OVH Community, your new community space.

IPv4 price hike

macole111
06-09-2013, 21:43
He can't change something this vital without several months warning, emails to customers and big red messages on the website. No information about current IPs and old Kimsufis, your are going to lose loyal customers and have them replaced by seedboxes (again) and game servers.

Who does he think he is sometimes?

-macole111

makno
06-09-2013, 21:39
As far as i can see on the site, the pro option only relates to the ripe block however this sudden change of mind of Mr oles is starting to get on my nerves

RapidSeeds
06-09-2013, 21:14
Does it mention if this applies to existing orders?
Surely I won't require the new pro option if I'm currently renewing ip's month to month.

LawsHosting
06-09-2013, 20:34
This is really bull.... From next week? No notice or anything as per....... Nice!

Ironic thing is, we pay for FO's now, that should be enough!

(Yes, I'm moaning, if you have a set amount to spend, why not moan)

pechspilz
06-09-2013, 19:37
It ain't over yet.

If my translation is correct:
As of next week, the use of failover IP requires the PRO option. They already disabled the possibility to renew a FO IP for more than 1 month. Oles said that with this price change a new mSP with 3 FO IPs will cost as much the old SP < 2013.

macole111
04-09-2013, 18:55
+1 again, Oles this is not a small firm anymore...

-macole111

Vmlweb
04-09-2013, 16:00
Quote Originally Posted by Mark1978
Quite, those of us who have lots of servers need to be sure about what we are spending month to month, and if there are changes they take months to implement as they have to be done in a way as to not affect the business. So if there are going to be changes in price / structure / available bandwidth, they need to be communicated well in advance.
+1

If you have one server these price changes may only be small but if you have for example 100 servers then this can add up to huge changes in pricing.

Mark1978
04-09-2013, 13:23
Quite, those of us who have lots of servers need to be sure about what we are spending month to month, and if there are changes they take months to implement as they have to be done in a way as to not affect the business. So if there are going to be changes in price / structure / available bandwidth, they need to be communicated well in advance.

Gomjaba
04-09-2013, 13:09
Reading those replies makes me think cancelling my order as I just cannot take a business, which is so big but is run like a 2-men shop, seriously.

LawsHosting
04-09-2013, 12:45
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Like a normal business...
Most give warnings in advanced, like Sky (with their ridiculous TV prices). All Oles/Octave does is just increase/stop things at his will without proper official warnings, and I mean by official like emails or even a notice within the managers wouldn't go a miss.

Thelen
04-09-2013, 12:09
Quote Originally Posted by Vmlweb
All this mind changing is getting quite annoying, how can I run my business if all the pricing and offerings change every few weeks!
Don't?

Or build in enough margin to cope with prices increasing...

Like a normal business...

alex
04-09-2013, 01:29
To: Oles
why not to change the mind and retire earlier, like right now? This way you will fix the issue as someone more professional come who has more experience to run the dedicated servers business, not just increase all the prices to fix the issues.

ebony
04-09-2013, 00:55
sometimes stuff gets sent on the news letter that emailed to you after few months. sure you find out when the next bill comes in

pechspilz
03-09-2013, 22:09
Well, that's just the way he runs the company. I doubt this will change as long as he's in charge. However, he's quite accessible and I'm sure that letting him know how we feel about such sudden changes does have an impact on his thinking. Not that he's going back to the old price, but maybe next time he'll think twice.

Vmlweb
03-09-2013, 21:48
Quote Originally Posted by pechspilz
No, from their DDoS mailing list. Someone hijacked the topic (which obviously is DDoS) and started asking him about the price hike. I chimed in.
Well I'm signed up.

It's ridiculous that we have to hunt for information regarding pricing/offers across forums, twitter, mailing lists, ovh support team and from each other.
Some changes don't even get officially announced, some months late.

What happened to the good old days when info would come to us.

LawsHosting
03-09-2013, 21:44
Quote Originally Posted by Vmlweb
Where is this coming from? French forums?
anti-ddos mailing list.....

pechspilz
03-09-2013, 21:43
No, from their DDoS mailing list. Someone hijacked the topic (which obviously is DDoS) and started asking him about the price hike. I chimed in.

Vmlweb
03-09-2013, 21:35
Here's another one:

I adapte Ovh to the market and I'm not a politic man
I change my mind every day, every hour to resolv the
problems we have. we move quickly.
Where is this coming from? French forums?

LawsHosting
03-09-2013, 21:34
Here's another one:

Although the translation could be swis-cheesed, I love the way he thinks it's ok to change things just like that with ~700k clients.

pechspilz
03-09-2013, 21:26
Here's another one:

Vmlweb
03-09-2013, 21:18
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
I really lol'd....

If you offer a server for less than a Maccy D's..... what will happen? yes, influx of interest!
All this mind changing is getting quite annoying, how can I run my business if all the pricing and offerings change every few weeks!

LawsHosting
03-09-2013, 21:01
Here are his "reasons" for doubling the price:

Yes. I've changed my mind: we have too much
orders because we are too cheaper
I really lol'd....

If you offer a server for less than a Maccy D's..... what will happen? yes, influx of interest!

Vmlweb
03-09-2013, 20:55
And keep in mind that Oles tweeted just a week ago that no price increase was in sight. https://twitter.com/olesovhcom/statu...48963637936128

orders because we are too cheaper. we are
looking for the solution to get less orders
and control in a better way the number of the
servers that we have to deliver each day.
20000 servers per month is maximum that we
can do and our customers want to order us
more that 20000. we can't deliver it ..
Trying to reduce the orders seems like the complete wrong direction to go in to me. Surely they should be trying to expand their server capacity and setup speed?

pechspilz
03-09-2013, 20:51
And keep in mind that Oles tweeted just a week ago that no price increase was in sight. https://twitter.com/olesovhcom/statu...48963637936128

orders because we are too cheaper. we are
looking for the solution to get less orders
and control in a better way the number of the
servers that we have to deliver each day.
20000 servers per month is maximum that we
can do and our customers want to order us
more that 20000. we can't deliver it ..

Vmlweb
03-09-2013, 20:45
I was wondering why my price calculations were incorrect lol, didn't even realised they'd doubled!!
This is not cool especially as a month ago they they halved them, now it's gone back up??

http://forums.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6707

Is it me or are OVH trying confuse everyone as much as possible to hide all their prices increasing?

szisti
03-09-2013, 20:24
This is really not correct I think

Probably they want to compensate the server prices this way
Everyone who has an mSP buys a few IPs ...

pechspilz
03-09-2013, 20:12
Did anyone notice? Prices just doubled for failover IPv4 over night. This is getting ridiculous.