We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Delivery update 09/09

Jasgriff
01-10-2013, 17:51
I think that GRA will be used for all new kimi servers. I am guessing that as they have their own custom servers racks for the new kimis that they just decided to recycle the others and use up some more RBX space.

markrandall
01-10-2013, 17:46
Quote Originally Posted by Kacotet
What's the name of the benchmark script/program?
It is just the freevps one that I modified slightly to include more tests...

You can run theirs by executing the following code:

Code:
wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
Notice my server is in rbx2 and everyone on the Kimsufi forum is also saying theirs are in rbx so I wonder what gra will be used for??

Kacotet
01-10-2013, 17:26
Quote Originally Posted by markrandall
Seems they were Almost correct! I ordered a 2G on July 28th and it was delivered at 07:44 this morning:
What's the name of the benchmark script/program?

markrandall
01-10-2013, 12:52
Seems they were Almost correct! I ordered a 2G on July 28th and it was delivered at 07:44 this morning:

CPU model : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 220 @ 1.20GHz
Number of cores : 1
CPU frequency : 1200.119 MHz
Total amount of ram : 1954 MB
Total amount of swap : 512 MB
System uptime : 3:59,
Download speed from CacheFly: 11.3MB/s
Download speed from FDCServers, Chicago IL: 6.17MB/s
Download speed from FDCServers, Denver CO: 4.31MB/s
Download speed from FDCServers, Prague, CZ: 10.4MB/s
Download speed from FDCServers, NYC: 8.31MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 5.60MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.82MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 11.2MB/s
Download speed from ColoExchange, Dallas, TX: 5.89MB/s
Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 11.0MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.9MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.44MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 6.78MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 5.09MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 10.1MB/s
Download speed from OVH, Roubaix, France: 10.8MB/s
Download speed from OVH, Strasbourg, France: 11.0MB/s
Download speed from OVH, Beauharnois, Canada: 9.91MB/s
Download speed from Ecatel, Netherlands: 10.5MB/s
I/O speed : 106 MB/s

Trapper
01-10-2013, 10:49
Seems to be a bunch of KS2G's delivered this morning. I still have one outstanding, but it looks like they are getting there...

~Trap

websey
30-09-2013, 13:51
Well just sent a support ticket see if they answer it lol

Jasgriff
30-09-2013, 13:45
I thought the same but looking on the french forums there have been a number delivered this last few days. None on the uk by the looks of it though?

Mattz0r
30-09-2013, 12:37
So, how come the Opening Post hasn't been updated for 20 days? Does that mean they've not processed any orders at all?!?!

crowarth
30-09-2013, 12:11
http://chris.rowarth.co.uk/2g/

60 days so far

tehchris
30-09-2013, 11:56
Quote Originally Posted by wii89
Today is the end of the month, Still no sign of a KS 2G delivery. Unless OVH will turn on all the servers that are going to be delivered all at once at 12 AM on 01/10/13.
The OVH equivalent of turning on the Christmas Tree lights?

Do we start the countdown now? And what celebrity will be turning all the servers on?

wii89
30-09-2013, 11:50
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

if you mean 2Gs then they will be delivered all at the end of the month.
Today is the end of the month, Still no sign of a KS 2G delivery. Unless OVH will turn on all the servers that are going to be delivered all at once at 12 AM on 01/10/13.

crowarth
22-09-2013, 01:57
Hi

that's good then, so we're looking at around a week and all will be delivered.

Neil
16-09-2013, 19:00
Quote Originally Posted by wii89
@Neil any updates of what delivery's will happen this week?
Hi

wii89
16-09-2013, 14:59
@Neil any updates of what delivery's will happen this week?

Neil
13-09-2013, 18:12
Quote Originally Posted by Ixel
My orders have been pending since late August, with no voluntary updates via email unless I actually sent a ticket in and asked.

