OVH Community, your new community space.

New Security Procedures

IainK
04-09-2008, 11:37
That's fairly standard procedure, it's a shame you didn't get more of a response than that though!

To be fair Andy. even a few years ago it was standardthat if you wanted SSH access on the net you provided passport/drivers license to provider. Maybe not in USA but in UK that's a long standing policy with lots and lots of providers.
OVH are not out with their right to ask for it.
But I say it again.
I have ordered from 3 flats, with 3 cards, never once been asked for further details had every server within an hour. My friend ordered once with the wrong details and he is always asked for passport/drivers license.
Instead he uses my server.
I know this from first hand experience. OVH only ask for this info if your bank has said nope these don't match the first time.

Andy.
02-09-2008, 19:51
TO be fair I did get a reply eventually.
Documents will be stored at OVH for as long as you have an active account.

Nettus
30-08-2008, 00:19
Pointless......

Quote Originally Posted by Andy.
....and wait....

Andy.
27-08-2008, 14:47
....and wait....

Andy.
26-08-2008, 22:04
If this is an admin only section why can users like me post here?

says it all.

and I ask again
who said anything about my details not matching?
check every single one of the 35 posts I've made here and not once do I mention that.

I'll make this perfectly clear.
My account details on OVH MATCH EXACTLY my card details.
Still declined by OVH because they want a copy of my passport or driving license as well as proof of address BEFORE accepting payment..

I've emaild Sophie to ask what they will do with these documents once provided.
I await her reply.

IainK
26-08-2008, 19:41
What makes you think it's acceptable to post this in announcements when everyone elses posts were moved? This is for OVH staff to post announcements.

As I already told you, if the address held by your bank and the address you give OVH match exactly you will not have to provide these details.
This means if you live at "2 (Flat 2) Green Street, London" and you tell OVH "2/2 Green Street, London" even such a little change will prompt further identification.

Plenty customers have not had to do this! It's only when you provide conflicting details.
Anyway, OVH are a registered company in the United Kingdom and France and conform to such business laws.
A lot of companies these days will ask you for identification for dedicated servers!

Andy.
26-08-2008, 15:17
Some links that discuss this:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/histo.../273625-1.html

Andy.
26-08-2008, 11:43
Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

In this day and age of identity theft OVH are asking for our credit card details THEN asking for copies of VERY personal documents like driving licences and passports.

So if I give my credit card details, a copy of my passport and proof of address to these guys who is to say I wont be the victim of identity fraud?

Anjow
26-08-2008, 11:38
Are you talking about the sending of driving license/passport & utility bills? I just placed an order and I can't say I'm happy with having to send such sensitive information in this current climate of identity fraud.

Andy.
26-08-2008, 10:45
Just to let everybody know they don't work.

I live in the UK.
I have a Maestro card with money in the bank.
My order 6677 cannot be approved.