OVH Community, your new community space.

Can no longer align services less than a month

S0phie
23-08-2013, 18:22
Once again, I'm closing this thread due to the pointless conversation going on in parallel in this thread

AndrewNylon
23-08-2013, 18:07
Quote Originally Posted by theatheist
Then you was clearly mistaken.

Ok, its about time you started to put up some evidence to backup your ridiculous claims. Give me one single post on this forum where I troll'd somebody? For ever 0 you can give of mine I will give you minimum of 10 of yours or just simply link to your post history page.

I have said in to you already on various occasions and I will say it again, go and grow up and get a life instead of acting like a child, This is a OVH forum not facebook/youtube or some teen chat room.
You've already been warned by OVH staff kid. Your getting closer to the ban hammer. You talk jack that isn't even true. Grow up kid.

Trapper
23-08-2013, 16:46
OVH, please bring this back, even if you make it a minimum of 7 days, or a minimum of £20, or charge £2 for the service of renewing for less than a month.

Like others here I also have a merchant account, so I understand the costs, but with minimums like those suggested above, you should still be able to make money.

I have never used this service, but had planned to for change-over of servers I have up-coming...

~Trap

Mark1978
23-08-2013, 16:37
Quote Originally Posted by Marc
I've been currently aligning the expiration dates of a number of servers on a week by week basis as I am waiting on delivery of mSPs that I have paid for close to a month now. It seems that OVH has in the last few days changed this so you can only align dates > 1 month.

I do not mind the wait so much; however I had placed an order for a large number of these mini SPs on the assumption that they would be available in 72 hours with a plan to migrate services over. I understand that delays can happen and that is fine; however, I do not feel that considering I've already paid for this large number of mini-SPs I be forced to renew all my other servers for at least a month. When I placed the order for Mini-SPs you could align for < 1 month.

Please can a staff member from OVH advise, as I've spent today over £1000 on one month server renewals for services which will be replaced with Mini SPs when you can deliver them. I should have been allowed to align the billing.
What? This is a joke right? How are we supposed to deal with the delivery delays OVH has if you can't keep renewing the servers for a short amount of time. Plus we want to do that with our professional servers too when upgrading to new hardware.

This is money grabbing from OVH pure and simple. Disappointing.

theatheist
23-08-2013, 16:34
Quote Originally Posted by AndrewNylon
I thought that you left OVH already?

Seems the troll is still here
Then you was clearly mistaken.

Ok, its about time you started to put up some evidence to backup your ridiculous claims. Give me one single post on this forum where I troll'd somebody? For ever 0 you can give of mine I will give you minimum of 10 of yours or just simply link to your post history page.

I have said in to you already on various occasions and I will say it again, go and grow up and get a life instead of acting like a child, This is a OVH forum not facebook/youtube or some teen chat room.

rickyday
23-08-2013, 16:18
We have used this service a lot in past for various reasons like topping up or off-setting date for couple of weeks of large servers if we're short one month, It has helped a great deal.

Now we have no option to renew by 30 days each month so its possible we may have to let servers go at one time or other and thus OVH lose money from us.

In the long run I think this is going to hurt OVH as well as its customers as its simply an insult removing/limiting this feature without absolutely no warning. At least people could have made preparations if they had been told in advance but we now are seeing a trend in OVH of complete lack of communication. This is blatantly obvious since even their own staff didn't know and was kept in dark as much as we were.

We have been OVH customers for about 8 years in total and the past 4 weeks has been the only time I have had cause for concern or complaint.

I really hope this is just a temporary measure until all the KS servers are sorted, If not its a very bad decision on their part to at least not make the limit 1-2 weeks instead of 4.
OVH will bring it back if they do indeed start to lose money, like when they backtracked on the setup fee.

I cant see this making a massive difference to OVH to be honest, at the end of the day *most* people will stump up and pay for the month begrudgingly.

Yes I agree with you it is a great tool, but I cant see it coming back anytime soon (hopefully I am wrong)

If OVH are reading this though, bring it back please.

AndrewNylon
23-08-2013, 13:49
Errrr yes ofcourse they knew about it. They knew about it AFTER it had been limited, same as we did.

