OVH Community, your new community space.

a bit of advise needed pls

marks
21-08-2013, 10:40
yes, I agree with everything said here before.

to add to the conversation, my particular take is on the account holding. From OVH's point of view, there is only 1 account holder, whether it's a company or an individual. You'll have to agree on that. And for us, that person will be the account owner.

daddymax
20-08-2013, 22:45
@LinuxGam we are all collegues so the port forwarding idea is good, however we do run a few programs that only uses port 80 :S

thanks for your help

LinuxGam
20-08-2013, 22:41
Also depends what you are doing with them. If you are using services on well know ports, i.e a web server on port 80 then sure you need different IPv4's. However, if you are running services where you can pick the port, then you could get away with one IP and port forwarding and all have different entry ports for your services.

Obviously this only works if it's ports you know to use or you are sending somebody a link with the ports in it. It won't work for anonymous guests expecting port 80 for example with a web browser and no port specified.

I am guessing you do all want a default web sever, but thought I'd throw it out there in case you are running private services that you are happy to change the port on :-) and it could save you some cash on the extra IP's

daddymax
20-08-2013, 22:37
thanks for the help guys. it seems like we will need to go into professional usage to get a ripe Ip block.
http://prntscr.com/1mezd0

davidhogan
20-08-2013, 22:30
Hi,

You would need to get a ripe IP block if you wanted to give each one an ipv4 ip otherwise you could use ipv6. You can do what you want with your server in OVH's eyes as long as its legal and doesn't violate there tos.

jonlewi5
20-08-2013, 22:29
Yeah thats allowed.

Quick question though, do all the vps's need public addresses?

All im thinking is that you only get 3 failovers, so you will need more. At least a /29 (if you dont use failovers).
That would require the professional usage which is extra.

daddymax
20-08-2013, 22:24
Hello everyone,
i'm a newbie so please take it easy

me and a few of my friends are planning on ordering http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/eg_64g.xml and and we basically want to split the server into 6 windows vps's so we can all have a vps each.
is this allowed by ovh ?

Thanks