OVH Community, your new community space.

FAO OVH Support - VAC related additional cost to servers

Andy
01-09-2013, 16:32
I've had a couple of false triggers. Once OVH even forced me to format my server before they would bring it back online. There wasn't even a problem with my server... Another time they sent out an e-mail to many Windows server owners which was caused by a problem with their router configurations...

macole111
01-09-2013, 13:09
I have never had a false warning either (on ESXi and Windows servers) but the threat of it just shutting down a server is still worrying...

-macole111

rickyday
01-09-2013, 11:41
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
(yes, 99% of the time it's due to a Windows server
I have been using OVH Windows servers for over 5 years and have NEVER triggered one of these false warnings/alerts?

Lucky? or perhaps I configure my servers correcty?

Who knows.....

Tz-OVH
01-09-2013, 11:24
Glad to see that 'support' is working effectively and we're getting responses within a fair time frame.

Tz-OVH
31-08-2013, 10:46
I think its about time we had an SLA for forum support as well.

5 days and no official response to my thread.

K.Kode
29-08-2013, 00:50
SSH on port 22 ... I lol'd

alex
28-08-2013, 22:21
Quote Originally Posted by macole111
Don't get me started on the 'hack-detection' system - I can actually lose sleep over that thing. How can OVH ever be 'enterprise grade' with the constant threat of a false alert or even a real one taking out services!

-macole111
100% agreed that the hack-detection false/fake system, I can generate the same reports within 5 minutes or less, once I even proofed to OVH that no servers behind of IP which were accessed by SSH from my server, as report was stating that too many connection to other servers using port 22.

macole111
28-08-2013, 22:15
Don't get me started on the 'hack-detection' system - I can actually lose sleep over that thing. How can OVH ever be 'enterprise grade' with the constant threat of a false alert or even a real one taking out services!

-macole111

Tz-OVH
28-08-2013, 21:45
*bump*

OVH Support, your input please!

LawsHosting
26-08-2013, 20:31
I'd renew mine for a year but who's to say no-one would get a (false) hack warning (yes, 99% of the time it's due to a Windows server), then money could be wasted if OVH shut it down.... The detection system could be better now, you might get a 24hour warning to fix it, but still hear servers are shut down instantly.
This is a reason I opt for monthly, I always have this scenario in the back of my mind.

Three days ago I got some OVH server trying their luck on all my servers, I'd report it but it's time consuming....

Jasgriff
26-08-2013, 20:10
I was told in another post that once you have your server you can change your order to 12 months.

So thanks for raising this question as I would like to know the answer too! I would hate to think that this wasn't the case.

Tz-OVH
26-08-2013, 17:41
So it seems there will be a price hike from 1st Sept due to VAC.

While I don't think its reasonable to tack on the same additional cost to the entire range of KS servers, it's no point talking about that.

I would like some clarity on this:
Prices will increase from September 1st 2013 for all existing servers. However, if you sign up for a whole year, then DDoS protection is included, so the service price does not change.
1 of my KS servers:
Creation date: 2013-08-22
Expiration date: 2013-11-22
If I renew my KS-2G for another 9mo, do I quality for the service price not changing or do I need to do a renewal for a full 12mo period from whatever my current expiry is to qualify?

Thanks!