OVH Community, your new community space.

Delivery update from Oles 26th August (21:47)

geoffreyc
27-08-2013, 14:27
I wonder if OVH will give us back dividend on the money they will have made off of the hundred thousand of pounds they just have there sitting in an account. Loyalty points anyone? Ha!

accordfire
27-08-2013, 14:17
Quote Originally Posted by FrenchTart
So, I've had a response from support and they have confirmed the 10 day wait.

How on earth does OVH justify telling us that it would be delivered by the end of last week and then changing the timeframe so drastically? Not to mention the utter joke that is their communication strategy.
It is an absolute abomination that they're relying on potential (or existing) customers to phone THEM to find out and then post in here, or elsewhere to keep everyone else informed.

Still waiting on this fabled "contact email" - albeit since Oles said "probablement" if it's anything like my wife, it means "never".

To think that ANY company can do business this way in the 21st Century, holding on to customers money while failing to deliver even a word, much less the product, is criminal. I don't know how it works in France, but in my part of the UK it's just plain wrong. What's worse, is this is effectively a communications company we're all having issues with.

Oles - you need to get up front and centre, old chap. Sooner of later you're going to be stuck with circa 20000 servers you have no use for otherwise. There's a whole world outside France, and like it or not - they're your market.

The only, and I do mean ONLY, thing holding most of us here is that your offer and network are "reputed" to be better than most of the rest. However, most of us just want "something that works, reliably" at a price point. One of your competitors will soon figure that out.

Ten days, when new orders are getting put through is obscene. You cut off your King's head for behaviour like that in the day - so why is it acceptable now?

accordfire
27-08-2013, 14:10
Quote Originally Posted by hdfills
does anyone here know of any other company that could suit our needs as in dedicated servers ect ....
More out of need than anything, I just took out a small server, on a monthly basis with online.net

They're another French company, which wasn't deliberate on my part, and while the offering is much more limited than OVH's Holy Grail - it's far less elusive.

I got, let me get this right, what they term an SC Dedibox Gen2. It's a cheapy, for sure, probably quite similar to a smaller Kimfusi - it's a Nano U2550 1.6GHz, 2Gb Ram, 160Gb HDD (French seem to get 500Gb), 100Mb Bandwidth unlimited metering, failover IP, and some other little bits. OS is either of various Linuxes, Proxmox, or Win Server Web 2008 - for ten Euro a month pro rated to the beginning of next month. They do other options too.

Key for me: Delivered, provisioned and ready to go in FOUR MINUTES FIFTY NINE SECONDS. OS loaded in about 5 mins flat after that, and up and running hard for almost two days now. Ping time from here (just oustide London) (no test file, just standard ping of IP) typically 18ms.

To be very honest, it's everything I expected OVH to be. Sign up, switch on, play. All in one go, when I wanted to.

rickyday
27-08-2013, 13:37
does anyone here know of any other company that could suit our needs as in dedicated servers ect ....
Whoever you go with, please please research first.

We don't want to hear any horror stories, because it can be a minefield out there.

There are a couple of hosting companies out there at the moment that are doing battle, one owes the other money, so they have locked them out of their datacentre, its a right old mess.

Webhostingtalk will explain all.

OVH have a proven track record, they wont rip you off, the network is top notch, they offer value for money, yes there are issues with delivery, but I would strongly advise you to stick with OVH if you can.

par-n-go
27-08-2013, 13:27
Any hosting company/datacenter can suit your needs, it's the price that may or may not suit your needs

chrisjose1913
27-08-2013, 13:18
Quote Originally Posted by AndrewNylon
Trading standards won't do anything, since the contract says that they will aim to deploy within the set period of the "ETA" but there is no specific ETA.

BTW, if you go to your bank and chargeback, that would be better then requesting a refund.
It can easily go to trading standards since they falsely advertised the setup time regardless of the contract, when ordering they posted delivery time ad 72 hours, they never put ETA on the end.

hdfills
27-08-2013, 13:11

FrenchTart
27-08-2013, 13:02
So, I've had a response from support and they have confirmed the 10 day wait.