Based on information I was given, I was to expect them ready last week, suffice to say that didn't happen. I'm in the process of getting my orders cancelled, as it was a friend who wanted the servers, but getting a refund could be similar pulling out difficult teeth. I've had virtually nothing but bad customer relations with OVH and once this ordeal is finished I'm going to stop using them for good, for myself, any friend I know, or otherwise. I regret not using a credit card for the orders as I could've easily reversed the transaction.
I am waiting you to reply to my email confirming you want a refund since you will not be able to order the servers again until late September/early October.

Ixel
13-09-2013, 17:48
My orders have been pending since late August, with no voluntary updates via email unless I actually sent a ticket in and asked.

Based on information I was given, I was to expect them ready last week, suffice to say that didn't happen. I'm in the process of getting my orders cancelled, as it was a friend who wanted the servers, but getting a refund could be similar pulling out difficult teeth. I've had virtually nothing but bad customer relations with OVH and once this ordeal is finished I'm going to stop using them for good, for myself, any friend I know, or otherwise. I regret not using a credit card for the orders as I could've easily reversed the transaction.

EDIT: Have been told refund is on the way. Thanks.

wii89
12-09-2013, 12:07
Why pay more for a lower spec that's why I change my server every year!

If OVH lower the price on existing servers then I might keep it but OVH say to qualify for new prices/specs you have to buy a new server so I do.

Jeff66
12-09-2013, 00:45
Quote Originally Posted by NatdaS
We are now working on how to reward customers that lease their servers for 12-24-36 months
You could reduce the price for people who have had a server for a long time.

I'm thinking of replacing a server I've had since December. Not because I want something better, but because I can get a new one for significantly less than I'm paying now. When I ordered my current one, it was cheaper than the lower spec server it replaced.

There's no incentive to keep a server for a long time if we can get a better spec for less money by replacing it every year.

raxxeh
11-09-2013, 21:15
and a new post in the thread......because OVH reps aren't responding.

edit: it appears to have gone live, it's letting me get failovers for $1EUR each, just bought another, and didn't ask me to get PRO.

raxxeh
09-09-2013, 22:16
copy paste quote due to unrelated discussion bumping it out of view:

Hello

Currently you can only have 3 IPs, to get a 4th you would need to order a RIPE Block. The loyalty IP FailOver has not been implemented yet, which would of course change things.
Can you please ballpark a day when the new system will go live?

benarcher
09-09-2013, 21:07
Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
Whoooa Cowboy...

The "useless" part is aimed squarely at NatdaS, (NOT you benarcher) that is why I put the name at the front.

I was, as I explained, saying that "payment accepted" for us those of us who are existing customers, is useless.

Yes - I can see the transaction on my statement, on the 30th... But that is the date my bank give as the transaction date. It is NOT when the payment was accepted. (FYI this also comes without a time: Just a date.)

So, for the OP to state that orders are being processed according to some date and time to which I have no access is the useless part.

~Trap
Sorry, my bad! Must have missed that I suppose the amount of trolls on this forum makes us all slightly over protective

Anyway - obviously that is something only OVH can help you with! BUt I wouldn't hold your breath.

Trapper
09-09-2013, 20:27
Quote Originally Posted by benarcher
I don't feel that my post was useless, as it may help some of the (thousands) of new customers that the Kimsufi range has attracted to OVH.

I did state that existing customers can check their bank statement. See what date the payment has on your statement, and that should be the date you are waiting for.
Whoooa Cowboy...

The "useless" part is aimed squarely at NatdaS, (NOT you benarcher) that is why I put the name at the front.

I was, as I explained, saying that "payment accepted" for us those of us who are existing customers, is useless.

Yes - I can see the transaction on my statement, on the 30th... But that is the date my bank give as the transaction date. It is NOT when the payment was accepted. (FYI this also comes without a time: Just a date.)

So, for the OP to state that orders are being processed according to some date and time to which I have no access is the useless part.

