We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

ovh stole my money

incipient
26-09-2013, 08:54
I can finally say that I have received my refund for the decommissioning of my P19 server from the end of June (took just under 3 months).
I certainly wish the experience had been smoother, especially with the miscommunications leading me to believe I wouldn't get the money back. But it now seems to have been resolved.

S0phie
20-09-2013, 11:09
You should get your refund by the end of next week. I told you by email that the transfer will be made this week and then it takes 3 working days to reach your account.

incipient
19-09-2013, 20:49
Hi,

Still awaiting the refund.

incipient
13-09-2013, 17:12
That's great for you. Not sure how your comment helps the rest of us. But I am one of the first Uk customers and your join date is 1 month ago. So perhaps we've experienced different levels of service.

I'm still awaiting my refund and will update when I receive it, but this isn't the first shake of my confidence with OVH. But I'm glad they've admitted their mistake and are working to rectify the problem.

Sitebee
13-09-2013, 15:58
I`m not sure why all the bashing of OVH, I love their service, never had a problem.

incipient
12-09-2013, 17:16
Email "Ovh P19 - refund" has been sent.

S0phie
12-09-2013, 15:06
Well, if you want the credit of your OVH account to be refunded via bank transfer, email me your bank details (customersupport@ovh.co.uk) and I'll do it.

incipient
11-09-2013, 20:03
I see. Well I managed to find the OVH credit account feature on manager v5 but it asks for a minimum for 10 to be credited. I just want to add 1.63.

This is ridiculous, I was originally told "You can even request a refund via a payment method of your choice."

Yet now I'm being asked to pay another 10 just to get my money back.

S0phie
11-09-2013, 18:30
Loyalty points and OVH account are 2 different things.

Your refund wasn't made in points but to your OVH account.

Now you have 14.98 left in your account, you need to credit your OVH account from your Manager v5 for at least 1.63 to use it to renew your server.

When you renewed your server, 10% of the amount was rewarded into points, ie 13 points. http://www.ovh.co.uk/domains/prepaid...nt_service.xml (100 points = 1)

If you have any further questions, please email us directly.

incipient
11-09-2013, 16:05
Ok, still having a bit of trouble understanding this. I had two refunds (in ovh points). 17.99 and 13.60, totalling 31.59.

I have renewed for 1 month using this, which was 16.61, which should leave me with 14.98? I go to renew for another month, and because I don't have 16.61 in points it tells me:
"I would like to reduce the amount of this order with the points of my loyalty scheme."
Which is ok, from what I understand it means I would need to buy 1.63 worth of points so that I have enough to buy another month.

Yet, I am told:
"Credit: 130.13 points (eg:"
i only have 13p left of credit?
I don't understand what happened to the other 14.85.

S0phie
11-09-2013, 15:05
Your refund was made to your OVH account, you can use it to sign up/renew a service.

incipient
11-09-2013, 14:18
I have received two invoices for credit, which is very promising, although I'm struggling to figure out how to get to this. My bank accounts don't reflect any incoming funds, and I am unable to find a way to access ovh credit.

S0phie
09-09-2013, 18:55
If your OVH account isn't credited by Friday, please email us and we will chased our billing department.

incipient
09-09-2013, 17:32
Hi S0phie, I only received the 2nd email half an hour ago( an hour after this forum post). I'm glad to hear you are going to process the refund, and shall await this with fingers crossed.

I'll update here once received.

S0phie
09-09-2013, 17:00
Hi,

Have you checked my 2nd email? I apologised for my mistake I didn't notice that this server was located in P19.

I chased our billing team and your refund should reach your OVH account shortly this week as explained in my email.

incipient
09-09-2013, 15:54
I have been a big fan of ovh, but ever since the decommissioning of the P19 servers the level of service has gone downhill. Now they're stealing my money.

I was told:

"For customers with contracts expiring after June 30th 2013,
the remaining balance will be automatically credited to your OVH account,
which can then be used to order a new server or another OVH service. You can even request a refund via a payment method of your choice."

After waiting a long time I contacted support and received this email:
"yes, that will be done automatically very soon. All the remaining time beyond the 30/6/13 will be credited to you. You'll receive an email about it."
-Marc

So paid for the dying server as instructed. But now I'm being told that I will not be refunded this credit, and that they are stealing that money.

I have now received an email stating:
"I'm afraid that refunds can be accepted within 7 working days after the server delivery.

...we won't give any partial refund.

Regards,

Sophie"

I'm not sure how I'm expected to accept this theft.