How on earth does OVH justify telling us that it would be delivered by the end of last week and then changing the timeframe so drastically? Not to mention the utter joke that is their communication strategy.

Tz-OVH
27-08-2013, 12:15
Quote Originally Posted by AndrewNylon
Trading standards won't do anything, since the contract says that they will aim to deploy within the set period of the "ETA" but there is no specific ETA.

BTW, if you go to your bank and chargeback, that would be better then requesting a refund.
Why on earth would you recommend to someone not to use the available means of requesting a refund and rather use the option of raising a dispute which would lead to a chargeback? That's rather an extreme action (I said "That's nuts" then edited my post). And its usually required that you attempt to contact the merchant for a resolution before disputing a charge.

Folks can wait and complain (as we've all done) or if they feel they can no longer afford to wait, naturally they have the option of asking for a refund, which OVH will deal with. Raising a chargeback is an option, only if they aren't getting anywhere with requesting a refund from OVH.

AndrewNylon
27-08-2013, 11:47

hdfills
27-08-2013, 00:49
clearly and i mean very very clearly ovh have no interest in there customers at all ... very little updates as to whats happening and letting other peoples companys be on the line, strange a company can get away with what ovh are now but i see theres no edits on the main ovh servers sales saying "we can not take your money as we dont have the resources too supply" ....

i shall and will be looking into this further

accordfire
27-08-2013, 00:31
Unbelievable. No. What's the term for so outrageous it's TOTALLY believable?

So, WHEN is this "contact of the customers" going to happen, exactly? You have my name, you have my address, and you have my money. Yes, MY money, taken against order number 21997769.

As I said elsewhere in here, I know I have had a shorter wait than others, but at the same time, I wanted the server for use in my business, not as a toy. If I treated any customer of mine in anything approaching this manner, I would have no business.

It's admirable and all, that you finally chose to acknowledge the level of backlog you have, with a view to doing something about it. Like others though, I now have no idea at all WHEN I can expect to receive my order which was placed for GRA in any case.

What seems to me to be most lamentable is the length of time, and number of orders you took before deciding there was a delivery issue. With unemployment across the EU at the levels it is, I cannot understand at all why you are not increasing staff on at least a casual basis, if only to relay to your "valued" customer base, precisely what is happening to their money and order.

Relying on Forums, and Twitter to make these announcements is tantamount to criminality too, at least in the sense of proving how little you do care about customers, and the difficulties you have left many in. It shows an utter disdain, an arrogance, and a tangible affront to everyone ordering outside of France too that see only get to hear half of this second hand, because one or other of your now largely upset customer queue has taken it on themselves to read what you're writing over in France, in French - which by the way still remains NOT the world language - that's still English, much as most British and American youth is also trying to destroy it.

My biggest fear for you Oles, is what you're going to do with over 20,000 redundant servers when the last of us finally has had enough and puts the eco friendly light out behind us.

Yes, I know it's one server, and yes, I know it's only 40 or so a month (Eu45 or something) - and yes, I even know I've waited less than many. But I also know you told me 72 hours, then by Sunday, and now - if any sense at all is to be made of your big list of FRenglish, I'm waiting another ten days now.

It's not so much just about delivery any longer.......sorry, had to wait for the pig to finish flying past the window there - it was being ridden by two Dodos and chased by a rainbow coloured unicorn - it's as much about convincing your customers it's actually worth waiting any more. It's about ensuring that you build those servers to be used, and not, ultimately to stand idle - because pretty much that's where it will end this way.

It's not even that most of us want anything free - although at this rate anyone waiting over say 2 working weeks, should be getting a minimum of a month's free server. You owe them that at least. If they'll continue to wait.

chrisjose1913
26-08-2013, 23:56
Quote Originally Posted by FrenchTart
Pretty much the same as I feel. Utter joke to make claims of 1 hour delivery as of this week and then come out with this...not to mention complete lack of contact outside of the French forum. Sigh.
Exactly I have been waiting for over 18 days now, my old server on another host is going to expire on the 1st, for a start i will need a day or so to setup the new server, if this one does not reach me by the 31st i will have no choice but to add time on the other server, this will leave me with lack of money to buy other things i needed.

