OVH Community, your new community space.

Lol

par-n-go
30-08-2013, 10:29
We are all in the same boat. I'm not a kid that needs a server for the gaming server purposes. I ordered a server for a business use (backup terminal server). I think that everything that happens in our life is on purpose. That is why I ordered another server while waiting for testing, so when I get the server I won't run in any unexpected problems. Common, guys, try to think positive about everything in your life... it makes this life so much easier.

Gomjaba
30-08-2013, 10:25
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
Sure, but it isnt always the best way to do things.

And its showing too, the support staff just say 'we can tell you when oles tells us'.
OVH is doing well, has patient customer who don't mind waiting and who don't mind having no support - why would he change the way he runs the company

Directors run companies the way they can get away with it, simple "maths" ..

Tz-OVH
30-08-2013, 10:21
Quote Originally Posted by Gomjaba
Perks of a director I suppose ..
Sure, but it isnt always the best way to do things.

And its showing too, the support staff just say 'we can tell you when oles tells us'.

Gomjaba
30-08-2013, 09:49
...its oles running things and just oles. .
Perks of a director I suppose ..

Phixion
29-08-2013, 20:21
Quote Originally Posted by par-n-go
Cool story bro.

Trapper
29-08-2013, 18:44
...twitter posts (are they called posts?)
I believe they are called Twits... Err, I mean Tweets...

Quote Originally Posted by macole111
I do feel it has something to do with a differing French and English cultures.
As I mentioned before, please do not get on to the culture thing. The French love to blockade a port. This time however it won't be Calais or Dunkirk, it will be port 80... Then where will we be?

~Trap

LawsHosting
29-08-2013, 15:48
Honestly not much OVH.
Well, if it's anything like Be Un Limited's website updates/fixes, we will expect an update in 6 months. I know they outsource everything but their site has been broke for years - no wonder Telefonica sold them.

Tz-OVH
29-08-2013, 12:50
It's also partly because the way it looks like it...its oles running things and just oles. While its just speculation, nobody seems to know anything until oles tells them. It's a very centralised approach to business.

While they aren't a tiny company now, perhaps they've just not kept grown of the right departments (PR/Customer relations/etc) in line with the growth of the company.

It would explain why a decision by oles to make forum support the only support has resulted in no dedicated resource managing this place, but rather a post here and there randomly from the few folks we all know (and love/hate), i.e. S0phie, marks, Neil and the team.

macole111
29-08-2013, 12:36
How can "Europe' no 1 host" justify not sending emails regularly, the only ones I get is the occasional 'monthly' newsletter and renewal reminders! Just how OVH can do so much business when they fail on basic principles nobody knows, I have no idea how they became so big if they have always been like this.

I do feel it has something to do with a differing French and English cultures.

-macole111

theatheist
29-08-2013, 12:30
OVH need to realize, twitter posts (are they called posts?) in French / forum threads that a few 1000 people read isn't going to cover their entire user base.

How hard is it to setup a news page on the main site (and across all subsidiary sites), have a drop down that allows the end-user to pick language and update it frequently.

Honestly not much OVH.
Agreed.

I'm quite frankly astonished at the level of communication for such a big company.

Tz-OVH
29-08-2013, 12:25
Threads: 7,285, Posts: 51,649, Members: 6,343
OVH need to realize, twitter posts (are they called posts?) in French / forum threads that a few 1000 people read isn't going to cover their entire user base.

How hard is it to setup a news page on the main site (and across all subsidiary sites), have a drop down that allows the end-user to pick language and update it frequently.

Honestly not much OVH.

FrenchTart
29-08-2013, 12:09
Quote Originally Posted by Gomjaba
I find it funnier that people "forgive" OVH because the server are cheap. Not all customers are kids using them as gaming server but actually need service / DR solutions. I for one ordered servers because of their short delivery time. How naive was that ..
We've all been burned in the same way sadly.

I foolishly thought that even with the delays it was worth waiting as I had a month before my current dedi was up for renewal. Then I foolishly believed one of the updates suggesting my server would be completed very soon if I just agreed to only have 100mbit. Then I foolishly believed another update saying that my server would be delivered in GRA by the end of last week. Now I'm foolishly believing an update saying that it will be within ten days of the end of last week.

I never thought of myself as a gullible person but looking at the above paragraph I clearly am.

But hey...at least OVH clearly communicate all delays and changes to ETAs in a timely and professional manner. Oh..wait...

Gomjaba
29-08-2013, 11:51
I find it funnier that people "forgive" OVH because the server are cheap. Not all customers are kids using them as gaming server but actually need service / DR solutions. I for one ordered servers because of their short delivery time. How naive was that ..

rickyday
28-08-2013, 17:00
Quote Originally Posted by davidhogan
I gave up on OVH I've canceled all my msp orders and two EG's as I can't wait over a month for servers that have been paid for by customers in advance.
Might want to update your sig

davidhogan
28-08-2013, 10:52
I gave up on OVH I've canceled all my msp orders and two EG's as I can't wait over a month for servers that have been paid for by customers in advance.

rickyday
27-08-2013, 22:10
Quote Originally Posted by jadrake
No apostrophe in "it's". Just saying.
Yes I did realise that afterwards, was hoping no one would notice

par-n-go
27-08-2013, 20:03
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
But payed can't be, sorry.
OMG, I agree

LawsHosting
27-08-2013, 19:59
Quote Originally Posted by par-n-go
I'm from Ukraine - it can be forgiven
But payed can't be, sorry.

par-n-go
27-08-2013, 19:43
Quote Originally Posted by jadrake
I'm from Ukraine - it can be forgiven

Mirl
27-08-2013, 18:40
Howdy,
Kinda funny i originally ordered for GRA canceled that for RBX and now its gonna be in GRA.

The servers will come, just hope before the KS expires as dont really want to add a few days tot hat server

Does anyone plan to go have a tour round the GRA facility? is that even possible?

Regards
Mirl

jadrake
27-08-2013, 18:33

par-n-go
27-08-2013, 15:27
rickyday, I feel like it's only you and me that are looking from the positive perspective at the current situation

rickyday
27-08-2013, 13:54

par-n-go
27-08-2013, 13:39
Many of us are in such a stupid position...

Originally, we all paid for the server that was supposed to arrive within 72hours. After those 72 hours many of us started to worry and look for the information. Then we found this forum and received an information that we need to wait some time to get our server... Later on, this time became days, weeks, almost a month...

Most of us are angry and curious about the ETA. We are told mostly bull**** by the stuff that most of the time is not true, however...

We all know that we can ask for a refund after 7 days after the order, but NOBODY wants to cancel their order as we still hope that our server is going to be up in a bit (today, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow) and obviously we ALL know that we cannot find this type of server for such a small price. Therefore OVH knows that writing angry comments is all we can do...

It's kind of funny....
So don't worry, be happy