OVH Community, your new community space.

While I wait...

tehspanna
29-08-2013, 18:41
Date: 31-07-2013 12:43:32

When were yours ordered??

arcadia171e
29-08-2013, 18:34
what date and DC did u order it?

tehspanna
29-08-2013, 17:29
Well, I've just had my mini SP delivered, so it's time to start playing!

tehspanna
28-08-2013, 17:00
Three IPs should be sufficient for what I'm doing to begin with - the mini SP is just for a few personal projects and experiments; I'll take up something bigger later on when I am coming to the contract end with my other dedicated suppliers.

I'm not in any way angry about the situation - when the equipment is live, I'll use it. Until then I'm not losing any sleep over it...

rickyday
27-08-2013, 18:04
Quote Originally Posted by tehspanna
  1. I ordered these servers for three months each - will my three months start when I can actually access the servers, or did it start at the point of order?
  2. I don't seem to be able to see any way of buying additional IPs (I didn't opt for the professional use), can this only be done once the servers are delivered?
  3. Once I have the IPs, can I use them as virtual addresses (with Untangle) rather than bridging them to individual virtual machines (Proxmox)?
  4. For the long-standing OVH members, are these delays in delivery pretty standard over the last months/years, or is this exceptional?

Adam
Billing cycle starts the moment you get the login details to your server.

You can add 3 failover IPs to your mSP if you require more you will need to add the professional option then you can order a RIPE block.

IP addresses can be used for virtual addresses, just make sure you add a virtual MAC which can be done in OVH manager.

I have been a customer of OVH for over 5 years and normal deployment time is within the hour, the fastest delivery time I have had from OVH was 23mins, yes 23mins!

These are exceptional circumstances for OVH, the new range was such good value for money they underestimated the demand, even for the mSP.

Thats why I will always pipe up and defend OVH as this is not the "normal" OVH we are used to, these are **EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES**

I have seen people spouting off about Fraud and cons, what a load of old rubbish, OVH will deliver you server, OVH delivered 20,000 servers for the month of August.

tehspanna
27-08-2013, 15:51
Thanks for the replies guys!

Good to know about the subscription dates and IP addresses.

I hadn't planned on extra IPs for the Kimsufi, I've just ordered it with Ubuntu Desktop as a plaything... the extra IPs would be for the mini SP, which I've ordered with Proxmox.

Also nice to hear these delays aren't the norm

Adam

RikT
27-08-2013, 15:44
  1. I don't seem to be able to see any way of buying additional IPs (I didn't opt for the professional use), can this only be done once the servers are delivered?
  2. Once I have the IPs, can I use them as virtual addresses (with Untangle) rather than bridging them to individual virtual machines (Proxmox)?
  3. For the long-standing OVH members, are these delays in delivery pretty standard over the last months/years, or is this exceptional?

You cant however add ip's to the KS server as that is not supported anymore

hdfills
27-08-2013, 15:31
normaly ovh are very very on point with server delivery

par-n-go
27-08-2013, 15:25
While I'm waiting for two servers to be delivered (Kimsufi 2G in GRA, mini SP in RBX), I thought I'd take the opportunity to see if anyone can clear up a couple of questions I have...

This is in no way me moaning about the late delivery of the servers - I can and will wait!

1. I ordered these servers for three months each - will my three months start when I can actually access the servers, or did it start at the point of order?
  2. I don't seem to be able to see any way of buying additional IPs (I didn't opt for the professional use), can this only be done once the servers are delivered?
  3. Once I have the IPs, can I use them as virtual addresses (with Untangle) rather than bridging them to individual virtual machines (Proxmox)?
  4. For the long-standing OVH members, are these delays in delivery pretty standard over the last months/years, or is this exceptional?

I'm an OVH noob, hence the questions. Not new to using VPS/Dedicated servers, but OVH seem to have a fairly unique offering regarding network and pricing. I do plan to eventually order more servers and start using them for business purposes, I just want to play with these first to see if what's on offer will actually be any good for me

Apologies for the long post, but at least it's nor another moaner, eh?

Adam
1.Your three months will start from the moment you get your server.
2.You can by additional IP's from the admin panel of the server. However if you need more then 3 IP then you need to pay for the professional use.
3.Yes, you can use them as virtual addresses.
4.Two of my existing servers were up within 8 hours after the payment validation.

tehspanna
27-08-2013, 15:15
While I'm waiting for two servers to be delivered (Kimsufi 2G in GRA, mini SP in RBX), I thought I'd take the opportunity to see if anyone can clear up a couple of questions I have...

This is in no way me moaning about the late delivery of the servers - I can and will wait!

I'm an OVH noob, hence the questions. Not new to using VPS/Dedicated servers, but OVH seem to have a fairly unique offering regarding network and pricing. I do plan to eventually order more servers and start using them for business purposes, I just want to play with these first to see if what's on offer will actually be any good for me

Apologies for the long post, but at least it's nor another moaner, eh?

Adam