~Trap

daveyboy37
09-09-2013, 19:25
I don't feel that my post was useless, as it may help some of the (thousands) of new customers that the Kimsufi range has attracted to OVH.

I did state that existing customers can check their bank statement. See what date the payment has on your statement, and that should be the date you are waiting for.
Agreed... Unless of course you're the 1 in 10,000 who cant login to or ring their bank for the info. ��

benarcher
09-09-2013, 18:57
@NatdaS

Bet you wish you had immediately locked the thread as the others do

I have edited benarchers here, as I have no idea when you took my money.

...If you could tell me (existing customer) how to tell when my payment was taken, it would be appreciated. If you cannot tell me, it does make your post rather pointless, as it only gives information based on a metric I have no access to...

~Trap

raxxeh
09-09-2013, 18:06
Hello

Currently you can only have 3 IPs, to get a 4th you would need to order a RIPE Block. The loyalty IP FailOver has not been implemented yet, which would of course change things.
Can you please ballpark a day when the new system will go live?

cascada
09-09-2013, 17:58
Quote Originally Posted by TheBritoid
€1 if you order them now.

Although for some reason when renewing, the IPs are appearing as free for me, but not when ordering them.
You order server (72h waiting time), you see the price, you know you can buy it with that price, but there is a huge backlog, OK, no problem, you wait... 20 days, when you finally get the server and are able to order extra IP's you get surprise, price has doubled.

This ain't right nor professional.

I know the price aint killer but still, it's the principle. It would be fair that everyone who ordered server when the price was lower, would get the lower price.

TheBritoid
09-09-2013, 17:46
Quote Originally Posted by cascada
I bought (payment accepted) my mSP on 19/08/2013, at this time there was still 72h waiting time on homepage and I could order extra 3 IP addresses without professional package (0.5€ per IP).
If OVH had delivered the server on time, I would already have my 3 extra IP's.
I don't mind the waiting, since I got my server, but now I would like to order the IP's, is that possible and do I have to pay 1€ or 0.5€?
€1 if you order them now.

Although for some reason when renewing, the IPs are appearing as free for me, but not when ordering them.

cascada
09-09-2013, 17:36
I bought (payment accepted) my mSP on 19/08/2013, at this time there was still 72h waiting time on homepage and I could order extra 3 IP addresses without professional package (0.5€ per IP).
If OVH had delivered the server on time, I would already have my 3 extra IP's.
I don't mind the waiting, since I got my server, but now I would like to order the IP's, is that possible and do I have to pay 1€ or 0.5€?

TheBritoid
09-09-2013, 17:22
Hello

So I imagine when it is implemented, we won't need to order professional usage to go above the 3 FO limit?

Trapper
09-09-2013, 17:18
@NatdaS

Bet you wish you had immediately locked the thread as the others do

I have edited benarchers here, as I have no idea when you took my money.

:
my order: 30/07/2013 at 14:22
My invoice paid: same date at 14:24 (1 minute after order was placed)
my payment wasn't accepted until 05/08/2013 at 16:46 (when I received a nix-handle e-mail through, and the funds cleared my account on the same day)
...If you could tell me (existing customer) how to tell when my payment was taken, it would be appreciated. If you cannot tell me, it does make your post rather pointless, as it only gives information based on a metric I have no access to...

~Trap

Neil
09-09-2013, 17:17
Quote Originally Posted by TheBritoid
According to an email I've received from Neil, you need pro-usage to order a 4th fail over on your 4th month.

Which makes this thing pointless.

Why can't OVH just be transparent? It's not too much to ask.
Hello

TheBritoid
09-09-2013, 17:13
Quote Originally Posted by raxxeh
Can I get some clarification on this please?

I have a HG server for 13 months now; I just went to add another FO and was requested to pay $50 for it. Indicating that either this isn't active yet, or that professional use is still required to get the 4th+ failover (I already have main + 3 others)

Can you clarify if we need pro or not?
According to an email I've received from Neil, you need pro-usage to order a 4th fail over on your 4th month.

