OVH Community, your new community space.

Refund?

DigitalDaz
07-09-2013, 11:39
I'm sure there are a bunch of consumer laws that have been broken here.

If only its terminology like you should be making a pre-order rather than order.

I'm pretty sure that I cannot go selling products that haven't even been manufactured yet as built products ready to be delivered within x amount of time.

That said, I'm quite happy to wait, I know what I'm getting into and I know it will be worth the wait.

DaveP
07-09-2013, 11:21
Quote Originally Posted by alex
1) when you signed up for contract they can't limit IP addresses, as it was originally stated 3 or without limitation (KS range);
2) one second we do have support, the next no support even for old contacts;
3) when you signed up for contact it was one price, instantly after a month the price increased, I don't think it's right, exactly the same as mobile phone, normally fixed price, example: £22 per month, you can't have: Jan: £22, Feb: £44, March: £33, April: £9999 (the owner of the company changed mind) as it's taking a piss!!!
4) misleading, if it's stated 72hours it should be 72 hours, not 14 days! if stated 200Mbps it should be the same 200 not F 100Mbps (if you can't legally trade, learn how to do it)
Exactly!!! There's a shiz ton of stuff OVH have broken on their own contract and Ollie is well within their rights to claim a refund, I'm sure these peeps might be able to provide some advice - http://www.ukecc.net/

village_i_diot
06-09-2013, 11:30
Quote Originally Posted by Ollie_
Damn lol, I've been using my mSP for a month with the "temporary" 100mbit, seems as if it's not so temporary after all. didn't expect to be waiting as long as this for my 1gbit.

What datacenter is it in? if RBX and you don't want it PM me and I'll take it from you.

Neil
06-09-2013, 11:06
Is it possible to request a refund for a service that I paid for but I don't yet have, for example I renewed my server for 2 months but I want to cancel it and get a refund for the next month?
Hello

If you are referring to a renewal then it is not possible to refund renewals, but to be clear I think it is best you send us an email so we can make sure.

alex
06-09-2013, 10:18
Quote Originally Posted by geoffreyc
I can't think of which specific clause you are referring to in regards to him being covered by trading standards?
1) when you signed up for contract they can't limit IP addresses, as it was originally stated 3 or without limitation (KS range);
2) one second we do have support, the next no support even for old contacts;
3) when you signed up for contact it was one price, instantly after a month the price increased, I don't think it's right, exactly the same as mobile phone, normally fixed price, example: £22 per month, you can't have: Jan: £22, Feb: £44, March: £33, April: £9999 (the owner of the company changed mind) as it's taking a piss!!!
4) misleading, if it's stated 72hours it should be 72 hours, not 14 days! if stated 200Mbps it should be the same 200 not F 100Mbps (if you can't legally trade, learn how to do it)

geoffreyc
06-09-2013, 07:24
Quote Originally Posted by alex
under trading standards they should refund, but if they refuse, file a complain to trading standards or credit card provider and be very honest, this way you will get the refund even OVH is against it. The company such OVH or Oles in particular think that they are above of the law!
I can't think of which specific clause you are referring to in regards to him being covered by trading standards?

AmyEllis
06-09-2013, 02:05
What server is it that you have renewed, I might take it off your hands and pay you for it ect

theatheist
06-09-2013, 01:53
Alternatively somebody may pay you the month payment and you can transfer the server to them. All you do is edit the servers contacts with their nic-handle.

Andy
06-09-2013, 00:37
They will refund you in loyalty points if I remember rightly.

alex
05-09-2013, 23:24
Quote Originally Posted by macole111
No, OVH won't let you do this. You just have to use the server for the time you have paid for it.

-macole111
under trading standards they should refund, but if they refuse, file a complain to trading standards or credit card provider and be very honest, this way you will get the refund even OVH is against it. The company such OVH or Oles in particular think that they are above of the law!

Tz-OVH
05-09-2013, 22:14
If you're ok with having a 100mbit line then contact them and they can set you up asap. Keep in mind that you will have the 100mbit line until they get the 1G.
They said that picking 100mbit isn't an option anymore, quite some time ago now.

Ollie_
05-09-2013, 21:58
Quote Originally Posted by ShadowNet
Still Waiting for my refund from the mSP i was going to get...
If you're ok with having a 100mbit line then contact them and they can set you up asap. Keep in mind that you will have the 100mbit line until they get the 1G.

ShadowNet
05-09-2013, 20:53
Still Waiting for my refund from the mSP i was going to get...

rickyday
05-09-2013, 20:51
Damn lol, I've been using my mSP for a month .
You've had a mSP for a month!!

You lucky lucky *******

http://youtu.be/FPJYUsCNGXw

Ollie_
05-09-2013, 20:13
Damn lol, I've been using my mSP for a month with the "temporary" 100mbit, seems as if it's not so temporary after all. didn't expect to be waiting as long as this for my 1gbit.

geoffreyc
05-09-2013, 20:06
Simple answer is no. You might think the OVH support could make an exception considering the current situation, and you won't loose anything by asking, but don't get your hopes up.

macole111
05-09-2013, 20:04
No, OVH won't let you do this. You just have to use the server for the time you have paid for it.

-macole111

Ollie_
05-09-2013, 19:50
Is it possible to request a refund for a service that I paid for but I don't yet have, for example I renewed my server for 2 months but I want to cancel it and get a refund for the next month?