OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH internal communication - Presumably non-existant?

glidewave
27-09-2013, 21:03
"Does letting OVH know by as many channels as possible include phoning them at all" - Yes.

LawsHosting
27-09-2013, 20:29
Quote Originally Posted by Phixion
Does letting OVH know by as many channels as possible include phoning them at all? Because I highly doubt half the people on here whining have actually picked up the phone.
What? When I emailed or called they said "Note it on the forum", maybe because I'm a Kimi user.

Besides, half the time no-one (including staff) actually knows what is going on apart from Octave himself.

So, his official communication is (even for staff most days): forums, twiltter and mailing lists - which only a %age subscribe/have/got.

Phixion
27-09-2013, 20:01
So you are saying the majority of customers on here that signed up in 2013 aren't new customers?

More fool you.

Since 2009, I recall ONE time where I ordered a server and didn't get it within a day or so. The reason was due to the amount of orders they received.

Does letting OVH know by as many channels as possible include phoning them at all? Because I highly doubt half the people on here whining have actually picked up the phone.

glidewave
27-09-2013, 10:46
FrenchTart, pay no heed to the bad man in the corner lol.... If he went on creation date in FORUMS and activity since that date, he'd have to make fun of himself as well.

Yes, indeed, we are trying, FrenchTart, every time they make crazy decisions, which crazy things like this have happened many times prior to 2013.

"This fiasco isn't the 'usual'. " Clearly only now decided to chime in and not read back the past 6 years of posts with similar issues.

J.

FrenchTart
26-09-2013, 21:12
You feel so strongly yet you are still a customer.

THAT is irony.

Truth is we have a bunch of customers that made accounts in 2013 complaining about OVH, which is justified at the moment. But I don't recall OVH ever going though anything like this since I joined in 2009.

This fiasco isn't the 'usual'.
Please don't judge account creation date on this forum as a measure of the length of time I have been an OVH customer.

Whatever your view of the current server provisioning issues vs "normal business" at OVH I think you would find it very hard to argue that their communication is even remotely approaching what it should be. Letting OVH know by as many channels as possible is the only positive action we can take to attempt to get things improved. Not posting and simply leaving (and let's be honest, as has already been written, their prices are good enough that it is difficult to justify moving elsewhere despite all the issues) means that they will definitely carry on as they are. Given the deaf ears that these complaints have fallen upon it is clear that these complaints are being ignored...but at least we're trying.

LawsHosting
26-09-2013, 18:31
But I don't recall OVH ever going though anything like this since I joined in 2009.
Maybe not, but they shouldn't had let it come to this stage at all.

Hell, they made it worse by going back on their 3 limit KS rule!

Phixion
26-09-2013, 18:22
You feel so strongly yet you are still a customer.

THAT is irony.

Truth is we have a bunch of customers that made accounts in 2013 complaining about OVH, which is justified at the moment. But I don't recall OVH ever going though anything like this since I joined in 2009.

glidewave
26-09-2013, 16:37
Recently? Please.

Highlighting constant problems and failures is not dislike. Bringing attention to problems that we currently have and have had in the past is the only way they may possibly progress. Just because you don't have any issues, doesn't mean others don't.

Phixion
26-09-2013, 15:24
OVH have screwed up recently, that doesn't mean the previous 4 years have been bad too, I can honestly say they haven't.

You've been here since 2008... surely if you disliked OVH so much you'd have gone elsewhere by now?

glidewave
26-09-2013, 04:16
Oh, the irony

Phixion
26-09-2013, 04:02
I have a hardware fault atm, NIC is causing constant crashes unless I use the OVH patched Kernel.

Other than this, OVH have been fine for me over the years I've used them.

glidewave
26-09-2013, 00:02
To be fair though, OVH were fine before this fiasco... at least they were to me.

There are so many new customers, what do you expect?
Fine is relative....have a hardware fault, then see how fine it is

Could be a million new customers, doesn't change the fact that if proper planning and procedures were in place, customer service staff would be able to tell a customer it will be within x days, not "maybe next week" or "most likely end of month", with some stellar wait times since end of July I believe. Setting everything to SOLD OUT after the fact, instead of watching closely as to incoming orders and availability and fluidly setting sold out is inept - they just kept taking orders until the vino wore off and they said "oh sh#t, we don't have the stuff to provide".

Phixion
25-09-2013, 23:57
To be fair though, OVH were fine before this fiasco... at least they were to me.