The only posts they made relevant to alignment before or even on same day as it been limited were recommendation to use it!

Move along troll, nothing to see here
I thought that you left OVH already?

Seems the troll is still here

theatheist
23-08-2013, 13:48
UK OVH staff already knew of this. If you bother to read earlier posts. But, that's just you.
Errrr yes ofcourse they knew about it. They knew about it AFTER it had been limited, same as we did.

The only posts they made relevant to alignment before or even on same day as it been limited were recommendation to use it!

Move along troll, nothing to see here

davidhogan
23-08-2013, 13:47
I really don't understand why OVH seem to be driving there customers away I'm ready to cancel my MSP and cancel the existing SP 16G it was due to replace and go elsewhere right now. The way there treating us as loyal customers disgusts me.

AndrewNylon
23-08-2013, 10:09
We have used this service a lot in past for various reasons like topping up or off-setting date for couple of weeks of large servers if we're short one month, It has helped a great deal.

Now we have no option to renew by 30 days each month so its possible we may have to let servers go at one time or other and thus OVH lose money from us.

In the long run I think this is going to hurt OVH as well as its customers as its simply an insult removing/limiting this feature without absolutely no warning. At least people could have made preparations if they had been told in advance but we now are seeing a trend in OVH of complete lack of communication. This is blatantly obvious since even their own staff didn't know and was kept in dark as much as we were.

We have been OVH customers for about 8 years in total and the past 4 weeks has been the only time I have had cause for concern or complaint.

I really hope this is just a temporary measure until all the KS servers are sorted, If not its a very bad decision on their part to at least not make the limit 1-2 weeks instead of 4.
UK OVH staff already knew of this. If you bother to read earlier posts. But, that's just you.

theatheist
23-08-2013, 10:00

ezdub
23-08-2013, 09:15
Could not agree with you more Andy like you been a customer for a long-time now and have to say this one of their biggest mistakes they have made.

They should do a rethink on this even if they allowed weekly extensions it would help some people out in the short term.

I do wonder if the new financing of the company has something to do with this. Where Oles has been the real driving force behind the company are there people having influence on the company now.

Andy
23-08-2013, 08:24
At the end of the day OVH have brought this on themselves, nobody else. They should expect abuse of the system if it helps the customer get over OVH's problems. I don't see why the customer should be made to pay for their mistakes. I can see why they've done it though, it's cheaper on costs and they get more money out of the renewal.

It's still sly given the issues going on. If they removed it after this was over I wouldn't blame them (never used it myself) but to remove it now is just a kick in the family jewels for people who have used it in the past, and then put their faith in it still being there now as their services come to expire.

Although this hasn't affected me directly I can't help but feel OVH has handled this incredibly badly. I just wish I was their marketing manager or someone who has a good influence on these changes so I could do what's best

hooglecraft
22-08-2013, 22:32
To be fair 90% of the renewals for weekly etc is down to ovh deliveries being so slow I have renewed mine on a week by week basis as I ordered an upgraded server last month, If I had of known it would take longer than a month to deliver it then I would have renewed normally. But I thought if I renew for a month now and get my new server in a coupe of hours then I would have wasted essentially £40 and that £40 could get me 2 16g kimsufis or a mSP as to what I am paying for now an 8gb Kimsufi

AndrewNylon
22-08-2013, 22:19
Quote Originally Posted by bushybaker
K, I edited mine, kinda borderline posting the names. In terms of causing people to phone instead of e-mail, well... ovh are doing that one to themselves.
They should never have extended your order in the first place anyway. They have said no to other people, so no reason why they should make an exception just for you.

davidhogan
22-08-2013, 22:14
OVH refused me on the phone. I'm not happy with there service at all at this stage I only just joined the forums because i never felt the need to have my voice heard but Ive been a customer for almost 3 years and this is the way there treating people.

bushybaker
22-08-2013, 21:42
K, I edited mine, kinda borderline posting the names. In terms of causing people to phone instead of e-mail, well... ovh are doing that one to themselves.

macole111
22-08-2013, 21:17
True, but if OVH can't agree internally then what hope is there...

