OVH Community, your new community space.

kimi 4XL

oles@ovh.net
04-09-2008, 23:52
rickyday a écrit:
>
> I really dont know what all the fuss is about with the changes and
> prices, OVH are still the best and cheapest by far.

yes. we didn't resolv any problem with "revolution". I wanted to remove
the limit of 2 servers per customer per month and propose 20 or 50 servers
per month. But we won't be able to do it in Sep. too much orders. I hope
in Oct we will resolv this problem.

rickyday
04-09-2008, 17:59
I really dont know what all the fuss is about with the changes and prices, OVH are still the best and cheapest by far.

You try and get a similarly priced deal on the web, youd be hard pushed to tbh.

IainK
04-09-2008, 11:48
Considering you are buying the USB hard drive flat out twice over, and cannot move it to another server, this must be close to the 1000% profit range for OVH. Think how many people pay outright for that drive.
The USB storage is a rip off.

But, to be fair the prices they were offering were too cheap. We don't think so cause we all want a cheap deal, let's face it that's why we're here!
But OVH really do have to pay a lot of money for what we get for really nothing.
So it's to be expected the prices will rise, however now they are at this level they should not rise!

We now know the connection across all servers is 101Mbps and we can buy more if need be. The server prices have gone up, and the ridiculous prices for USB has not gone down. That's ok I guess. But please don't raise prices any more

hoysey
03-09-2008, 17:46
they have gone from nice cheap servers to entice members in, now they have you where they want you there ripping everyone off. I've told several people not to get servers here as the good time are now over

Andy
03-09-2008, 14:20
Quote Originally Posted by undisclosedp
Pity that, the 500gb USB drives are ridiculously over priced, even taking in to account the fact that you have to provide power for them, £109 is a bit steep considering you can get the drive for about half that in retail these days... and I'm assuming that you when you end the server you loose the drive too... but I may be wrong on that.
No, you are right, you do lose it and it cannot be transferred. Its a bit of a rip off if you ask me. I got a single 500gb western digital USB disk for £60 earlier this year. Its an absolute disgrace that you're even trying to sell them for so much. Its even worse when people buy them!!! And the USB sticks. They cost no where near what you ask for it. Sure you need profit from the cost but not 100% of the real price of the stick...

undisclosedp
03-09-2008, 14:18
Pity that, the 500gb USB drives are ridiculously over priced, even taking in to account the fact that you have to provide power for them, £109 is a bit steep considering you can get the drive for about half that in retail these days... and I'm assuming that you when you end the server you loose the drive too... but I may be wrong on that.

fozl
03-09-2008, 13:36
Correction, the RAID option is now for just the Pro servers and no longer available for the kimsufi.

However you can still order the 500GB usb drive for your kimsufi if you need that extra space.

Andy
03-09-2008, 12:11
Quote Originally Posted by undisclosedp
I have a kimi 4xl with gold, but only 250gb of disk? am i missing something...
You probably have it set to RAID1, mirror mode.

undisclosedp
03-09-2008, 12:04
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
You get that if you choose the gold option.
I have a kimi 4xl with gold, but only 250gb of disk? am i missing something...

hoysey
03-09-2008, 10:15
I think the new setups are a disgrace really, 250GB HDD on the kimsufi ranges are terrible, what happened to to 750GB. OVH is really starting to lose it's appeal IMHO

I got about 3 weeks to run on my 2 servers then I think I'll go somewhere else, as the server I wanted is no longer available.

fozl
03-09-2008, 09:49
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
the 4XL on the kimi website im really intrested in.
Any chance we can get a raid option on this.
2x250gig please?

Go on oles you no you want to
You get that if you choose the gold option.

slayer2005
03-09-2008, 01:34
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
I'm actually surprised the drive space didn't increase with the model. 250GB isn't a lot these days, and especially not for me. I need at least 750GB space with my current hosting setup, and thats what I have on my Large++. If I wanted to change I'd have to almost double my costs to get the same space! The deals might sound better now but they're really not. Bring back the Large++ ranges. I loved those!
i agree to a point m8.
500gig id be happy with.i mean thats a beast of a machine and the price is nice just the hd space is lacking indeed.

Andy
03-09-2008, 00:58
I'm actually surprised the drive space didn't increase with the model. 250GB isn't a lot these days, and especially not for me. I need at least 750GB space with my current hosting setup, and thats what I have on my Large++. If I wanted to change I'd have to almost double my costs to get the same space! The deals might sound better now but they're really not. Bring back the Large++ ranges. I loved those!

slayer2005
03-09-2008, 00:13
the 4XL on the kimi website im really intrested in.
Any chance we can get a raid option on this.
2x250gig please?

Go on oles you no you want to