OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH blank promise and ETA

Gomjaba
10-09-2013, 12:56
Quote Originally Posted by FrenchTart
I didn't receive my server that was ordered before the 26th. Le shock.
Le Surprise ... not

Gomjaba
10-09-2013, 12:56
Quote Originally Posted by w33brad
I know this doesn't help any, but go easy on the staff. OVH is like every company out their... having to make cutbacks due to the economy. They can't splash out on hiring new staff, be patient. The rewards of the server + the fantastic price will make the wait worthwhile.
That certainly applies to server used as a playground but having similar shocking experience with a contract worth more than 20k / annum makes you think twice about their business ...

FrenchTart
08-09-2013, 23:03
I didn't receive my server that was ordered before the 26th. Le shock.

Mirl
08-09-2013, 17:33
Received mine today to. end of the week

Regards
Mirl

alex
08-09-2013, 17:02
Quote Originally Posted by cascada
You wanna share this info?
I mean no one will screw me over the IPs cost, as my project is using around 50 IPs, some of them are Failover - no difference to other IPs and OVH is charge per Failover IP is £0.84 + VAT (just retardness of OVH company)

Right now two companies running great offers on webhostingtalk, example £32:

HP Proliant
2 X Quad L5420
2 X 1TB
16GB ECC RAM
Free IP KVM loan on request
10TB Bandwidth - Gigabit Port
Unmanaged
OK, based in USA

themaxx
08-09-2013, 12:52
Quote Originally Posted by cascada
Yeah I'd like to know too

Leon
08-09-2013, 11:03
I ordered on the 13th, processed on the 14th. I received mine today.

andha
08-09-2013, 10:37
I ordered on the 11th (apparently processed on the 14th) and i recieved it today.

FrenchTart
08-09-2013, 09:42
When was your order? Not that they seem to follow date of order that well, but would be interesting to hear nonetheless.

rickyday
08-09-2013, 09:21
Wahoo! (Please see sig!)

OVH and their deployment teams are like a unstoppable juggernaut at the moment, hang on in there if you are still waiting, wont be long for mSP server.

Dulayne
08-09-2013, 08:30
Quote Originally Posted by gv1222
Ordered on the 14th too and just got my server about an hour ago
Yeah right now these are the posts that count. It is a pain in the *insert expletive here* but at least they do seem to have things coming along now.

gv1222
08-09-2013, 08:12
Quote Originally Posted by call2sun
hi all guys

as they said here

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7247

servers ordered before 26 th aug should deliver this week

my order was 14 th aug and nothing delivered to me this week

some one from ovh should respond me the reason of this worse customer support happens in ovh and the blank ETA offering one by one
Ordered on the 14th too and just got my server about an hour ago

glidewave
08-09-2013, 08:03
Quote Originally Posted by w33brad
I know this doesn't help any, but go easy on the staff. OVH is like every company out their... having to make cutbacks due to the economy. They can't splash out on hiring new staff, be patient. The rewards of the server + the fantastic price will make the wait worthwhile.
I return that quote with: "French web hosting provider OVH announced on Wednesday it has raised $181.3 million from 10 financial institutions to fund its expansion in Europe and North America." (from March 2013) That is on top of the millions OVH has already put into place in NA and the NA/World wide network over the past few years to bring BHS into fruition.

The issues with support and service in the EU are related to management and the procedures on communication and support that they have put in place (or lack thereof). These issues are not new, and are not related to the economy.

With that said, yes, go easy on the Staff, a bit, as it is the failure of those above them that deserve the blame.

ezdub
08-09-2013, 06:53
just got mine

Dulayne
08-09-2013, 03:23
I would hold out for today (literally 5 minutes before I made this post), I have moaned enough about not getting my server and it has arrived today. The order was made on August 10th @ GRA. It might seem like things are going to move ahead like Oves said this time.

Edit: I just realised, as it is pretty stupid-o'clock for me that I have not yet had the access codes. I guess I will get them some time today?

Edit 2: I forgot to check the spam box like people said, I am in! I got the codes straight away.

stardustrider
08-09-2013, 02:04
I'm hoping it's soon, as my current server is a Kimsufi server, but through a reseller (OneProvider), and having to pay for another month for that when my mSP could come through any day is a little nerve-racking

andha
08-09-2013, 01:50
They said a while ago that orders would be complete and there estimations were WAY off, now its been said that orders before 26th will be complete by tomorrow which is also WAY off, considering that people who ordered on the 12/13th still havent received there order.

Im not holding my breath, they also say that all servers should be delivered by the end of next week, im also not holding my breath for that to be accurate either.

I will quite happily wait, but these silly estimations make it difficult to not feel a little annoyed.

cascada
08-09-2013, 00:01
Quote Originally Posted by alex
Already found cheaper alternative, I don't believe to OVH any more.

alex
07-09-2013, 23:52
Already found cheaper alternative, I don't believe to OVH any more.

ezdub
07-09-2013, 21:59
Me too but will leave until Monday morning before I get on the phone and move my company elsewhere if not delivered as promised by the CEO.

Mirl
07-09-2013, 21:54
BTW im in the same boat but end of the week is Tomorrow ( Sunday ) so there is chance yet

Regards
Mirl

w33brad
07-09-2013, 21:10

call2sun
07-09-2013, 20:55
hi all guys

as they said here

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7247

servers ordered before 26 th aug should deliver this week

my order was 14 th aug and nothing delivered to me this week

some one from ovh should respond me the reason of this worse customer support happens in ovh and the blank ETA offering one by one