-macole111

rickyday
22-08-2013, 21:03
Just to let you guys know, I got my servers extended to Sunday.

Ask the person on the phone to arrange it for you as the e-mail support will refuse.

I actually have 2 chains of e-mails from different ovh support staff now, one support staff saying yes, the other saying no.

Ive edited the sensitive part.

3:58PM

Hello

Here is the order to renew your server for a few days, see https://www.ovh.co.uk/cgi-bin/order/...?xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kind Regards,

OVH.co.uk

and then 32 min later

4:30PM

Hi,

I'm sorry but it is no longer possible.

Regards,
I really don't think you should be posting that kind of info/advice, you are now encouraging every Tom D ick and Harry to ring up now and request this, this will make life very very difficult for those people in the London office now during a very very busy time.

Plus the right thing to have done was indeed edit the names.

Just my two cents worth.

bushybaker
22-08-2013, 20:30
Just to let you guys know, I got my servers extended to Sunday.

Ask the person on the phone to arrange it for you as the e-mail support will refuse.

I actually have 2 chains of e-mails from different ovh support staff now, one support staff saying yes, the other saying no.

Ive edited the sensitive part.

3:58PM

Hello

Here is the order to renew your server for a few days, see https://www.ovh.co.uk/cgi-bin/order/...?xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kind Regards,

OVH London telephone support

OVH.co.uk

and then 32 min later

4:30PM

Hi,

I'm sorry but it is no longer possible.

Regards,

OVH e-mail support

Thank you OVH London telephone support!!!!!!!!!

HostRange
22-08-2013, 19:26
Glad I came across this thread otherwise next week the majority of my servers would be offline due to my credit card daily limit which is why I paid weekly

davidhogan
22-08-2013, 17:21
This is such a joke just spoke to there support team and there refusing point blank to give me an eta for my new servers to arrive or to extend my old till they come they keep saying one month minimum Im very rapidly considering taking my business and going elsewhere bearing in mind my signature doesn't include the servers i canceled. This kind of messing is fine with KS servers but not with professional ones.

Paul0130
22-08-2013, 15:35
Well renewed them all for the month now, its still a joke and angering though, will be looking to move because they keep changing things without notification which is not on.

LawsHosting
22-08-2013, 15:15
If it was getting abused, they should at least look into it more with a fool-proof solution.

That said, if it was to do with all this backlog mess and people were renewing daily - goes to show they didn't plan very well for the new ranges - so we all are suffering from their mistakes.

theatheist
22-08-2013, 15:08
I really hope this is just a temporary measure.

glidewave
22-08-2013, 14:51
You do not get a refund when closing a server, whether it is 1 day or 29 days from renewal.

bushybaker
22-08-2013, 14:44
Still not got an answer from support. Was wondering though if I do "Procedure of dedicated server closing" does that mean I get a refund of the remaining subscription?

Was thinking this may be a good workaround as I'm happy to renew the full month as long as I get a refund when I cancel (even if this is paid in loyalty points)

Also OVH have obviously done this as loads of people will have been aligning the payment dates all of a sudden causing them to take this action. Due to recent delays for new orders this is hardly "abuse" from customers, OVH CS even recommended this here

Paul0130
22-08-2013, 14:44
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
Where did you hear that? Did you speak to someone at OVH or was it just someone complaining that said it. Just curious...

While we do complain about these things, it'd not be fair to post without being careful not to make it sound like our assumptions are facts, it's easy for that to be posted elsewhere as 100% fact.
That is also what they said to me, so it is fact.

Vmlweb
22-08-2013, 14:41
When I phoned up OVH they said one of the reasons was some clients who used it heavily ended up creating a huge amounts of orders which was messy to manage.
For example if they wanted a refund they would have to go through each order individually.

Fare enough, I'd just wish they'd given us some notice as I planned billing for August around the idea that I was able to renew for a week.

Tz-OVH
22-08-2013, 14:31
Quote Originally Posted by Ukd4v1d
Apparently it was removed because some clients abused it, so in other words they want you to pay a full month or cancel end of, that blunt no other options
Where did you hear that? Did you speak to someone at OVH or was it just someone complaining that said it. Just curious...