There are so many new customers, what do you expect?

glidewave
25-09-2013, 23:41
If I were part of the group of banks/investors that put in ~180 Million into OVH earlier in the year, I'd be quite annoyed at how they have handled themselves, how they "manage" and demand answers to questions *that should already have been asked prior*.

Gomjaba
23-09-2013, 12:20
Quote Originally Posted by FrenchTart
as long as we're all still paying for servers.
...in addition to some people even still defending OVH no matter what. I finally moved services to another provider and will pull out of OVH - never had so many issues with a provider ....

FrenchTart
19-09-2013, 14:09
I gave up spamming him after about the 5th attempt. I guess there's no real incentive for them to pull their fingers out of their arses as long as we're all still paying for servers.

Tz-OVH
09-09-2013, 10:24
Glad you got your server though!

I think its about time we had a new update from HRH oles

FrenchTart
09-09-2013, 09:46
Server delivered during the early hours of the morning. Technically after they said they would be at least it has been delivered now.

I'm still going to go on and on ad infinitum /re their lack of communication though.

FrenchTart
09-09-2013, 00:01
So..in a shocking twist my server that was ordered before the 26th wasn't delivered as promised:

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7247

And no communication from OVH on the matter. How unpredictable.

FrenchTart
05-09-2013, 00:31
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
Try the anti-ddos mailing list. Worked for me, and had a giggle:
That's a good idea I'll try that in work tomorrow.

andha
04-09-2013, 18:47
It wouldn't necessarily increase prices it would just lower profit margins. The decision to up prices would depend on how much the profit margin drops and whether oles can survive on a lower salary

Also in one if his responses he stated losing customers in order to decrease waiting times is an option. To me that means he's willing to narrow his profit margin anyway

Gomjaba
04-09-2013, 18:43
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
Would you be happy to pay extra per month for this?

It would increase prices
"I" wouldn't care how they do it or how much staff they got .. If I buy a product and 72hr delivery is advertised, I expect the product being delivered within 72hrs. Having to read some forum in the hope of someone posting a tweet after almost a month is a joke ..

rickyday
04-09-2013, 17:47
Quote Originally Posted by ShadowNet
The ONLY possible way for OVH to deliver the quantity of dedicated server every month in 1 hour is a simple solution. EMPLOY MORE CAPABLE STAFF to build these machines, & while OVH is employing more staff they should also consider improving the customer support staff numbers as well... As i see it its a win win situation for OVH and the customer... Happy Days!.

.....BTW I live in a fantasy world. :_)
Would you be happy to pay extra per month for this?

It would increase prices.

This is not a dig a genuine question.

Gomjaba
04-09-2013, 17:25
Quote Originally Posted by Gomjaba
They probably want people to cancel as they cannot / want to deliver ...
Someone can be happy here as I just cancelled my order so maybe someone gets his server(s) a week earlier

Mark1978
04-09-2013, 16:53
Oles, make up your mind and stick to it. Chopping and changing pleases nobody and doesn't help your business.

Gomjaba
04-09-2013, 15:36
They probably want people to cancel as they cannot / want to deliver ...

ShadowNet
04-09-2013, 13:28
The ONLY possible way for OVH to deliver the quantity of dedicated server every month in 1 hour is a simple solution. EMPLOY MORE CAPABLE STAFF to build these machines, & while OVH is employing more staff they should also consider improving the customer support staff numbers as well... As i see it its a win win situation for OVH and the customer... Happy Days!.

.....BTW I live in a fantasy world. :_)

ctype_alnum
04-09-2013, 13:07
Don't forget the cherry on top!

Gomjaba
04-09-2013, 13:05
That's just the icing on the cake ...

LawsHosting
04-09-2013, 12:51
my mention on Twitter and other's attempts to get any kind of response out of him.
Try the anti-ddos mailing list. Worked for me, and had a giggle:

FrenchTart
04-09-2013, 11:35
Sophie has today got back to me to let me know that my feedback (in my ticket - which is near enough a copy-paste of what was written on here) has been forwarded to Oles. I fully expect to receive no reply from him - as was the case with my direct email to him, my mention on Twitter and other's attempts to get any kind of response out of him.

Gomjaba
03-09-2013, 10:40
Quote Originally Posted by macole111
Should we make a petition to send to Oles? See how many signatures we can get...

Maybe he'll do something different.

-macole111
Petition ? The only signature which helps in cases like this is the "lack of" under a contract...

