OVH Community, your new community space.

[Urgent] Cant renew server due to alignment issues.

SuperCity
26-08-2013, 17:56
Quote Originally Posted by hooglecraft
Just want to say if you contact support directly they may make an exception for you. I did this today and not only was my server extended for a week it was done for free. now apart from slow delivery times it is great to see they are still being flexible and helping as much as possible in support end. I guess it is down to how you approach them.

Now lets just hope my 5 week back ordered and paid server arrives within the week.
Oh god. I just sent them a very angry email lol, Thinking they was just denying the requests to do extensions, Hopefully they understand I don't mean to be angry

hooglecraft
26-08-2013, 17:54
Just want to say if you contact support directly they may make an exception for you. I did this today and not only was my server extended for a week it was done for free. now apart from slow delivery times it is great to see they are still being flexible and helping as much as possible in support end. I guess it is down to how you approach them.

Now lets just hope my 5 week back ordered and paid server arrives within the week.

Tz-OVH
26-08-2013, 17:36
I thought his response above was clear. And I've done it (more than once). They've never been difficult about returning a server for a full refund after its been setup, but it may be that they look at it on a case to case basis.

theatheist
26-08-2013, 17:23
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Not at all, we have to comply with the Distance Selling Act on servers, which means it can be possible to have a refund, should always contact us to see if it is possible.
Hi Neil,

Can you please confirm this to be true?

To clarify, if we receive server and change our mind for whatever reason, like change of plans etc, we can get refund if its within the 7 days?

Thelen
26-08-2013, 17:20
Quote Originally Posted by AndrewNylon
That's not what s0phie said to me.. damn it, if I knew that sooner
IDK what she said maybe bad english or something...

anyway, don't question me, i know everything about OVH muaaahahahhaha.

rickyday
26-08-2013, 13:57
That's wrong. OVH issue no refunds whatsoever.
You are wrong they do

*edit* Opps sorry just seen your latest post

AndrewNylon
26-08-2013, 13:48
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Not at all, we have to comply with the Distance Selling Act on servers, which means it can be possible to have a refund, should always contact us to see if it is possible.
That's not what s0phie said to me.. damn it, if I knew that sooner

Tz-OVH
26-08-2013, 13:38
I can confirm that I've got a refund on a delivered server, but I asked for it within a day or two at most.

Neil
26-08-2013, 13:30
Yeah but once it had been they issue no refund

AndrewNylon
26-08-2013, 12:21
Quote Originally Posted by Pacmanallen
OVH do offer refunds if the server has not been delivered.
Yeah but once it had been they issue no refund

Pacmanallen
26-08-2013, 12:20
OVH do offer refunds if the server has not been delivered.

AndrewNylon
26-08-2013, 12:07
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Keep in mind you can ask for a refund for a server you haven't touched. So if the new server arrives soon, just do that, and re-order in say 2 weeks time.

rickyday
26-08-2013, 08:58
Two options

1. Cancel any outstanding orders with OVH and keep server you have for another month and then reorder again when stock levels are back to normal.

Cancellations are carried out via email to OVH Support, cannot be done over telephone, forum or manager.

2. Renew old server for 1 month, so basically paying twice.

Not what you want to hear but those are your options......

SuperCity
26-08-2013, 07:33
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Keep in mind you can ask for a refund for a server you haven't touched. So if the new server arrives soon, just do that, and re-order in say 2 weeks time.
Do you know how I can do that via the manager? I was actually gonna do that via the phone and beg for them to give me an extra day or such while refund processes.

Thelen
26-08-2013, 07:00

SuperCity
26-08-2013, 04:07
Unfortunatly, you are in the same boat as every other OVH customer. You can now only align for 1 month+

New OVH rule, unfortunately. Even if you email them, they simply still refuse.
Oh my god. They could of introduced that bloody rule after the delays..... To me it seems like they are now using the delays as a tool to steal our money.

So much has gone wrong with OVH recently, And now this is the final straw! Thanks for the reply, I will start looking for ways to give them 70 for a months worth of server & hope that i dont get the new server hours later.

AndrewNylon
26-08-2013, 04:02
Quote Originally Posted by SuperCity
Im sorry for posting yet again, But now im getting uber annoyed. I have a MiniSP on order, My current SP runs out "today" which is not possible as i aligned it last till the 30th of this month; But whatever.

Tried to go and align my services again to add another 5 days on (Cant afford todo a full month without a refund of my pending server) and it presents me with "doesn't meet the minimum required time", Tried todo it with 10 days and then 15, I can do a minimum of a month.

What the hell Am i supposed todo? The uptime of my server is fairly important and it wont let me renew for just a few days now.

Anybody got any suggestions?
Unfortunatly, you are in the same boat as every other OVH customer. You can now only align for 1 month+

New OVH rule, unfortunately. Even if you email them, they simply still refuse.

SuperCity
26-08-2013, 03:59
Im sorry for posting yet again, But now im getting uber annoyed. I have a MiniSP on order, My current SP runs out "today" which is not possible as i aligned it last till the 30th of this month; But whatever.

Tried to go and align my services again to add another 5 days on (Cant afford todo a full month without a refund of my pending server) and it presents me with "doesn't meet the minimum required time", Tried todo it with 10 days and then 15, I can do a minimum of a month.

What the hell Am i supposed todo? The uptime of my server is fairly important and it wont let me renew for just a few days now.

Anybody got any suggestions?