While we do complain about these things, it'd not be fair to post without being careful not to make it sound like our assumptions are facts, it's easy for that to be posted elsewhere as 100% fact.

Ukd4v1d
22-08-2013, 14:26
Apparently it was removed because some clients abused it, so in other words they want you to pay a full month or cancel end of, that blunt no other options

glidewave
22-08-2013, 14:15
Your find it hard to find a host nowdays that will allow you to pay per day/week on no contract.
I think you'll find that is not the point. The entire point is people having had the option and knowing it was there for use (for whatever reason) and then having it change to a point that causes major issues without reasonable notification prior to that change.

Paul0130
22-08-2013, 14:08
Your find it hard to find a host nowdays that will allow you to pay per day/week on no contract.
Defeats the point that they offered a service in there and just took it away without notifying clients - And dealing with many over the years you will find many will accept a partial payment or ajust the due date if you dont get paid for 8 days most are nice like that.

But OVH are too big for that

They would rather me leave and loose a client

AndrewNylon
22-08-2013, 14:06
Quote Originally Posted by Paul0130
Indeed and they are doing it to every1 despite me not even ordering any new replacement servers I cant align my others till a payday what a joke I think I will be leaving OVH the way they just change things without caring

Paul0130
22-08-2013, 14:04
Have you tried to do it via support?

I know they have put this limit on the self serve web manager.
Indeed and they wont do ANYTHING to help me at all, they said there is nothing they can do

Paul0130
22-08-2013, 14:03
Quote Originally Posted by K.Kode
It's not bad timing it's planned timing to extract the most out of customers while they are (more than likely) waiting for their cheaper, less profitable server to be deployed.
Of all the companies I have servers with (LW/3d/LU) OVH are the only ones to continually shift the goalposts.
Indeed and they are doing it to every1 despite me not even ordering any new replacement servers I cant align my others till a payday what a joke I think I will be leaving OVH the way they just change things without caring

bushybaker
22-08-2013, 14:01
They only do aligning per month now, not per the day
Have you tried to do it via support?

I know they have put this limit on the self serve web manager.

K.Kode
22-08-2013, 14:00
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
I'd actually like to think this is pure bad timing on OVHs part but probably something that has been in the pipeline a while.

I've used the feature myself a couple of times and I guess that in general it is used by people who are migrating from one service to another.

I hadn't even thought about card processing fees etc.
It's not bad timing it's planned timing to extract the most out of customers while they are (more than likely) waiting for their cheaper, less profitable server to be deployed.
Of all the companies I have servers with (LW/3d/LU) OVH are the only ones to continually shift the goalposts.

davidhogan
22-08-2013, 13:44
Are ovh serious I have an SP 16G which is expiring on the 26th of August I ordered a Replacement on the 7th of August and It still hasn't arrived So I have to extend the SP 16G by a month now? OVH seem to be desperately trying to hack away at there existing customers. Do they not want our business anymore?

Paul0130
22-08-2013, 13:25
Ahaha OVH are getting me saying good bye!! I only get paid on a certain date and they are expired so I go to align and see this joke, oh they cant even help me, so you would rather loose a customer who pays you quite a sum every month, ok fair does because OVH are making moves that are unacceptable and not notifying its clients, this is not on at all.

They just do what they want and that worries me trusting part of my business with them!!! Very un professional

AndrewNylon
22-08-2013, 13:16
Just e-mail support and they will align the date for you.

problem solved.
They only do aligning per month now, not per the day

bushybaker
22-08-2013, 13:16
Just e-mail support and they will align the date for you.

problem solved.

AndrewNylon
22-08-2013, 12:46
It's pretty bad, but most hosting companies now only allow monthly contracts, etc

However, they should have atleast kept the feature enable until the backlog of servers have been deployed

theatheist
22-08-2013, 12:40
In the very least we should be able to allign for min of a week instead of 30 days.

I simply cannot believe OVH have done this to us without even a single notice on this matter.