Which makes this thing pointless.

Why can't OVH just be transparent? It's not too much to ask.

daveyboy37
09-09-2013, 16:40
My order was also paid on the 30/07. BUT as has been stated many many times in the Kimsufi forums (and officially by OVH) your order progress is NOT based upon that date on your invoice.

If you were a new customer, you will have gotten an e-mail with your NIC handle. The date/time you received that e-mail is when your payment was accepted (and the date/time you can base the above estimate on)

IF you weren't a new customer, the only way you can tell is by checking the date the funds cleared out of your account and went on to your bank statement (or ask OVH - they might tell you)

So, as a new customer, my order was dated: 30/07/2013 at 14:22
My invoice says my order was paid on the same date at 14:24 (1 minute after order was placed)
But, my payment wasn't accepted until 05/08/2013 at 16:46 (when I received a nix-handle e-mail through, and the funds cleared my account on the same day)

So I still have "3 days" worth of orders in front of me.

Hope that helps.

Great info, though depressing for me. It was actually the 7th before funds left my account lol

benarcher
09-09-2013, 16:19
(You knew this was coming...)

We have been asking for this kind of info for ages... Thanks for that.

I was one of those who said you would NOT give this level of detail for JUST this reason: Once you give exact dates/times people will bleat. And I am going to be the first:

My Order Says: Your order was paid on 30/07/2013 a 16:35:55

...So you are delivering orders after mine...!

I am actually NOT fussed, I can wait, it is a play thing for me, but others are going to be mighty upset, especially when they struggle with Ordered vs. Paid...

~Trap

My order was also paid on the 30/07. BUT as has been stated many many times in the Kimsufi forums (and officially by OVH) your order progress is NOT based upon that date on your invoice.

If you were a new customer, you will have gotten an e-mail with your NIC handle. The date/time you received that e-mail is when your payment was accepted (and the date/time you can base the above estimate on)

IF you weren't a new customer, the only way you can tell is by checking the date the funds cleared out of your account and went on to your bank statement (or ask OVH - they might tell you)

So, as a new customer, my order was dated: 30/07/2013 at 14:22
My invoice says my order was paid on the same date at 14:24 (1 minute after order was placed)
But, my payment wasn't accepted until 05/08/2013 at 16:46 (when I received a nix-handle e-mail through, and the funds cleared my account on the same day)

So I still have "3 days" worth of orders in front of me.

Hope that helps.

wii89
09-09-2013, 16:15
Daily updates would be nice, grateful for this update today.

raxxeh
09-09-2013, 16:12
Today, we will add the possibility of getting an IP Failover individually as well as the 3 IP FO included due to number of years the server has been used.
The rule is simple: you get the same number IP FOs as the number of months you have paid for the server. The maximum per server range is as follows:

- KS: 0
- SP: 6 IP FOs
- FS: 0
- EG: 12 IP FOs
- MG: 18 IP FOs
- HG: 24 IP FOs

If you would like to have more than 3 IP FOs from the outset, simply pay for the server X months in advance.

Can I get some clarification on this please?

I have a HG server for 13 months now; I just went to add another FO and was requested to pay $50 for it. Indicating that either this isn't active yet, or that professional use is still required to get the 4th+ failover (I already have main + 3 others)

Can you clarify if we need pro or not?

daveyboy37
09-09-2013, 16:01

I was one of those who said you would NOT give this level of detail for JUST this reason: Once you give exact dates/times people will bleat. And I am going to be the first:

I am actually NOT fussed, I can wait, it is a play thing for me, but others are going to be mighty upset, especially when they struggle with Ordered vs. Paid...

~Trap

Saves me posting all the same info... I'm in the exact same position. Paid on the same date a few hours earlier!!!

What on earth is going on!!

