OVH Community, your new community space.

Pay by card 'Immediate creation' is not working ...

sandygws
17-09-2013, 14:20
Finally got the login; thanks guys.

All's well that ends well

FS-8T is a lot 'snappier' than I thought it would be!

Myatu
17-09-2013, 13:49
Quote Originally Posted by marks
regarding the stock: to be precise, the stock counter is showing the numbers of servers coming from the production line, and that's real. And most of the time (many OVH customers can certify) that's very close to how long it will take to get your server.

The problem is that, with the backlog, which is something quite unsual (and we never had it for this long as this time), then this number is not as representative of delivery times anylonger.
No, that's not the problem. The problem is that you have to explain to (new) people what those numbers actually mean, as you've just done. If you have to do that, that indicates something needs changing.

Andy
17-09-2013, 12:38
The stock system should show actual servers available for deployment rather than the number coming from the production line. That would work better don't you think?

For support, even a single person working overnight and on a weekend would be 1000x better than it is now. After 6pm it's impossible to get a straight answer out of French support because most of them don't speak or understand English very well. I've never spoken to one over there that does. Admittedly you get there in the end but you shouldn't have to work like that especially if it's a pro server (non kimsufi).

marks
17-09-2013, 12:20
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Well it wouldn't be difficult for them to implement a proper stock system either. Even if they sold out and continued to sell, the system would know and notify the user. After they over-sell so many it could change to sold out to prevent a huge backlog that they currently have. It's not difficult but Oles always seems to have his head shoved in various other places at the wrong time...

And 24hr support would be nice. It's 2013 not 1993. Servers are the center point of every business and service.
regarding the stock: to be precise, the stock counter is showing the numbers of servers coming from the production line, and that's real. And most of the time (many OVH customers can certify) that's very close to how long it will take to get your server.

The problem is that, with the backlog, which is something quite unsual (and we never had it for this long as this time), then this number is not as representative of delivery times anylonger.

Regarding the 24h support: it's something that it's been looked at, but we don't have more information at the moment.

Andy
17-09-2013, 12:04
Well it wouldn't be difficult for them to implement a proper stock system either. Even if they sold out and continued to sell, the system would know and notify the user. After they over-sell so many it could change to sold out to prevent a huge backlog that they currently have. It's not difficult but Oles always seems to have his head shoved in various other places at the wrong time...

And 24hr support would be nice. It's 2013 not 1993. Servers are the center point of every business and service.

Myatu
17-09-2013, 12:01
Yes, it's incredibly misleading and we have complained before to no avail.
For the last 5 years at least... You'd think by now they'd want to lessen the workload of calls or forum posts of "why don't I have my server yet?!".

Andy
17-09-2013, 08:59
No, there is no guaranteed deployment time. The "1h" means that they have servers in stock that if payment is made and verified could be deployed in 1 hour. It doesn't mean it will since that display is not a live display of how many servers really exist. Yes, it's incredibly misleading and we have complained before to no avail.

sandygws
17-09-2013, 08:49
1hr is not a guarantee and never has been, it was simply a guideline.
A guideline with the flexiblity to mean more than 12 hours?

Still waiting ...

Andy
16-09-2013, 22:41
1hr is not a guarantee and never has been, it was simply a guideline.

sandygws
16-09-2013, 22:08
Only been a customer on and off for 5 years, so I guess they need to manually 'verify' me

EDIT:

Oh look, the '1 hr' has now been changed:

Gravelines (GRA)

24H

ROFL

ctype_alnum
16-09-2013, 21:57
Usual incompetence.....

sandygws
16-09-2013, 21:50
More than 2 hours later and still no '1 hr' server.

We confirm the receipt of your payment corresponding to
order number 2256XXXX

Your order will be verified promptly by our team.

Way to go OVH. It's not as if I ordered a '1 hr' server as I actually needed the server tonight.

Take your time ...

sandygws
16-09-2013, 20:12
I bet you got the last one

Still waiting here ...

russy121
16-09-2013, 20:11
mine just came in, sweet time ovh well done.

sandygws
16-09-2013, 19:56
Says '1 hr' for provision. Does that still apply if it's Loyalty Points and/or PayPal?

russy121
16-09-2013, 19:53
cool ty for the hint just used my loyalty points lets hope they still get it to me quick

russy121
16-09-2013, 19:46
blummin hope not i cant wait any longer for a msp
hmmm i wonder how many loyaty points i have

sandygws
16-09-2013, 19:43
Haha, jut seen your other thread russy .. I'm also trying to order an FS-8T.

Just paid using Loyalty Points + Paypal .. wonder how long it will take before activation

Maybe they already sold out

macole111
16-09-2013, 19:37
Try calling the incident line: 0203 384 2356 24/7

Otherwise it'll be tomorrow morning by the time OVH UK looks here.

-macole111

russy121
16-09-2013, 19:35
same here just posted the same in general disscusions
hope it gets sorted soon i only have a couple of hrs get this done

sandygws
16-09-2013, 18:09
I have tried three times this afternoon to order a server.

Pay by card 'Immediate creation'

Waiting for secure.osp.ovh.com...

Credit/Debit card payment reference
Payment amount

Payment declined.
Back to OVH.co.uk
One small problem: at no point am I being asked to enter my credit card details ...

Perhaps someone at OVH could post here when the problem is fixed and I will try once again.

Thank you