OVH Community, your new community space.

Kimsufi 4G... No longer needed.

Nexx
24-09-2013, 19:06
Quote Originally Posted by alex
No this is 2011 Kimsufi 16G
Ah thanks. Looking for a 2013 one because of the cost. I'll keep waiting ^^

alex
24-09-2013, 18:46
Quote Originally Posted by Nexx
Alex, is that a 2013 KS-16G? If so, I'm interested. Enable PM's in your profile and we can talk =)

daveyboy37, KS-4G is running great, thanks!
No this is 2011 Kimsufi 16G

daveyboy37
24-09-2013, 18:26
Quote Originally Posted by Nexx

Great news

Nexx
24-09-2013, 17:42
Quote Originally Posted by alex
Kimsufi 4G expired on 2013-10-12 (I believe in English is 12 October 2013), if someone want to have server with specs: i5, 1 x 2TB HDD and 16GB RAM, drop me a line and I will transfer the server over.
Alex, is that a 2013 KS-16G? If so, I'm interested. Enable PM's in your profile and we can talk =)

alex
24-09-2013, 15:24
Kimsufi 4G expired on 2013-10-12 (I believe in English is 12 October 2013), if someone want to have server with specs: i5, 1 x 2TB HDD and 16GB RAM, drop me a line and I will transfer the server over.

Myatu
23-09-2013, 20:49
Quote Originally Posted by marks
you can transfer the full legal ownership
That's an important thing to mention. If he had not done so, and this other person started using the server for whatever nasty stuff, daveyboy37 would still have been liable as the contract is in his name.

daveyboy37
23-09-2013, 17:06
yes, that's right.

Afterwards, if you want to, you can transfer the full legal ownership here:

OVH Manager >> Administration >> Procedures >> The procedure to change an owner of a service

Thanks again for helping me sort this Marks

marks
23-09-2013, 13:27
yes, that's right.

Afterwards, if you want to, you can transfer the full legal ownership here:

OVH Manager >> Administration >> Procedures >> The procedure to change an owner of a service

daveyboy37
23-09-2013, 12:40
you can transfer easily the day-to-day management to another nichandle here:

OVH Manager >> choose your service >> Administration >> Contacts

Thank you for the info Marks. So if i select "apply changes to all services" does this transfer effectively transfer over the server from my server manager to my friends?

marks
23-09-2013, 12:32
you can transfer easily the day-to-day management to another nichandle here:

OVH Manager >> choose your service >> Administration >> Contacts

daveyboy37
22-09-2013, 21:30
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
Admin-->Procedures
So we did all this and it then required us both to provide proof of id. Ooh I think I did that when I bought my first server with OVH.

End result is, never of us could be bothered and I leave the server doing nothing at all until it lapses. The same with the Canadian Kimsufi.

Yes I know that I could just hand them back and they could be passed on to the next customer. But is that really likely to happen. Will the admin/sales team not be snowed under scrutinising transfer requests... looking for a mistake like signing up as David and filling the request form in as Dave and thus rejecting the transfer Or then again they could maybe posting on the forums and keeping us updated.

There is one thing that I hope someone can explain. How did someone transfer an mSP to me a couple of weeks ago and it just immediately appeared in my server manager.
Is it different rules for different servers?

Nexx
22-09-2013, 17:47
Quote Originally Posted by daveyboy37
Oh ok. I thought i read since my original post that Kimsufi's couldn't be transferred.
Also am i mistaken in thinking that there was a section in manager that allowed you to transfer to another client ?

When i did a search of transferring a server it suggested that I would have to send paperwork or an email to action a transfer. However only two weeks ago someone hooked me up with an mSP, at 2AM. So I again thought that there was an option in the control panel. If so, where is it?
Still available? If so, I'm interested =)

Let me know ^^

Tz-OVH
22-09-2013, 17:27
Admin-->Procedures
List of procedures

Procedure of contact change
The procedure to change an owner of a service
Procedure of owner change for a .es domain

daveyboy37
22-09-2013, 16:46
Oh ok. I thought i read since my original post that Kimsufi's couldn't be transferred.
Also am i mistaken in thinking that there was a section in manager that allowed you to transfer to another client ?

When i did a search of transferring a server it suggested that I would have to send paperwork or an email to action a transfer. However only two weeks ago someone hooked me up with an mSP, at 2AM. So I again thought that there was an option in the control panel. If so, where is it?

Tz-OVH
22-09-2013, 15:38
Hadn't realized you couldn't automatically transfer Kimsufi's :-(
Not sure what you mean by automatic transfer?

OVH still allow you to transfer ownership as long as its within the same domain. e.g.: A UK customer can transfer to a UK customer and an EU customer can transfer to an EU. I got my current KS-16G RAID model since a friend with a UK account didn't need his.

S0phie also confirmed that its still allowed.

daveyboy37
22-09-2013, 13:35
Indeed so. So now its just gonna sit idle to renewal time, then lapsed.
Hey ho!

LawsHosting
22-09-2013, 13:30
Quote Originally Posted by daveyboy37
Mmmm, scratch that. Hadn't realized you couldn't automatically transfer Kimsufi's :-(
Which is turning into an ironic situation. They say they do not want "churn", but with rules like this, they will get churn. I know the servers that are let go will probably sit in the racks for a few weeks, but still, it gives them extra work to reset everything for the new customer, dah-de-dah.

daveyboy37
22-09-2013, 11:08
Hey all. I have a kimsufi 4G that is no longer needed. (Expires 3rd October.)
PM me if interested. If you want it payment MUST be by Paypal.
Server will be transferred over within 6 hours of confirmation.

Mmmm, scratch that. Hadn't realized you couldn't automatically transfer Kimsufi's :-(