FrenchTart
03-09-2013, 10:27
Quote Originally Posted by accordfire
I've just tweeted him the following:

Accord Fire Security ‏@accordfire now
@olesovhcom http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7248 … - commentaire serait utile ici - just saying, as many customers are asking
Weird..I can't see that in a search for @olesovhcom

(but I can see it if I search for @accordfire)

macole111
02-09-2013, 19:28
I always want to do the best for the long term of my company, hopefully Oles will want OVH to actually change...

-macole111

vladinc
02-09-2013, 19:21
You really think he gives a s_h_*_t ?

macole111
02-09-2013, 17:51
Should we make a petition to send to Oles? See how many signatures we can get...

-macole111

Trapper
02-09-2013, 17:49
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
I'm less concerned about internal and more about customer level communication.
The problem is with NO internal communication there can be NO external communication!

~Trap

accordfire
02-09-2013, 17:23
Agreed on all counts. Is there anyone on his Twitter that could perhaps link him here and ask for some comments?
I've just tweeted him the following:

Accord Fire Security ‏@accordfire now
@olesovhcom http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7248 … - commentaire serait utile ici - just saying, as many customers are asking

No idea if it will get any result, but based on past results, probably not.

I note however, that they're quick enough to get the invoice renewal reminders out! "You have less than 30 days remaining on your server...you can renew at this link" kind of thing. That arrived the day after the log in details!

Yes, I get I'm "lucky" to have log in details...but I am genuinely dreading that I may need support at this point. I really hope I don't. And again, no offence to anyone at OVH as yet, because I haven't tried.

Being very honest, it's past time Oles holds his hands up and tells us honestly that it's gotten too big for him to handle - that he's trying to put together a management team with the experience to sort it out fast.

I don't think he's realised yet that he's not managing a stack of servers in his mum's garage any longer - and that he's actually messing with people's livelihoods now too.

I hate, genuinely, to say it, but I am honestly not sure we will run our server past the thirty days, as the cons (support, availability) are far outweighing the pros - cost, features, kit.

What concerns me is my server goes down running a business priority system, the back up fails to switch in, and I'm left with nowhere to go - or a weekend with no support when my business runs 24/7. I'm putting that badly, but you know what I mean.

For Oles, a leaf out of the books of Bill Gates or Steve Jobs - what those guys did was engineer, package and market monumental ****-ups out of the box - and sold a ton. You've got that bit down right.

What you haven't got right, Oles, is that they ALSO were/are master communicators. Neither of them had a problem standing up and saying "yeah we got your money, yeah the product is flawed, but here's what we're doing" ... what you're doing is sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich (coller votre tęte dans le sable comme une autruche) and pretending it's not real. At least, as far as customers can see. No doubt you ARE working hard behind the scenes - but tell us that at least.

If you're going to be the face of your company....be the voice too.

FrenchTart
02-09-2013, 15:03
Agreed on all counts. Is there anyone on his Twitter that could perhaps link him here and ask for some comments?

vladinc
02-09-2013, 14:19
to be honest , in my 10+ years in dealing with customers and companies ( as a business and as a client ) I NEVER , and I underline NEVER seen such lack of business to customer communication.

Tz-OVH
02-09-2013, 14:05
It's been said before and it would be good to hear from oles/senior staff about this.

I'm less concerned about internal and more about customer level communication.

What is OVHs official news link, is it the

Twitter
oles forum posts
Email
the News link on the status page http://status.ovh.co.uk/?project=15&...all&perpage=50

Not all of us can check every one of the above often so as to be kept up to date on the last minute changes that OVH seem to make when it meets their fancy.

FrenchTart
02-09-2013, 13:06
I asked for an order update from support and received this:

Hi,

Our Managing Director informed us on Twitter that all mSP servers should be delivered by the end of this week:

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7247

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Sophie
This is not a complaint about Sophie or the people working at the English-speaking support office but (as I said in my ticket reply) it is both fairly clear and utterly ridiculous that they have been receiving no internal updates about the current problems and/or happenings within OVH.

How on earth can the company be so poor at communicating this stuff to their own support staff? What exactly do they think that 99% of the tickets being submitted to support will be asking about at this point?

I've asked if there's a way to escalate a complaint but I'm not holding my breath. I also tried emailing Oles but as you can imagine, that received no response. I don't use Twitter so that avenue of communication is closed to me (I'm tempted to sign up and link him to this though).

I also noticed that the French forum has signups disabled - possibly just a gelocation thing so I may proxy through a French server to see if I can get in there to complain.