OVH Community, your new community space.

Partition madness!

Neil
29-08-2013, 10:58
Hi

Yes it is in active development so just the early stages at the moment, not sure if v3 will remain once this is fully up and running with no issues.

K.Kode
28-08-2013, 23:47
Thanks Neil.

Looks nice but pretty sparse at the moment.
Is this in active development? If suggestions are welcome then the server reverse / alias needs to override the OVH hostname in the server browser, that makes management a nightmare.

Will v3 remain active after rollout of this?

macole111
28-08-2013, 21:55
Oh I see, there is like 3 buttons though! OVH have been developing new control panels since the beginning of time - I bet it'll be v3 forevermore.

andha
28-08-2013, 21:38
nah there is a language option just above username box, i logged into the french fine and chrome just translated everything then i logged into the english version

macole111
28-08-2013, 21:35
Maybe because it is the French language one? Can you login with only a French nichandle.

-macole111

andha
28-08-2013, 21:29
ive managed to log in, but its useless at the moment.

everythings "Available Soon"

Tz-OVH
28-08-2013, 21:17
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

The Manager v5 is not being developed any more and is being replaced by the Dedicated, Web and Cloud Managers. see https://www.ovh.com/manager/dedicated/
Hi Neil,

I can't seem to login to that, is it available to the public yet?

And yes, I removed the -OVH from my NIC handle before trying to login

Neil
28-08-2013, 16:12
Quote Originally Posted by K.Kode
Urgh, manager v5, I'm dreading the day that rolls out.
Hi

The Manager v5 is not being developed any more and is being replaced by the Dedicated, Web and Cloud Managers. see https://www.ovh.com/manager/dedicated/

K.Kode
28-08-2013, 15:56
Urgh, manager v5, I'm dreading the day that rolls out.

John2005
28-08-2013, 15:05
yeah I was trying to change the / partition to increase the size in Managerv5 and it was refusing to let me. After relentless attempts I discovered this random IRC channel for #ovh but I believe it was for the .com website/part of the company and not the .net one but figured it's the same company won't hurt to ask. So I did and was told not to use Managerv5 as it's broken same for Managerv4 (which I didnt know existed to be honest)

After I tried in managerv3 as instructed I was able to delete the / partition and increase the size!!

K.Kode
27-08-2013, 13:44
Don't use the distribution defaults when installing.

John2005
27-08-2013, 13:32
Hello, so I gave up trying to fix my server and opted for reinstallation. After I reinstalled the OS I started installing my packages e.t.c and got hit with a:

'"No space left on device"

I looked and saw that my / partition was 20GB/20GB used and that there was another partition /home with 1.7TB.

I decided that it would just be quicker to format again but increase the / partition via the installer.

Now i'm hit with another issue... I cannot change / partition size??? so what am I suppose to do now? :S