OVH Community, your new community space.

Anti-Spam system too?

LawsHosting
20-09-2013, 19:19
So, what happens when our clients run genuine newsletters? I hate spam as the next guy - hence why I try and use blocking techniques myself - but by the looks of it, it'll be like OVH's "fake hack detections"

Someone on the list asked for some details on how it detects spam (rules, headers, etc), but Octave refused point-blank to give any!

macole111
20-09-2013, 18:39
Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
Announced in the classic OVH style...

~Trap
mhmm, as usual...

-macole111

Trapper
20-09-2013, 17:54
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
... Have I missed a post or something about introducing one, or has it been around for ages?
Announced in the classic OVH style...

~Trap

cartwright118
20-09-2013, 16:48
Yeah, he did. Here > "A VAC also participates in the fight against spam. The VAC will actually suck up and duplicate "the outgoing email traffic" of a datcentre (DC) in order to analyse it with anti-spam and antivirus programmes. We will be able to calculate the statistics on the amount of spam per SRC IP in our DCs, and then block an IP's SMTP traffic, when we believe that it is acting as a spammer."

Found in this post > http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...spam#post46133

village_i_diot
20-09-2013, 15:06
Quote Originally Posted by cartwright118
Didn't oles mention something about the VAC detecting SPAM too?
I hope not as I found some genuine Emails in my spam folders before now, ie the one from OVH telling me my server details.

LawsHosting
20-09-2013, 14:54
Quote Originally Posted by cartwright118
Did he?! Maybe I skipped that part.

My French is close to non-existant! Damn, I can't even speak English!

cartwright118
20-09-2013, 14:47

LawsHosting
20-09-2013, 14:47
Ok, I'm seeing threads in the Anti-ddos ML about a lot of people getting caught by a "Anti-Spam system". Have I missed a post or something about introducing one, or has it been around for ages? This the first I heard about one.