OVH Community, your new community space.

Told to align my server.

Andy
26-08-2013, 13:33
In certain circumstances they will refund, e.g. if your server is defected.

AndrewNylon
26-08-2013, 12:20
I mean once it's been delivered. So if you renewed your old server and then got your new server deployed, then they issue no refund

Quote Originally Posted by CTHost
They do give refunds, I cancelled my KS server seeing as the delivery takes a long time.
Dear Andrew,

I can confirm that we issue no refunds for already paid dedicated server hosting fees as per the terms and conditions.

Regards,

CTHost
26-08-2013, 12:16
Quote Originally Posted by AndrewNylon
OVH do not issue refunds -.-
They do give refunds, I cancelled my KS server seeing as the delivery takes a long time.

AndrewNylon
26-08-2013, 12:09
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
You have two options

1. Pay up for another month (basically paying for two servers)
2. Cancel any outstanding orders and get a refund and then reorder when stock levels are back to normal. (Keep old server but cancel latest orders)

Not what you want to hear but that are your options.
OVH do not issue refunds -.-

rickyday
26-08-2013, 08:53
You have two options

1. Pay up for another month (basically paying for two servers)
2. Cancel any outstanding orders and get a refund and then reorder when stock levels are back to normal. (Keep old server but cancel latest orders)

Not what you want to hear but that are your options.

raxxeh
26-08-2013, 03:49
If you guys need space, I can give you an FTP to put your stuff for a while.

Shoot me a PM, I have about 12TB free. It's also internal traffic.

AndrewNylon
26-08-2013, 03:31
Unfortunately you are in the same boat as everyone. There is no way around this unless you buy some cheap VPS...

The only option is to extend for another month, providing you don't get your server deployed by then, which is highly unlikely right now.

A. I can align my server for a couple days.
B. OVH told us that we would receive new orders today.
C. What if I get my server tomorrow, and I have renewed my current for a month.
A. You can no longer align for less then 1 month
B. This was only an ETA, thus the "Estimated"
C. Unfortunately, they issue no refund or credit, so you would still have your server for 1 month

I think there is around 79 more servers to be deployed for mSP according to oles on twitter, no idea where you are in that queue.

benjwilkins
26-08-2013, 03:14
My current server expires Monday, 26th August.

We was all told that our new mSP would be delivered by today, Sunday, so I thought it would be no problem, I would have till 23:59 on Monday to get all my stuff transferred over.

Now sunday has come and gone, I still have not received my new order, witch I chose in GRA because OVH said it would speed it up. My server will expire tomorrow, and I was told by OVH:

You can renew your current server prorota in the OVH Manager, so you could renew it just for a few days until you get your new server.

If you log into the OVH Manager, click on Administration, My invoices and Align the expiration dates of your services and choose the date here on the new webpage you want to have the server to, you most likely need to go back 1 month as it is set 1 month ahead. Now click on continue and the servers you want expire on this date and it will generate a prorota order.

Of course, I go to do this and I need to align it for at least a month now. I dont want to spend 75 to renew my current server, when OVH have stated that:

A. I can align my server for a couple days.
B. OVH told us that we would receive new orders today.
C. What if I get my server tomorrow, and I have renewed my current for a month.

Adivce? I don't know what to do. I put a ticket in about this 24 hours ago, but no response from OVH.