OVH Community, your new community space.

Starting to bore me....

geoffreyc
19-09-2013, 07:29
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
The price of IPs went back up? So they lasted what at the lower price? A month?

Well, the IP block is going back then thats for sure and I'l just aff the failovers.
You can no longer split IP blocks into /32, you have to route the whole block to a server.

DigitalDaz
18-09-2013, 23:54
The price of IPs went back up? So they lasted what at the lower price? A month?

Well, the IP block is going back then thats for sure and I'l just aff the failovers.

Jasgriff
18-09-2013, 22:46
Quote Originally Posted by village_i_diot
The price of IP's went back up to £0.84+ Vat
Didn't the price of professional use go up too?

village_i_diot
18-09-2013, 20:10
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
I don't understand the logic on the IPs, unless things have changed again very recently, OVH have just halved the price of IPs to about 50p each or less. On top of that you can brak down the IP blocks and allocate them to separate servers.
The price of IP's went back up to £0.84+ Vat

DigitalDaz
18-09-2013, 18:14
I don't understand the logic on the IPs, unless things have changed again very recently, OVH have just halved the price of IPs to about 50p each or less. On top of that you can brak down the IP blocks and allocate them to separate servers.

Mark1978
18-09-2013, 17:56
Agreed; all the recent changes have massively diminished OVH in many peoples eyes. As another poster said; it's a farce.

skegyuk
18-09-2013, 15:24
Hi,

I am not sure how other clients of OVH feel but I am starting to get bored of the time I am wasting keeping up with the goings on at OVH! I run a small VPS hosting business and have around 20 servers with OVH. Below is the list of problems I have had:

1. Pricing: This is so random! it makes it hard for me to work out margins when one month I am paying X the next I am paying Y!

2. IP's: Now these can only be purchased in blocks of 16, so if I buy a MSP for for £40 I am actually spending £37 on IP's a total of £77! Nearly the cost of the server. All for the use of 6 IPs that I need for VPS clients.

3. Support: I have called up a few times, once as all my servers had gone down, spoke to support they said there was nothing wrong and I needed to open a ticket. I found out from twitter an hour later it was a complete OVH blackout. The blackout did not bother me that much, we all have problems, but the communication is a massive let down.

4 I have then spoken to sales.... they will say things like "Oh it was actually Oles our CEO who made this change but we are not sure why, I will find out some more info" is there any internal communication when you make changes?

I try and automate everything when it comes to my business and it's hosting services, but I find this has saved me no time as I am having to keep changing procedures, prices, plans etc just to keep it running smoothly.

OVH is around 30 % of my business, the rest is with LeaseWeb, I have to admit OVH used to win hands down, instant setup (1hr), unlimited bandwidth. All of these benefits have been eradicated over the last few months and it looks like it may be time to look elsewhere.

Danny