OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH & their Incident "Support"

Gomjaba
02-09-2013, 15:04
Quote Originally Posted by macole111
Out of interest how are you setting up your DAG as I have tried to using two OVH servers but you can't create it over the internet, it's the way Exchange 2010 does the cluster.
IF I ever get the server, then yes, likely VPN or maybe just an offline copy ... no idea .. need to see how the box performs.

macole111
02-09-2013, 13:49
Out of interest how are you setting up your DAG as I have tried to using two OVH servers but you can't create it over the internet, it's the way Exchange 2010 does the cluster. I might have to setup a VPN or something like that to connect them together on the same subnet, I am just interested about how you are going about it.

OVH could change quite easily, they are in a unique position with extremely efficient DCs and powerful hardware - it's just the support that speaks 'pseudo English'.

-macole111

S0phie
02-09-2013, 13:37
Quote Originally Posted by raxxeh
Hey guys.

Ticket #1486388

Why is it taking coming up to 5 days to fix a network issue?
Hi raxxeh,

We're sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I sent your ticket to our Irish team, they'll chase our incident team for you and will get back to you later today with some updates.

Gomjaba
02-09-2013, 13:21
Quote Originally Posted by macole111
Reason 5423 why OVH can't be an enterprise host in it's current form, who on earth would pay for their private cloud service at 500+?

Sort it out Oles, this isn't your tiny firm anymore, try to run your company like 'Europe' no 1 webhost'...

-macole111
Some people would .. it depends what you are getting out of it ... Based on my short experience OVH is only good for kids playground - aka game server - or MAYBE DR / Backup services.

I only want to use this for a manual seeded DAG member (Exchange 2010 Database Backup) - but just based on my experience with communication and support at OVH - I would only use it as backup for backup - I simply cannot trust OVH as a company right now ..

It might change in the future ...

macole111
02-09-2013, 12:38
Reason 5423 why OVH can't be an enterprise host in it's current form, who on earth would pay for their private cloud service at 500+?

Sort it out Oles, this isn't your tiny firm anymore, try to run your company like 'Europe' no 1 webhost'...

-macole111

Tz-OVH
02-09-2013, 11:32
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
To add, they should employ more English people in France, seeing as UK office isn't 24/7.

Must be heartbreaking for people that pay 700+ for a HG just to be presented with "No speak English, do not understand", and delays in tickets.
I'd say heartbreaking is putting it mildly. I'd be cursing, ranting and raving

Let's hope OVH's support services evolves as well as their business has.

raxxeh
02-09-2013, 11:32
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
To add, they should employ more English people in France, seeing as UK office isn't 24/7.

Must be heartbreaking for people that pay 700+ for a HG just to be presented with "No speak English, do not understand", and delays in tickets.
I understand why it happens - and I don't mind THAT much.

OVH has been pretty good to me in the past 5 years, but this is perhaps the first issue I've had that I can't resolve myself...

my views are changing, slowly but surly....

I'll reckon if it's not fixed in 72 hours i'll be pretty irate and will call .ie just to make someones day ****ty, even with full knowledge that they can't do squat to fix the problem.

LawsHosting
02-09-2013, 11:29

par-n-go
02-09-2013, 11:16
You should ask for 100% refund!!!

raxxeh
02-09-2013, 11:04
Quote Originally Posted by par-n-go
What kind of a server are you using?
HG - BestOf

par-n-go
02-09-2013, 11:00
What kind of a server are you using?

raxxeh
02-09-2013, 10:54
Quote Originally Posted by par-n-go
Wow... It is a subject for the partial refund... It is written in the contract:
Level 2
(Unusual functioning of the service except level 3)
- Intervention (GTI) 12 hours
Yeah I've demanded a 25% refund as the issue has been ongoing for a week now.

par-n-go
02-09-2013, 10:12
Wow... It is a subject for the partial refund... It is written in the contract:
Level 2
(Unusual functioning of the service except level 3)
- Intervention (GTI) 12 hours

raxxeh
02-09-2013, 01:18
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
I can answer that easily in one word: Weekend. Support is little and far between at weekends and that itself needs to change.
Ticket was opened on the 28th. A wednesday.

Andy
02-09-2013, 00:29
Sure it'll cost money but given how much profit OVH makes that won't be much to keep one or two people on at the weekend... OVH is a professional company so I'd expect 24/7 support, especially given some people's own businesses rely on the servers they pay for.

FrenchTart
02-09-2013, 00:07
Any idea if their French support is better at weekends/etc? I'm guessing it is.

LawsHosting
01-09-2013, 23:52
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Support is little and far between at weekends and that itself needs to change.
But that'll cost OVH money, probably less than the thousands of KS2's though

Andy
01-09-2013, 22:34
I can answer that easily in one word: Weekend. Support is little and far between at weekends and that itself needs to change.

alex
01-09-2013, 17:45
use the phone.. 5 days to fix a network issue it's taking a piss.

raxxeh
01-09-2013, 10:57
Hey guys.

Ticket #1486388

Why is it taking coming up to 5 days to fix a network issue?

They've requested if they can have permission to change the server to rescue mode 3 days ago - which I gave within 2 hours - and now nothing. Not even a response.

I understand the lack of delivery of servers due to extreme backlog - But ignoring clients with server/network issue tickets? What's going on?

It's probably time to hire more people to deal with it.

And no, asking .ie to do something results in a two week wait for a response, so please don't even ask me to go there.