RichardWnl
26-08-2013, 23:49
Snap, I placed an order for the EG server in the Gravelines DC. Which should have been faster than Roubaix but is now put on low priority (late this week)

FrenchTart
26-08-2013, 23:48
Quote Originally Posted by chrisjose1913
If there telling me i may have to wait another 10 bloody days when yesterday is was less than 24 hours for my server then i am out, i will request a refund and go to trading standards. i am giving until the 31st
Pretty much the same as I feel. Utter joke to make claims of 1 hour delivery as of this week and then come out with this...not to mention complete lack of contact outside of the French forum. Sigh.

arcadia171e
26-08-2013, 23:47
Waiting 22 days for a server that said 72 hours deliver time is a JOKE.
RBX is cursed to, i HAD to pick that Dc didnt it..

chrisjose1913
26-08-2013, 23:43
If there telling me i may have to wait another 10 bloody days when yesterday is was less than 24 hours for my server then i am out, i will request a refund and go to trading standards. i am giving until the 31st

jtreal
26-08-2013, 23:36
Anyone in GRA with mSP (non-SSD) order numbers 219xxxxx got their server yet?

If so post the order number in an attempt to gather a very rough ETA.

No. 21929576 - Not delivered yet

Jasgriff
26-08-2013, 23:11
Thanks for the update! Team OVH UK can have a day off tomorrow now

ferryboi91
26-08-2013, 23:04
we will now deliver the mSP / mSP SSD only GRA. This
we will catch any delay in about 10J.
- I wont hold my breath for the 10 day delivery.

We will re-contact all customers who ordered the mSP to RBX
and SBG to provide their express delivery of GRA.
- If they cant deliver the rest of the orders in GRA on time, I'm not sure how they can call the backlog at RBX/SBG "Express Delivery"

rickyday
26-08-2013, 22:53
Hello,

There are still a few days before the end of the month. Recording the
record shipments of servers in the history of OVH
which will approach servers 20000 (!). It's just astronomical
especially for a quiet month as August. After 3-4
weeks of uncertainty, the situation becomes under control.
Deliveries it is in 1H this week for FS / EG / MG / HG
then under 10J for KS / MS. Finally, in late September KS-2G.

We have reorganized the way of delivering the service and
reduce the number of DCs by reference. We think that from
mid September, will again offer to deliver
such server in any DCs. But for now, the
goal is to deliver and faster.

EG / MG:
------
RBX on the delay of the MG was caught. is now working
the stock 1H server to avoid delays of delivery.
SBG on GRA and we will deliver late this week
we blocked the order of these two DCs. we decided
deliver priority on RBX and put pressure to deliver in 1H.

EG on the CPU come tomorrow and the delay should be set
in the week. The same as the MG: one book on RBX.

HG:
---
12 HG remains behind. we think that from Wednesday it
will be able to deliver in 1H all references HG. it is
already for some references. deliveries will
RBX for now to put pressure on the delivery 1H.

FS:
---
24 FS remains to deliver. from Wednesday should have
Stock to deliver in 1H 2 references GRA.

SP:
---
To catch up, we decided to change the organization:
1)
we will now deliver the mSP / mSP SSD only GRA. This
we will catch any delay in about 10 days. We
will re-contact all customers who ordered the mSP to RBX
and SBG to provide their express delivery of GRA. The
ordering new mSP can only engage in GRA.

2)
we will now deliver the SP BestOf only RBX. This we
will put the packet delay and the total catch (all DCs)
approximately 150 servers. It's not much but distributed in
3 DCs it takes time to organize. We prefer the efficiency and
focus our efforts on RBX.

We really had a lot of orders during mSP
the quietest month (August) of the year and the new organization
we will accelerate deliveries. Fewer options for
now, and therefore more effective. The choice of DC return as soon as
speed control is mastered.

KS:
---
KS-24G: in 1H

KS-16G raid was caught while