AndrewNylon
22-08-2013, 12:39
Quote Originally Posted by Vmlweb
I've tweeted Oles, lets see what he says.

I think its pretty unprofessional to make changes like this without any warning at all.
I mean how difficult would it be to write a quick forum post about this change then give some time for everyone to get used to the idea and at least give some feedback before it takes effect.
I doubt he will reply. Just wait for an answer from the UK staff

Vmlweb
22-08-2013, 12:37
I've tweeted Oles, lets see what he says.

I think its pretty unprofessional to make changes like this without any warning at all.
I mean how difficult would it be to write a quick forum post about this change then give some time for everyone to get used to the idea and at least give some feedback before it takes effect.

DigitalDaz
22-08-2013, 12:24
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
I'm not defending OVH :P, but everyone must be careful about going off on one about the change "if" it's genuinely allowed.
I'd actually like to think this is pure bad timing on OVHs part but probably something that has been in the pipeline a while.

I've used the feature myself a couple of times and I guess that in general it is used by people who are migrating from one service to another.

I hadn't even thought about card processing fees etc.

macole111
22-08-2013, 12:21
It doesn't matter about French law, we are all with OVH Ltd a UK registered company subject to UK law and regulations. It doesn't matter that it is a subsidiary of OVH SAS.

-macole111

LawsHosting
22-08-2013, 12:09
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
Peter,
I did think of the contract issue but am not sure whether the alignment of
I'm not defending OVH :P, but everyone must be careful about going off on one about the change "if" it's genuinely allowed.

Tz-OVH
22-08-2013, 12:08
While contracts and T&Cs usually give companies the ability to do what they want, when they want...the law typically covers consumers giving us a fair period of time before the change takes effect. It usually protects us in such a way that the service provider can't say "From today, your fees are X instead of Y"...but I don't know how it works in France!

DigitalDaz
22-08-2013, 12:06
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
I haven't checked their T&C's lately. If things can be changed just like that, there must be some sort of clause something along the lines of "we will be allowed to alter our services anytime at our discretion"?
Peter,

I did think of the contract issue but am not sure whether the alignment of services feature was actually part of the contract or just something OVH has allowed it to do that helps customers.

geoffreyc
22-08-2013, 11:54
A french friend phoned up the french customer support line and got a free week on his KS until his new server shows up ... I doubt we'll all be getting the same good will gesture, but one came hope ...

LawsHosting
22-08-2013, 11:53
I haven't checked their T&C's lately. If things can be changed just like that, there must be some sort of clause something along the lines of "we will be allowed to alter our services anytime at our discretion"?

DigitalDaz
22-08-2013, 11:52
This is a terrible move that does just shafts many existing loyal customers waiting to migrate.

Having that facility at least mitigated OVHs inability at the moment to give more accurate delivery dates.

This means I could have to renew an EG today paying £100+ and then tomorrow having the mSP delivered that I was waiting to migrate to.

Luckily, I myself am not in this position but this a slap in the face for many loyal, probably longstanding customers.

If this is not reversed then delivery times need to be more accurate.

Marc
22-08-2013, 11:51
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
S0phie made a comment about it, but that's it. Not yet checked oles twitter feed.
What an absolute joke.

Tz-OVH
22-08-2013, 11:39
S0phie made a comment about it, but that's it. Not yet checked oles twitter feed.

Marc
22-08-2013, 11:32
I've been currently aligning the expiration dates of a number of servers on a week by week basis as I am waiting on delivery of mSPs that I have paid for close to a month now. It seems that OVH has in the last few days changed this so you can only align dates > 1 month.

I do not mind the wait so much; however I had placed an order for a large number of these mini SPs on the assumption that they would be available in 72 hours with a plan to migrate services over. I understand that delays can happen and that is fine; however, I do not feel that considering I've already paid for this large number of mini-SPs I be forced to renew all my other servers for at least a month. When I placed the order for Mini-SPs you could align for < 1 month.

Please can a staff member from OVH advise, as I've spent today over £1000 on one month server renewals for services which will be replaced with Mini SPs when you can deliver them. I should have been allowed to align the billing.