3 servers off of it and had 60+ people playing on them lag free and trouble free, So I really cant wait to see what my new server can handle when I get it (fingers crossed)

Due to the nature of my server I get quite a few hacker wannabbes who love to try and take down my server via ddos attacks and to be honest only been effected twice and multiple attempts have been made so as I grow so do these threats so I am welcoming all these new anti ddos services they are working on when people are complaining that oles is working on that rather than delivering the servers and to be honest the amount on order what can he really do I am sure he has a full team of people dedicated to setting up new servers so go easy on that flaming people seem to have against ovh.

Yes it is frustrating to be left in the dark with no idea when orders were going to be delivered I too was really annoyed around day 10 because my current server was expiring and I didnt want to renew it @40 if the following day my new server was going to be ready, But then I learnt about the renewal on a day by day system which I think is brilliant so if you are on a current server and looking to upgrade maybe you will want to look into this.

Go to OVH manager > admin > invoices> allign services there you can choose the day you want to renew to so if it be a day or 7 days etc you have the freedom to to do so that way you are only paying for what you use.

Dont expect a personalised service they are cheap and if they have to expand their customer services department to offer you a more 1 on 1 customer relationship then they have to increase the prices. There are thousands of people probably emailing them daily asking if my server is ready etc and the truth is the support team can look at it in the order queue but really cant give you better idea than what you can guess for yourself. This amount of orders is probably waiting on other companies to deliver hardware and services etc at the same time so say they order directly from INtel they say we need 10,000 cpus and intel can only supply 5000 then OVH have to wait until intel can supply the hardware if intel can say we will definately send them to you on monday then OVH cant say to us we will definately have your server delivered on Tuesday.

That is all lol not meant as a rant I am frustrated at times as well but knowing things are being put in place to help us is good to know and the day by day renewal is a brilliant service that alone calmed me down a lot.