Trapper
09-09-2013, 15:54
KS-2G
The next order to be delivered had the payment accepted:
02-08-2013 16:29:44

~Trap

Tz-OVH
09-09-2013, 14:00
Glad to see a delivery update. Hope the order options are open for more customer sooner rather than later. Only then can oles & the team put some time into the support infra and other areas of concern.

alex
09-09-2013, 13:41
I bet you that vRack 1.5 will be cost extra on top of useless professional option.

Professional option in unprofessional company = useless waste of money, as you can't order now IPs lower than 14 and you can't do anything with it unless OVH manager director tell you so.

Spicyfish
09-09-2013, 13:18
Thank you for keeping everyone updated, more regular updates like this would be a step in the right direction.

NatdaS
09-09-2013, 12:52
Following on from
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7176

Hello,

Last week we made the decision to make the KS and SP range "Sold Out" and catch up with the delays before accepting new orders. The flow of orders is actually too furious for us to deal with so many requests in such a short space of time. It thus becomes essential to manage this flow in advance, which means before orders are received and not after.

Our offers are much too attractive and we have become victims of our own success. We have thus started to balance our offers so that we can still receive a significant number of orders, but not on the astronomical levels we had in August. As previously announced, the IP Failover price may vary each month. The price has thus gone from 0.42/IP back to 0.84/IP. Due to the number of orders we have had, stocks are being depleted faster than expected.

Today, we will add the possibility of getting an IP Failover individually as well as the 3 IP FO included due to number of years the server has been used.
The rule is simple: you get the same number IP FOs as the number of months you have paid for the server. The maximum per server range is as follows:

- KS: 0
- SP: 6 IP FOs
- FS: 0
- EG: 12 IP FOs
- MG: 18 IP FOs
- HG: 24 IP FOs

If you would like to have more than 3 IP FOs from the outset, simply pay for the server X months in advance.

This will increase the number of IPv4/32 in the routing tables of our routers, and it's essential for us to manage this number and then control it, in order to avoid technical problems in the future.
So we're changing 2 rules on RIPE IPs:

- it's no longer possible to break an IP block into individual units. The block must be kept whole. This allows us to route the maximum number of IPs with only one route in the routing table.
- the minimum block becomes /28 or 14 IPs (The 1st and last IP is no longer usable) at €13.60 excl.VAT/month.

If you would like to use an IP block for several servers, you can do it using vRack 1.5, which allows an IP block to be routed (thus only 1 entry in the routing table) and then, via the magic of the VLAN, each IP to be switched to the correct server. The vRack 1.5 is currently in the beta phase and will pass to stable at the end of the month. You will then be able to reconstitute your IP block and the reroute it on the vRack 1.5.

We are now working on how to reward customers that lease their servers for 12-24-36 months, and how to penalise those who make a lot of turnover by changing servers every 3 to 6 months. The IP FOs available for years of use is a 1st step, but there will be a series of actions related to the customer's loyalty to their server.

Delivery status:

HG:
==
Average delivery between 1hr and 48hrs

- MG:
==
Average delivery between 1hr and 48hrs

- EG:
==
We have received the CPU for the servers and we're now catching up with the backlog of outstanding deliveries fast.
The CPU that we're delivering is 30% more powerful than in the specs.

03-09-2013 20:00:33
Delivery between 1h and 48hrs is expected from mid-week.

FS:
==
FS-8T
31-08-2013 10:01:33

FS-24T
03-09-2013 11:58:36

SP
==
SP BestOf
29-08-2013 09:34:35

mSP SSD
02-09-2013 14:23:11

mSP
22-08-2013 20:52:32

KS:
==
KS-24G
Delivery in 1hr

KS-16G
19-08-2013 13:55:36

KS-4G
The next order to be delivered had the payment accepted: 03-09-2013 06:27:50

KS-2G
The next order to be delivered had the payment validated:
02-08-2013 16:29:44

We expect to deliver all orders for the end of the month at a rate of 1000 servers per week.