OVH Community, your new community space.

compensation or customer care?

guufi
14-09-2013, 18:32
lol support told me that my server will be ready this week, hm, it`s nearly sunday... what ar liars...

guufi
05-09-2013, 18:28
things are moving a bit, begin receiving letters with logins.

S0phie
05-09-2013, 15:46
Recurring payments via PayPal are possible for all services but the new range of Kimsufi servers.

Neil
05-09-2013, 10:30
Quote Originally Posted by guufi
ok, is it possible to create a recurring payment then?
so i dont have to worry about some missing emails and reminders?

(I initially thought that choosing the payment per month, which means to pay each month automatically.)

cheers
Hi

You can in the OVH Manager via PayPal, login click on My Services and Automatic Renewal, once the server is setup you can choose to renew it and what date the payment is taken.

guufi
05-09-2013, 10:27
ok, is it possible to create a recurring payment then?
so i dont have to worry about some missing emails and reminders?

(I initially thought that choosing the payment per month, which means to pay each month automatically.)

cheers

S0phie
05-09-2013, 09:45
S0phie
so please explain me:
money WERE taken from my account, no servers yet,
Will you charge me for the next month? if server is not delivered yet (we are not even talking about "up and running"), I just want to understand what happened to my money?
Hi,

Let's say you bought a server for 1 month. Once your server is up and running, it will be available for 1 month. After that, it's up to you to renew it or not.

If you want to renew it, you go to your Manager and make the payment. If you don't want to renew you, you just have to let it expire and ignore our reminders (or Return your dedicated server in your Manager in the Administration section)

makno
04-09-2013, 19:17
S0phie
so please explain me:
Will you charge me for the next month? if server is not delivered yet (we are not even talking about "up and running"), I just want to understand what happened to my money?
You placed the order and were charged, the money will remain as payment for the first month. Once the month is over you will be charged again.

The way OVH works is they take the payment (as if it was a deposit) but only start counting the days once they deliver the server

LawsHosting
04-09-2013, 18:21
Will you charge me for the next month?
No, as they do not save card details.

guufi
04-09-2013, 18:09
S0phie
so please explain me:

macole111
04-09-2013, 17:48
I prefer how it works because it means OVH don't store your card details, which I prefer companies doing. Otherwise they have the details in reversible encryption...

-macole111

alex
04-09-2013, 17:10
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
The way Amazon work. They only charge if its in stock and it will be shipped.
They did already charged for the order which they can't fulfil, in normal business the order is pre-authorised, this way the company know that the client have money on the account and be able to pay for it and when the service or item is delivered the company charge the clients.

Mark1978
04-09-2013, 16:17
At the very least don't put 72 hour delivery when you can't meet it.

Tz-OVH
04-09-2013, 16:15
Quote Originally Posted by geoffreyc
If this is the case, the same should apply to payment. Don't debit people's accounts until the server has been delivered.
The way Amazon work. They only charge if its in stock and it will be shipped.

geoffreyc
04-09-2013, 16:03
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
Hi guufi,

We understand your annoyance but we won't give any compensation.

Contracts start when the server is up and running.
If this is the case, the same should apply to payment. Don't debit people's accounts until the server has been delivered.

Gomjaba
04-09-2013, 15:03
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
Hi guufi,

You only get away with it because you charge the initial month at the time of order, even if it takes a month for you to supply the server to begin with.

S0phie
04-09-2013, 10:01
Hi guufi,

UnHoly
04-09-2013, 01:53
OK, i signed up to pay monthly for 3 servers, and i never used them (in fact still waiting for them, and even 10 more orders just stuck in our system)

what about some compensation?

or you think you can do a brainwash with some weird twitter messages and every week post new delivery dates??
don't you think that you must be responsible for everything?

for god sake, you are the company, with data-centers around the world - looks like a bunch unprofessional teenagers.

you don't know even how to make an official statement.

sad.
+1...

raxxeh
03-09-2013, 16:07
mispost.

guufi
03-09-2013, 15:56
OK, i signed up to pay monthly for 3 servers, and i never used them (in fact still waiting for them, and even 10 more orders just stuck in our system)

what about some compensation?

or you think you can do a brainwash with some weird twitter messages and every week post new delivery dates??
don't you think that you must be responsible for everything?

for god sake, you are the company, with data-centers around the world - looks like a bunch unprofessional teenagers.

you don't know even how to make an official statement.

sad.