OVH Community, your new community space.

STABLE Anti-DDoS protection included

AndyS
03-10-2013, 15:39
Quote Originally Posted by Arran
I run a very popular game server on a dedicated server and when I had mitigation on forced and certain players were only able to join the server nothing loads and they just time out. I set it back to auto mitigation and all of these players were able to join again. A false positive in the system, I guess? Any where I should report this to with more information? Strange that it only happened for some players though.
Me too, additional info added here: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?p=55895#post55895

Trapper
03-10-2013, 14:28
join the mailing list:

ddos@ml.ovh.net

Write a message there about the problems you are having

~Trap

Arran
03-10-2013, 14:13
I run a very popular game server on a dedicated server and when I had mitigation on forced and certain players were only able to join the server nothing loads and they just time out. I set it back to auto mitigation and all of these players were able to join again. A false positive in the system, I guess? Any where I should report this to with more information? Strange that it only happened for some players though.

uk2013
11-09-2013, 16:32
Any News on this?:

"For the VPS, KS and Dedicated Cloud which do not have the pro use option, we will be offering the "Anti-DDoS PRO" option within a few days."

Thanks.

marks
04-09-2013, 18:14
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
On the mailing list I read (well, tried to read) that access to the API will need "Pro" usage on servers? But, obviously, VAC will still protect in background?
Yes, that's right. For the normal Anti-DDoS, the server will be protected when the attacks happens automatically, and it won't be protected otherwise. You'll have some functionality from the Manager v6 as well.

LawsHosting
04-09-2013, 16:27
On the mailing list I read (well, tried to read) that access to the API will need "Pro" usage on servers? But, obviously, VAC will still protect in background?

Trapper
04-09-2013, 14:37
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
You must send an email to customersupport@ovh.co.uk and specify the server names
Hi S0phie, have done (sorry for the long email )

~Trap

S0phie
04-09-2013, 10:58
Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
OK S0phie, so is this a final admission that 2 of my servers were effectively taken offline by an ALPHA system for 5 days?

Where do I ask for a refund?

~Trap
You must send an email to customersupport@ovh.co.uk and specify the server names

K-Xander
04-09-2013, 04:01
I still see the anti-ddos protection as BETA inside the API. So when it will pass to STABLE ?

Also, any idea when the manager v6 comes up so we can actually benefit of the PRO-option ?

alex
03-09-2013, 23:27
any reason why the IP addresses went up? Inflation or what?

Gomjaba
03-09-2013, 15:00
Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
I guess it depends how long you are willing to wait for it

Trapper
03-09-2013, 14:42
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
Starting from today, the Anti-DDoS service passes to STABLE mode...
OK S0phie, so is this a final admission that 2 of my servers were effectively taken offline by an ALPHA system for 5 days?

~Trap

Tz-OVH
03-09-2013, 14:25
Quote Originally Posted by benjwilkins
Hi.

At the moment, our mSP server has been under permanent mitigation, that was activated by OVH from our request because we was receiving quite a few attacks each day.

Does this now mean that I can not do this unless I pay for professional services?
I think it will be automated with the introduction of VAC...

benjwilkins
03-09-2013, 13:34
Hi.

At the moment, our mSP server has been under permanent mitigation, that was activated by OVH from our request because we was receiving quite a few attacks each day.

Does this now mean that I can not do this unless I pay for professional services?

SuperCity
03-09-2013, 12:45
oooh Interesting

Tz-OVH
03-09-2013, 12:43
Thank you OVH & good English (fortunate for us, as it's a somewhat technical post).

Though the addon price between KS & SP should not be the same.

S0phie
03-09-2013, 12:27
Hello,

2-3 months ago we announced the works on the Anti-DDoS protections in the forum: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6661

Since we worked on setting up these protections with the aim of offering you a service by default, without time limits, or limits in terms of the size nor the type of attack. We set up 3 infrastructures called "VAC" which have a capacity of 480 Gbps/480 Mpps coupled with the backbone, where we have more than 2 Tbps additional bandwidth to receive and then to mitigate the attacks.

This is a lot, but there's no marketing in Anti-DDoS protection. There's no marketing.

Either it works and it holds up or everything fails. So we wanted to protect your servers without causing our backbone to fail nor other customers. And so it was necessary to design a protection which is capable of protecting you against any attack. Basically, it was necessary to think big right from the start. To date, we have the largest mitigation infrastructure to have been publicly announced, probably because we are the only ones on the market to practise transparency, even when topics as sensitive as DDoS attacks are concerned.

The challenge we set ourselves was to design a mitigation infrastructure capable of taking attacks of 0.5Tbps, while offering it at a incredibly low price: the target was set at + £1/month per service. We have re-examined the technical solutions

once more in order to innovate and do things differently, bigger, cheaper and faster.

In contrast to the market, we actually estimate that Anti-DDoS protections must be included as part of the service and must fully protect all customers, without exception and without difference in the service that is actually offered. We didn't want to have paid Anti-DDoS options because the number of attacks has strongly increased in the last 2 years.

2 months ago we announced that we had chosen to share the costs of the Anti-DDoS service for all customers, and to reduce the increase in the price of the service for old clients as with the new. We are happy to announce that we have managed to keep this commitment.

Starting from today, the Anti-DDoS service passes to STABLE mode and we are integrating the cost of Anti-DDoS into the price for the following services:

VPS

===

- VPS: +£0.50/month

Dedicated servers

===============

- KS: +£1/month

- SP: +£1/month

- FS: +£1/month

- EG: +£2/month

- MG: +£2/month

- mHG: +£3/month

- HG: +£3/month

Dedicated Cloud

===

- host S: +£2/month

- host S++: +£2/month

- host M: +£2/month

- host L: +£2/month

- host L: +£2/month

- host L++: +£2/month

- host L2: +£3/month

- host L2+: +£3/month

- host XL: +£3/month

- host XL+: +£3/month

All these services thus come with Anti-DDoS protection which protects against all types of attacks, without limitations.

If you sign up for a whole year, then DDoS protection is included, so the service price does not change.

We have developed 3 exclusive innovations which are included with the professional use option:

- permanent mitigation, instead of auto-mitigation i.e. you can activate the mitigation 24/7 instead of letting OVH detect the attacks, activate the mitigation and deactivate it after the attack.

- the firewall network allowing you to authorise all ports where you have the service, and to block all the rest.

- the access to the archive of flow through the VAC over 7 days, with the possibility of extracting the logs for analysis, with information on what has been blocked and what has been accepted.

As announced, the price of the professional use option on EG and MG passes from £15/month to £30/month. No change to SP and HG.

For the VPS, KS and Dedicated Cloud which do not have the pro use option, we will be offering the "Anti-DDoS PRO" option within a few days.

In terms of SLA, we add the commitment to detect the attack and to ubject it to the auto-mitigation, which takes less than 90 seconds.

To find out more on Anti-DDoS protections, go to: http://www.ovh.com/fr/anti-ddos/

Best wishes,

Octave